Photo, Print, Drawing Zimnii vziat
Full online access to this resource is only available at the Library of Congress.
About this Item
- Zimnii vziat
- Serov, Vladimir Aleksandrovich, 1910-1968, artist
Created / Published
- - Castles & palaces.
- - Interiors.
- - Soldiers--Russian.
- - Soviet Union--History--Revolution, 1917-1921.
- - Russia (Federation)--Saint Petersburg.
- - Soviet Union
- - Russia (Federation)--Saint Petersburg
- Art reproductions.
- - Title summary: The Winter Palace is taken.
- - Published: Moskva : Izd-vo "Pravda;" 50th anniversary of Russian Revolution.
- - Original: Painting in State Tretyakov Gallery.
- - Gift; Gary Yanker; 1975-1983.
- - This catalog record contains preliminary or unverified data from a project done in BRS software, ca. 1985.
- - hz / 861020.
- 1 print (poster)
Call Number/Physical Location
- POS 6 - U.S.S.R., no. 64 (C size)
- Yanker poster collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- yan 1a37634 //hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/yan.1a37634
- Publication may be restricted. For information see "Yanker poster collection" (http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/print/res/250_yank.html).
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: Yanker Poster Collection - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: Publication may be restricted. For information see "Yanker poster collection" (http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/print/res/250_yank.html).
- Reproduction Number: ---
- Call Number: POS 6 - U.S.S.R., no. 64 (C size) <P&P> [P&P]
- Access Advisory: ---
If an image is displaying, you can download it yourself. (Some images display only as thumbnails outside the Library of Congress because of rights considerations, but you have access to larger size images on site.)
Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
- If a digital image is displaying: The qualities of the digital image partially depend on whether it was made from the original or an intermediate such as a copy negative or transparency. If the Reproduction Number field above includes a reproduction number that starts with LC-DIG..., then there is a digital image that was made directly from the original and is of sufficient resolution for most publication purposes.
If there is information listed in the Reproduction Number field above:
You can use the reproduction number to purchase a copy from Duplication Services. It will be
made from the source listed in the parentheses after the number.
If only black-and-white ("b&w") sources are listed and you desire a copy showing color or tint (assuming the original has any), you can generally purchase a quality copy of the original in color by citing the Call Number listed above and including the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
- If there is no information listed in the Reproduction Number field above: You can generally purchase a quality copy through Duplication Services. Cite the Call Number listed above and include the catalog record ("About This Item") with your request.
Price lists, contact information, and order forms are available on the Duplication Services Web site.
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Serov, Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Artist. Zimnii Vziat. Russian Federation Saint Petersburg Soviet Union, 1967. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/yan1996001842/PP/.
APA citation style:
Serov, V. A. (1967) Zimnii Vziat. Russian Federation Saint Petersburg Soviet Union, 1967. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/yan1996001842/PP/.
MLA citation style:
Serov, Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Artist. Zimnii Vziat. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/yan1996001842/PP/>.