Film, Video Artificial Intelligence in the Search for Life in the Universe
About this Item
- Artificial Intelligence in the Search for Life in the Universe
- A discussion of artificial intelligence in the search for life in the universe with featured speakers Susan Schneider, Caleb Scharf and Sara Imari Walker.
- December 03, 2020
- - Sara Imari Walker is deputy director of the Beyond Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science at Arizona State University and associate professor at the ASU School of Earth and Space Exploration.
- - Caleb Scharf is director of astrobiology at Columbia University, as well as a research scientist studying exoplanets, exomoons and the nature of environments suitable for life.
- - Susan Schneider leads the Florida Atlantic University Initiative on the Future Mind and serves as William F. Dietrich Professor of Philosophy at FAU. She is currently the Baruch S. Blumberg NASA/Library of Congress Chair in Astrobiology, Exploration and Scientific Innovation at the Library's John W. Kluge Center.
- Please fill out a brief survey to tell us what you thought of this event: https://www.research.net/r/KlugeFutureMinds External
- 35 minutes 16 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Artificial Intelligence in the Search for Life in the Universe. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9599/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Artificial Intelligence in the Search for Life in the Universe. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9599/.
MLA citation style:
Artificial Intelligence in the Search for Life in the Universe. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9599/>.