CollectionMartha Graham collection, The Martha Graham Collection is comprised of materials that document Graham's career and trace the history of the development of her company, Martha Graham Dance Company, which became the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance, and school, Martha Graham School, later to be called the Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance. The materials include holograph scores, orchestral parts, and piano rehearsal scores by composers...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
CollectionMinna Lederman Daniel collection, 1896-1993 Minna Lederman Daniel was an American writer and editor who specialized in music and dance. A major influence on 20th century music, she was a founding member of the League of Composers, a group of musicians and proponents of modern music. She helped launch the League’s magazine, The League of Composers’ Review (later called Modern Music), which was the first American journal to manifest...
- Contributor: Lederman, Minna - Cage, John - Copland, Aaron - Oja, Carol J. - Thomson, Virgil
- Date: 1896
CollectionVernon Duke collection, The collection includes his stage, vocal, and instrumental music, sketchbooks, lyric sheets, and music not by Duke, including the holograph of Signature for the High-low concerts by Aaron Copland. There is a significant amount of correspondence to and from prominent individuals and organizations, including George Balanchine, Martin Charnin, Peter De Vries, Howard Dietz, Dean Dixon, Neshui Ertegun, Ira Gershwin, Bernard Herrmann, George Ivask, Serge,...
- Contributor: Duke, Vernon - Copland, Aaron - American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers - American Guild of Authors and Composers - Chappell and Co. - Broude Brothers Limited - Carl Fischer Inc - Frank Music Corp - Little, Brown and Company - Ricordi (Firm) - Weissberger & Frosch
- Date: 1918
CollectionModern Music archives, 1909-1983 The League of Composers was founded in New York in 1923 to promote American composers and introduce audiences to the best in new music through high quality performances. Its quarterly journal, Modern Music, was published from 1924 to 1946, and edited by Minna Lederman Daniel. It is one of the most distinguished collections of criticism and scholarship concerning early twentieth-century musical arts. The archives...
- Contributor: League of Composers (U.S.) - Lederman, Minna - Berg, Alban - Brecht, Bertolt - Breton, André - Caruso, Enrico - Copland, Aaron - Cowell, Henry - Cowell, Sidney Robertson - Denby, Edwin ... League of Composers (U.S.) - Lederman, Minna - Berg, Alban - Brecht, Bertolt - Breton, André - Caruso, Enrico - Copland, Aaron - Cowell, Henry - Cowell, Sidney Robertson - Denby, Edwin - Heinsich, Richard - Kirstein, Lincoln - Picasso, Pablo - Piston, Walter - Rosenfeld, Paul - Shapero, Harold - Smirnoff, Boris - Thomson, Virgil
- Date: 1909
CollectionOliver Daniel papers, The collection includes correspondence, manuscript and printed scores, photographs, Daniel's writings and research materials, programs, promotional materials, clippings, scrapbooks, and periodicals. The Correspondence series contains letters from important composers, conductors and other musical figures of the day, including Leopold Stokowski, Henry Cowell, Dimitri Mitropoulos, Sidney Robertson Cowell, Lou Harrison, Aaron Copland, and Ernst Krenek. There is a significant amount of materials relating to the...
- Contributor: Daniel, Oliver - Copland, Aaron - Cowell, Henry - Harrison, Lou - Kay, Ulysses - Riegger, Wallingford - Serebrier, José
- Date: 1759