Film, Video Creative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies
About this Item
- Creative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies
- Constanze Stelzenmüller and Andrew Weiss discuss what systems are handling the pandemic better and why, how the European Union is dealing with the pandemic, internal politics in Russia, and how all of this impacts the United States. John Haskell moderated.
- Event Date
- June 10, 2020
- - Constanze Stelzenmüller is an expert on German, European and transatlantic foreign and security policy and strategy, was the inaugural Robert Bosch senior fellow in the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution, and is the most recent Kissinger Chair in Foreign Policy and International Relations at the Library's John W. Kluge Center.
- - Andrew Weiss is the James Family Chair and vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment, where he oversees research in Washington and Moscow on Russia and Eurasia. In the fall he will begin an appointment as the second Library of Congress Chair in US-Russia Relations.
- - John Haskell is the director of the John W. Kluge Center in the Library of Congress.
- Running Time
- 43 minutes 4 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Creative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9208/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Creative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9208/.
MLA citation style:
Creative or Destructive Force? COVID-19, Russia & European Democracies. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9208/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoOn the Future of Democracy: A Time to Build
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Levin, Yuval
- Date: 2020-05-13
Film, VideoThe Fall of the Berlin Wall & the Future of Democracy
- Contributor: Harrison, Hope M. - Stelzenmuller, Constanze - Haskell, John
- Date: 2019-12-05
Film, VideoPolitics of Culture, Culture of Politics: Europe in the 21st Century
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Krastev, Ivan
- Date: 2019-05-09
Film, VideoCandice Millard on James Garfield
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Millard, Candice
- Date: 2019-09-18
Film, VideoDanielle Allen Takes on the Hard Questions on Democracy and Public Life
- Contributor: Haskell, John - Allen, Danielle
- Date: 2020-07-02