Film, Video Olcott Park: Aaron Travers & Daniel Pesca
About this Item
- Olcott Park: Aaron Travers & Daniel Pesca
- Composer Aaron Travers has been paired with pianist Daniel Pesca of the Grossman Ensemble to write a new work for solo piano, entitled "Olcott Park." From the Composer: Olcott Park is a place in Bloomington, Indiana, not far from where I live. I used to enjoy going there with my children, who would play soccer or run around on the many paths. I would also take my camera and look for birds to photograph, especially in the spring when prairie warblers, parulas and other migrants would come to visit. Since the coronavirus outbreak, I have made a few excursions there, but not in recent weeks. There are too many people around, most without masks, most in close proximity to one another. It is not the safe place it had once been. Even the less trodden paths are choked with people, so that there is little peace left there. But I still care for it, and I still hope to return again soon. This solo piano piece is a remembrance of that place, with its forests and birds, its many paths, and that sense of peace I once felt. It is dedicated to my dear friend, Daniel Pesca with deepest admiration. ~ Aaron Travers
- Event Date
- June 23, 2020
- Running Time
- 4 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Olcott Park: Aaron Travers & Daniel Pesca. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9232/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Olcott Park: Aaron Travers & Daniel Pesca. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9232/.
MLA citation style:
Olcott Park: Aaron Travers & Daniel Pesca. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9232/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSequestered Thoughts: Damien Sneed & Jeremy Jordan
- Contributor: Sneed, Damien - Jordan, Jeremy
- Date: 2020-06-15
Film, Videoshadow of a difference / falling: Richard Drehoff Jr. & Andrew Nogal
- Contributor: Nogal, Andrew - Drehoff Jr., Richard
- Date: 2020-06-16
Film, VideoIntuit (a way to stay in this world): Miya Masaoka & Kathryn Bates
- Contributor: Masaoka, Miya - Bates, Kathryn
- Date: 2020-06-17
Film, VideoBridges: Cliff Eidelman & Jenny Lin
- Contributor: Eidelman, Cliff - Lin, Jenny
- Date: 2020-06-18
Film, VideoHello World: Erin Rogers & Erin Lesser
- Contributor: Lesser, Erin - Rogers, Erin
- Date: 2020-06-19