Film, Video Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, Pianos
About this Item
- Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, Pianos
- Relive a treasured 19th-century concert experience when this award-winning duo performs Liszt's storied transcription of Beethoven's Symphony no. 9 in D Minor, op. 125 for two pianos. About the Liszt transcriptions, musicologist Donald Tovey declared "they prove conclusively that Liszt was by far the most wonderful interpreter of orchestral scores on the pianoforte the world is ever likely to see." Also included is a performance of Liszt's two-piano transcription of his own symphonic poem, "Les Préludes."
- Event Date
- December 12, 2020
- Running Time
- 1 hours 16 minutes 52 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, Pianos. 2020. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9626/.
APA citation style:
(2020) Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, Pianos. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9626/.
MLA citation style:
Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, Pianos. 2020. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9626/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoConversation with Ran Dank & Soyeon Kate Lee Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee speak with the Library's Kazem Abdullah about their collaboration, the art of four-hand piano playing and their program juxtaposing two Liszt transcriptions.
- Contributor: Dank, Ran - Lee, Soyeon Kate - Abdullah, Kazem
- Date: 2020-12-11
Film, Video"The President's Own" United States Marine Band, Concert "The President's Own" United States Marine Band performs Beethoven's symphonies in unique and rarely-heard arrangements for chamber ensemble. Never has Beethoven's monumental "Eroica" sounded so intimate and colorful as in this performance...
- Contributor: United States Marine Band
- Date: 2020-12-04
Film, VideoBorromeo String Quartet with Nicholas Cords, Viola Explore musical relationships in Beethoven's late works with the preeminent Borromeo String Quartet, featuring Beethoven's op. 130 string quartet and its original ending, the legendary Grosse Fuge, labelled by Stravinsky as "an...
- Contributor: Kitchen, Nicholas - Cords, Nicholas - Kim, Yeesun - Tong, Kristopher - Motobuchi, Mai
- Date: 2020-12-05
Film, VideoZOFO Concert Zofo's name is shorthand for "20-Finger Orchestra" and they truly make use of the piano to emulate a brilliantly full orchestral sound. One of only a handful of duos worldwide devoted exclusively...
- Contributor: Nakagoshi, Keisuke - Zimmerman, Eva-Maria
- Date: 2020-12-10
Film, VideoBeethoven's Hammerklavier Sonata: Two Visions Pianist Adam Golka and the Verona Quartet present an intensive focus on Beethoven's "Hammerklavier" sonata: two visions of the work in back-to-back performances, with David Plylar's transcription for string quartet followed by...
- Contributor: Ong, Jonathan - Rojansky, Abigail - Ro, Dorothy - Jacobs-Perkins, Annie - Golka, Adam
- Date: 2020-12-11