Film, Video Bridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin
About this Item
- Bridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin
- Composer Cliff Eidelman was paired with pianist Jenny Lin to write a new work for solo piano entitled "Bridges," which premiered on June 18, 2020. From the Composer: In the spirit of "The Boccaccio Project," I reflected on the times we are all collectively living through and with this music, I found myself yearning toward a day when the world could all cross the bridge back into life. "Bridges" went through several incarnations before I started to see the shape and the themes more clearly. I wanted to create a piano work worthy of virtuoso Jenny Lin and that is partly what kept me going back to the drawing board. After trying so many possibilities, the piece took shape. Upon finishing, I looked back on it and realized that the work crossed over four bridges into different contrasting scenes to be interpreted by the listener. -- Cliff Eidelman
- Event Date
- June 18, 2020
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9220/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Bridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9220/.
MLA citation style:
Bridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9220/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSequestered Thoughts: Damien Sneed & Jeremy Jordan
- Contributor: Sneed, Damien - Jordan, Jeremy
- Date: 2020-06-15
Film, Videoshadow of a difference / falling: Richard Drehoff Jr. & Andrew Nogal
- Contributor: Nogal, Andrew - Drehoff Jr., Richard
- Date: 2020-06-16
Film, VideoIntuit (a way to stay in this world): Miya Masaoka & Kathryn Bates
- Contributor: Masaoka, Miya - Bates, Kathryn
- Date: 2020-06-17
Film, VideoHello World: Erin Rogers & Erin Lesser
- Contributor: Lesser, Erin - Rogers, Erin
- Date: 2020-06-19
Film, Video1462 Willard Street: Luciano Chessa & Charlton Lee
- Contributor: Chessa, Luciano - Lee, Charlton
- Date: 2020-06-22