Film, Video Richard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders
About this Item
- Richard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders
- As part of our National Book Festival Presents series for June, "Connecting the World With Words," this spring event honors 2019 Library of Congress Prize for American Fiction winner Richard Ford, in conversation with Marie Arana, Library of Congress literary director. Ford, whose work has been translated into dozens of languages, will speak on the universality of fiction. Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden selected Ford for the prize based on nominations from more than 60 distinguished literary figures, including former winners of the prize, acclaimed authors and literary critics from around the world.
- Event Date
- June 04, 2020
- Running Time
- 35 minutes 9 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Richard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9191/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Richard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9191/.
MLA citation style:
Richard Ford: A Good Story Knows No Borders. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9191/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEric Cervini on Celebrating 50 Years of LGBTQ Pride
- Contributor: Encina, Roswell - Cervini, Eric
- Date: 2020-05-28
Film, VideoCarla Hayden & Lonnie Bunch: Cultural Institutions at Times of Social Unrest
- Contributor: Hayden, Carla D. - Bunch III, Lonnie G.
- Date: 2020-06-05
Film, VideoHa Jin on the Legendary Poet Li Bai
- Contributor: Jin, Ha - Casper, Robert
- Date: 2020-06-11
Film, VideoWinston Churchill: The Right Words at the Right Time
- Contributor: Rubenstein, David - Larson, Erik
- Date: 2020-06-18
Film, VideoPoetry Ancestors: How Invention Meets Influence
- Contributor: Charles, Ron - Hahn, Kimiko - Mohabir, Rajiv
- Date: 2020-06-25