Film, Video 2019 Américas Awards
About this Item
- 2019 Américas Awards
- The Américas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature is literary award presented annually that recognizes high quality "children's and young adult books that portray Latin America, the Caribbean or Latinos in the United States, and to provide teachers with recommendations for classroom use." It was first awarded in 1993 by the Consortium of Latin American Studies Programs. The award is presented annually at a ceremony at the Library of Congress during Hispanic Heritage Month, along with coordinating workshops for teachers.
- Event Date
- September 27, 2019
- Running Time
- 45 minutes 20 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Américas Awards. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9103/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Américas Awards. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9103/.
MLA citation style:
Américas Awards. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9103/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAméricas Award 2020 The Américas Awards celebrates the connection between Latin American studies, Hispanic creators and Hispanic topics in youth and children's literature. Co-sponsored with the Consortium of Latin American Studies Programs (CLASP).
- Contributor: Johnston, Tony - Balcárcel, Rebecca - Salazar, Aida - Woltering-Vargas, Denise - Peña, Zeke - Thurber, Maria - Perkins, Mitali - McCoy, Colleen
- Date: 2020-10-12
Film, VideoAuntie Luce's Talking Paintings Americas Award honoree Francie Latour read from "Auntie Luce's Talking Paintings," her book about a young American girl who visits family in Haiti and finds herself through her Haitian auntie's paintbrush. The...
- Contributor: Latour, Francie
- Date: 2019-09-27
Film, Video2015 Américas Awards for Children & Young Adult Literature Author and illustrator Duncan Tonatiuh and author Margarita Engle received the 2015 Américas Awards for Children and Young Adult Literature.
- Contributor: Tonatiuh, Duncan - Engle, Margarita
- Date: 2015-09-18
Film, VideoLatin Pop: A Cultural Fusion Singer-songwriter Chris Urquiaga in concert with iconic Latin pop songs in Spanish and Portuguese and in various genres, including bossa nova and salsa.
- Contributor: Urquiaga, Chris
- Date: 2017-09-26
Film, VideoTribute to Chilean Poet Gonzalo Rojas A tribute to the life and work of Chilean poet Gonzalo Rojas: "A Hundred Years of a Lightning Bolt." Un tributo a la vida y obra del poeta Chileno Gonzalo Rojas: "Cien...
- Contributor: Deeny Morales, Anna - Brodsky, Roberto - Rojas-May, Gonzalo - Kirkpatrick, Gwen
- Date: 2017-10-05