Film, Video Home Alone in a Simulated Mars
About this Item
- Home Alone in a Simulated Mars
- NASA astronaut and scientist Kate Greene discusses her forthcoming book, "Once Upon a Time I Lived on Mars: Space, Exploration and Life on Earth," with the Library's Marie Arana. Greene lived in a simulated Martian environment located on the slopes of Mauna Loa in Hawai'i and spent several months in isolation, doing research. She has a lot to say about the stress, loneliness and other challenges of sequestration -- all from a novel and unique perspective.
- Event Date
- May 14, 2020
- Running Time
- 29 minutes, 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Home Alone in a Simulated Mars. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9174/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Home Alone in a Simulated Mars. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9174/.
MLA citation style:
Home Alone in a Simulated Mars. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9174/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoNo One Was Immune: Mapping the Great Pandemics from Columbus to COVID-19
- Contributor: Arana, Marie - Hessler, John
- Date: 2020-04-23
Film, VideoJohn M. Barry on "The Great Influenza"
- Contributor: Rubenstein, David - Barry, John M. - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2020-04-07
Film, VideoSpillover: Animal Infections & the Next Pandemic
- Contributor: Rubenstein, David - Quammen, David
- Date: 2020-04-30
Film, VideoJill Lepore on How This Pandemic Will Go Down in History
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Lepore, Jill
- Date: 2020-05-21
Film, VideoRichard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders
- Contributor: Ford, Richard - Arana, Marie - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2020-06-04