Film, Video Diane von Furstenberg: National Book Festival 2021
About this Item
- Diane von Furstenberg: National Book Festival 2021
- Diane von Furstenberg, fashion designer and author of the book "Own It: The Secret to Life" (Phaidon), reflects on her experiences, discussing what it means to live authentically and how she has used fashion as a source of empowerment for herself and other women, with Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden. Bonus content: Copyright Office attorney Jaylen Johnson explores Diane von Furstenberg's creative contributions and the power of "owning it" through copyright ownership and the power of making a public claim to one's copyright protected works.
- Event Date
- September 17, 2021
- Running Time
- 41 minutes 59 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Diane von Furstenberg: National Book Festival. 2021. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9954/.
APA citation style:
(2021) Diane von Furstenberg: National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9954/.
MLA citation style:
Diane von Furstenberg: National Book Festival. 2021. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9954/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAdam Grant and Mishal Husain: National Book Festival 2021 Adam Grant, author of "Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know" (Viking), and Mishal Husain, author of "The Skills: From First Job to Dream Job - What Every Woman...
- Contributor: Grant, Adam - Husain, Mishal - Burton, Levar - Terrell, Ellen
- Date: 2021-09-17
Film, VideoLeVar Burton: National Book Festival 2021 Librarian of Congress Carla Hayden talks with actor and children's literacy advocate LeVar Burton, host of the television special "Open a Book, Open the World: The Library of Congress National Book Festival"...
- Contributor: Hayden, Carla D. - Parton, Dolly - Burton, Levar - Rubenstein, David
- Date: 2021-09-17
Film, VideoRodney Scott and Trisha Yearwood: National Book Festival 2021 Rodney Scott, author of "Rodney Scott's World of BBQ: Every Day Is a Good Day" (Clarkson Potter), and Trisha Yearwood, author of "Trisha's Kitchen: Easy Comfort Food for Friends and Family" (Mariner),...
- Contributor: Yearwood, Trisha - Scott, Rodney
- Date: 2021-09-23
Film, VideoHawa Hassan and Marcus Samuelsson: National Book Festival 2021 Hawa Hassan, author of "In Bibi's Kitchen: The Recipes and Stories of Grandmothers from the Eight African Countries that Touch the Indian Ocean" (Ten Speed), and Marcus Samuelsson, author of "The Rise:...
- Contributor: Samuelsson, Marcus - Hassan, Hawa
- Date: 2021-09-23
Film, VideoJennifer Ackerman and David Allen Sibley: National Book Festival 2021 Jennifer Ackerman, author of "The Bird Way: A New Look at How Birds Talk, Work, Play, Parent and Think" (Penguin), and David Allen Sibley, author of "What It's Like to Be a...
- Contributor: Ackerman, Jennifer - Sibley, David Allen
- Date: 2021-09-19