CollectionModern Music archives, 1909-1983 The League of Composers was founded in New York in 1923 to promote American composers and introduce audiences to the best in new music through high quality performances. Its quarterly journal, Modern Music, was published from 1924 to 1946, and edited by Minna Lederman Daniel. It is one of the most distinguished collections of criticism and scholarship concerning early twentieth-century musical arts. The archives ...
- Contributor: League of Composers (U.S.) - Lederman, Minna - Berg, Alban - Brecht, Bertolt - Breton, André - Caruso, Enrico - Copland, Aaron - Cowell, Henry - Cowell, Sidney Robertson - Denby, Edwin ... League of Composers (U.S.) - Lederman, Minna - Berg, Alban - Brecht, Bertolt - Breton, André - Caruso, Enrico - Copland, Aaron - Cowell, Henry - Cowell, Sidney Robertson - Denby, Edwin - Heinsich, Richard - Kirstein, Lincoln - Picasso, Pablo - Piston, Walter - Rosenfeld, Paul - Shapero, Harold - Smirnoff, Boris - Thomson, Virgil
- Date: 1909
CollectionMartha Graham collection, 1896-2003 Martha Graham was an American modern dancer, choreographer, teacher and company director. The Martha Graham Collection is comprised of materials that document her career and trace the history of the development of her company, Martha Graham Dance Company, which became the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, and school, Martha Graham School, later to be called the Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance.
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold
- Date: 1896
CollectionAaron Copland collection The Aaron Copland collection consists of published and unpublished music by Copland and other composers, correspondence, writings, biographical material, datebooks, journals, professional papers including legal and financial material, photographs, awards, art work, and books. Of particular interest is the correspondence with Nadia Boulanger, which extent over 50 years, and with his long-time friend, Harold Clurman. Other significant correspondents are Leonard Bernstein, Paul Bowles, Benjamin ...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Copland, Aaron - Kraft, Victor
- Date: 2005
CollectionMinna Lederman Daniel collection, 1896-1993 Minna Lederman Daniel was an American writer and editor who specialized in music and dance. A major influence on 20th century music, she was a founding member of the League of Composers, a group of musicians and proponents of modern music. She helped launch the League’s magazine, The League of Composers’ Review (later called Modern Music), which was the first American journal to manifest ...
- Contributor: Lederman, Minna - Cage, John - Copland, Aaron - Oja, Carol J. - Thomson, Virgil
- Date: 1896
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialAppalachian spring (Piano rehearsal copy no. 2) manuscript score | 62 p., 11 1/2 x 15 1/4 in. | This is an ozalid copy of a manuscript score. The manuscript from which the copy was made is in Copland's hand. Reproduced with the permission of the Aaron Copland Fund for Music, Inc (Copyright Notice). Reproduced with permission of Martha Graham Resources, a division of The Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, ...
- Contributor: Copland, Aaron
View 62 Results