Film, Video Phaeton Piano Trio
About this Item
- Phaeton Piano Trio
- The Phaeton Trio appeared for the first time in the U.S. at the Library of Congress. Recently formed by a group of stellar musicians centered in Weimar and Leipzig Friedemann Eichhorn, violin, Peter Horr, cello and Florian Uhlig, piano. The trio revealed the premiere of a new completion of a Beethoven piano trio fragment by Victor Kissine, of which we offer a portion here. In contrast with their mythological namesake, the Phaeton Trio maintains control of their musical chariot as they soar through the heavens, setting alight the music of Beethoven and Mendelssohn. Program: Introduction from violinist Friedemann Eichhorn, regarding the Kreisler Guarneri violin. (00:38) Ludwig van Beethoven/Kissine (01:38) Excerpt from Trio Fragment in F minor [Allegro ma non troppo] completed by Victor Kissine (2020) [excerpt]. Ludwig van Beethoven/Kissine (01:38) Excerpt from Trio Fragment in F minor [Allegro ma non troppo] completed by Victor Kissine (2020) [excerpt].,World Premiere. () Trio in D Major, op. 70/1. (11:00) I. Allegro vivace e con brio (11:00) II. Largo assai ed espressivo (18:02) II. Presto (27:46) Felix Mendelssohn Trio No. 1 in D minor, op. 49 (35:40) I. Molto allegro ed agitato (35:40) II. Andante con moto tranquillo (44:56) III. Scherzo: Leggiero e vivace (51:36) IV. Finale: Allegro assai appassionato (55:26) Ludwig van Beethoven Piano Trio, Op. 11 (Gassenhauer) II. Adagio (1:04:50)
- Event Date
- February 07, 2020
- - Violin
- Running Time
- 1 hours 10 minutes 58 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Phaeton Piano Trio. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9247/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Phaeton Piano Trio. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9247/.
MLA citation style:
Phaeton Piano Trio. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9247/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with Phaeton Trio
- Contributor: Phaeton Trio - Uhlig, Florian - Horr, Peter - Eichhorn, Friedemann
- Date: 2020-02-07
Film, VideoHaydn 2020 Academy Workshop with the Library's Instruments
- Contributor: Smith, Yvonne - Bamford, Carol Lynn - Johnson-Pajaro, Carmen - Ashworth, Jacob - Slowik, Kenneth
- Date: 2020-01-10
Film, VideoBrentano Quartet with Hsin-Yun Huang
- Contributor: Brentano Quartet - Huang, Hsin-Yun
- Date: 2018-12-18
Film, VideoTank and the Bangas Educational Workshop
- Contributor: Tank and the Bangas
- Date: 2019-10-26
Film, VideoLes Talens Lyriques: Francois Couperin at 350
- Contributor: Brahim-Djelloul, Amel - Warnier, Eugenie - Rousset, Christophe - Gaubert-Jacques, Gilone - Perkoila, Mikko
- Date: 2018-10-18