Film, Video Américas Award 2020
About this Item
- Américas Award 2020
- The Américas Awards celebrates the connection between Latin American studies, Hispanic creators and Hispanic topics in youth and children's literature. Co-sponsored with the Consortium of Latin American Studies Programs (CLASP).
- Event Date
- October 12, 2020
- Running Time
- 24 minutes 34 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Américas Award. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9476/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Américas Award. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9476/.
MLA citation style:
Américas Award. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9476/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video2019 Américas Awards The Américas Award for Children's and Young Adult Literature is literary award presented annually that recognizes high quality "children's and young adult books that portray Latin America, the Caribbean or Latinos in...
- Contributor: McCoy, Colleen - Woltering-Vargas, Denise - Latour, Francie - Moraga, Christi - Campos, David - Sharp, Connie - Tonatiuh, Duncan
- Date: 2019-09-27
Film, VideoMaratón de Poesía / Poetry Marathon The Maratón de Poesía / Poetry Marathon is a trailblazing annual event that bring together recognized Hispanic poets from the United States and abroad to share their work with the local poetry...
- Contributor: Deeny, Anna - Duque, Marcella - Garcia, Jesus Rito - Del Pliego, Benito - Schadl, Suzanne - Nunez, Vanessa - Betancourt, Sonia - Benjamin, Rosalina - Thurber, Maria - Estevez, Sofia ... Deeny, Anna - Duque, Marcella - Garcia, Jesus Rito - Del Pliego, Benito - Schadl, Suzanne - Nunez, Vanessa - Betancourt, Sonia - Benjamin, Rosalina - Thurber, Maria - Estevez, Sofia - Carreno, Cecilia - Mendez, Roxana - Berroa, Rei - Cuevas, Julio - Salazar, Ario E. - Martin, Rita
- Date: 2019-06-07
Film, VideoThe Cosmic Race: Who Are Hispanics Anyway? Marie Arana is the author of both non-fiction and fiction books. This event commemorates Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Contributor: Arana, Marie
- Date: 2013-09-19
Film, VideoWorking with Latin America: Smithsonian Folklife Reflections Olivia Cadaval reflected on her work as the curator of many of the Latin American-themed Smithsonian Folklife Festival presentations.
- Contributor: Cadaval, Olivia
- Date: 2015-09-22
Film, VideoI Juana Live in America: An Immigrant's Creative Journey Award-winning illustrator Juana Medina discussed her work and her artistic journey as a Colombian artist living in the United States.
- Contributor: Medina, Juana
- Date: 2016-09-21