Film, Video Newspaper Navigator Data Jam
About this Item
- Newspaper Navigator Data Jam
- The Library of Congress hosted the Newspaper Navigator Data Jam to showcase Library of Congress Innovator in Residence Ben Lee's work extracting visual content from the Library's Chronicling America digital newspaper collection. After a behind-the-scenes look at Lee's project, Newspaper Navigator, "jammers" had the chance to work with millions of images contained in digitized historic newspapers for the first time.
- May 07, 2020
- - Jaime Mears is senior innovation specialist in the digital innovation division (LC Labs) at the Library of Congress.
- - Deborah Thomas is chief of Serial & Government Publications Division at the Library of Congress and program manager for the National Digital Newspaper Program.
- - Benjamin Lee, a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Washington, is the Innovator in Residence for the Library of Congress.
- 1 hours 24 minutes 16 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Newspaper Navigator Data Jam. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9253/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Newspaper Navigator Data Jam. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9253/.
MLA citation style:
Newspaper Navigator Data Jam. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9253/>.