Film, Video Paul Lewis Concert
About this Item
- Paul Lewis Concert
- Paul Lewis, one of the world's great interpreters of Beethoven and Schubert, performs a favorite Haydn sonata and three autumnal gems by Brahms. Beethoven's monumental Diabelli Variations were an overachiever's response to Anton Diabelli's crowd-sourcing of variations from some 51 composers, who all contributed at least one variation, including Czerny, Moscheles, Franz Schubert and the young Franz Liszt. A conversation with the eminent pianist follows the performance. Program Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1804) Sonata in E minor, HXVI: 34 (0:00:30) Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) Three Intermezzi, op. 117 (0:15:47) Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827) Thirty-Three Variations on a Waltz by Diabelli, op. 120 (0:32:14) Post-concert Conversation [1:26:13]
- Event Date
- March 08, 2019
- Running Time
- 1 hours 37 minutes 6 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Paul Lewis Concert. 2019. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9267/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Paul Lewis Concert. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9267/.
MLA citation style:
Paul Lewis Concert. 2019. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9267/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoArtist Encounters: Paul Lewis, Pianist
- Contributor: Plylar, David - Lewis, Paul
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoCurtis Chamber Orchestra
- Contributor: Curtis Chamber Orchestra - Spano, Robert
- Date: 2015-03-07
Film, VideoAkademie für alte Musik Berlin
- Contributor: Akademie Fur Alte Musik Berlin
- Date: 2014-04-05
Film, VideoFranz Schubert's "Winterreise"
- Contributor: Drake, Julius - Bostridge, Ian
- Date: 2015-02-07
Film, VideoLeipzig String Quartet
- Contributor: Leipzig String Quartet
- Date: 2015-03-21