Film, Video Live! In the Archive: Lone Piñon Duo
About this Item
- Live! In the Archive: Lone Piñon Duo
- Jordan Wax and Tanya Nuñez of Lone Piñon perform in the American Folklife Center Reading Room, including some of their interpretations of songs that they found during their research in the center's archive. "Indita de San Juan" is from the repertoire of Gregorio Ruiz of Pecos, New Mexico, learned from a recording by Jack Loeffler. The next two songs are from the Juan B. Rael Collection, recorded in 1940: "La Varsoviana," which Rael collected from Nieves and Ernestina Anaya of Arroyo Hondo, New Mexico, and "La Entrega de los Novios," which was played by Adelaido and Adolfo Chavez. "La Josefinita" is a song Jordan Wax learned from Don Pedro Dimas of Ichupio, Michoacan. "Chote Montoya" was originally played by Vicentito Montoya and Margarito Olivas in the Jack Loeffler and Katherine Strain collection of folk music of New Mexico.
- Event Date
- January 29, 2020
- Running Time
- 21 minutes 20 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Live! In the Archive: Lone Piñon Duo. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9184/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Live! In the Archive: Lone Piñon Duo. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9184/.
MLA citation style:
Live! In the Archive: Lone Piñon Duo. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9184/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRosie Stewart in Concert Rosie Stewart, a singer from Co. Fermanagh in Ireland, performed in concert, including "Adieu to Lovely Garrison," as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress co-sponsored by...
- Contributor: Stewart, Rosie
- Date: 2007-05-09
Film, VideoNorth American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection John Moulden, singer and author from Ulster, presented a lecture titled "North American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection" as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of...
- Contributor: Moulden, John
- Date: 2007-05-02
Film, VideoThis Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made the Civil Rights Movement Possible Writer and journalist Charles Cobb discusses his new book, "This Nonviolent Stuff'll Get You Killed: How Guns Made the Civil Rights Movement Possible."
- Contributor: Cobb, Charles
- Date: 2014-05-20
Film, VideoFlory's Flame A discussion of the documentary film on the life and music of Flory Jagoda by producers Curt Fissel and Ellen Friedland.
- Contributor: Fissel, Curt - Jagoda, Flory - Friedland, Ellen
- Date: 2015-01-21
Film, VideoCorsican Language & Expressive Culture Since the mid-20th century, a variety of social, economic and political factors have affected the cultural practices and conceptions of identity on the Mediterranean island of Corsica. Linguistic anthropologist Alexandra Jaffe discusses...
- Contributor: Jaffe, Alexandra
- Date: 2014-12-02