Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John E. Graves
- Contributor: Jackson, Richard L. - Graves, John E.
- Date: 1999-01-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philoine H. Fried
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Fried, Philoine H.
- Date: 1993-01-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to John A. Lomax; Port Aransas, TX
- Contributor: Waters, Edward N. (Edward Neighbor)
- Date: 1939-02-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marilyn Meyers
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Meyers, Marilyn
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James T. Pettus Jr.
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Pettus, James T., Jr.
- Date: 1990-05-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Haven North
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - North, William Haven
- Date: 1993-02-18
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Leonard L. Bacon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bacon, Leonard L.
- Date: 1990-03-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Paul Good
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Good, Paul
- Date: 2000-08-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert C. Haney
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Haney, Robert C.
- Date: 2001-09-21
CollectionCultural Heritage Archives Symposium Session 4
Cultural heritage archives symposium, 2013-09-26 to 2013-09-27 | American Folklife Center symposium, 2013-09-26 to 2013-09-27 The Cultural Heritage Archives symposium aimed to energize the discussion of ethnographic archival thought and practice by presenting fresh and dynamic strategies for contemporary archival realities. This segment includes a keynote address by Sita Reddy (Smithsonian Institution) and a panel session on forging archival collaborations and alliances. Speakers included Catherine H. Kerst, Timothy Lloyd, Peter B. Kaufman, Timothy B. Powell, Anna Fariello, Karen Jefferson,...
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'Neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (Kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Margaret D. Tutwiler
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tutwiler, Margaret D.
- Date: 1999-05-04
CollectionSpyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor
American Folklife Center concert, 2014-05-07 | Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor | Karpouzi Trio : music from Greece and Asia Minor | Homegrown 2014, the music of America The Karpouzi Trio plays music on traditional instruments from the Greek mainland and islands. The band loves to play for dance parties and community celebrations, and always, even in concerts, invites the audience out of their seats and onto the dance floor. Karpouzi members are Spyros Koliavasilis (vocals, oud, and the Cappadocian lyra or kemane), Margaret Loomis (santouri), and Len Newman (laouto).
- Contributor: Various
- Date: 2014-05-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Howell S. Teeple
- Contributor: Sherman, Earl W. - Teeple, Howell S.
- Date: 1999-01-27
CollectionI Feel So Good: The Life & Times of Big Bill Broonzy
Benjamin Botkin folklife lecture | American Folklife Center lecture, 2012-11-16 A major figure in American blues and folk music, Big Bill Broonzy (1903-1958) left his Arkansas Delta home after World War I, headed north, and became the leading Chicago bluesman of the 1930s. His success came as he fused traditional rural blues with the electrified sound that was beginning to emerge in Chicago. This, however, was just one step in his remarkable journey: Big...
- Contributor: Riesman, Bob - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2012-11-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Joan M. Plaisted
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Plaisted, Joan M.
- Date: 2001-07-30
CollectionJayme Stone's Folklife
American Folklife Center concert, 2017-05-04 | Jayme Stone's Folklife | Homegrown 2017, the music of America A concert featuring Jayme Stone. In 2015, "Jayme Stone's Lomax Project" was released, focusing on songs collected by folklorist and field recording pioneer Alan Lomax, whose collections reside at the American Folklife Center. Stone brought together distinctive and creative roots musicians to revive, recycle and reimagine traditional music. The repertoire includes Bahamian sea shanties, Sea Island spirituals, Appalachian ballads, fiddle tunes and work songs...
- Contributor: Stone, Jayme - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Music Division - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2017-05-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Howard G. DeLong
- Contributor: Groce, Claude Cliff - Delong, Howard G.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialEvolution of US-China Policy, 1956-1973: Memoirs of an Insider
- Contributor: Green, Marshall
- Date: 1998-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alex Frenkley
- Contributor: Groce, Claude Cliff - Frenkley, Alex
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Maynard Wayne Glitman
- Contributor: Pacy, James S. - Glitman, Maynard W.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edward H. Wilkinson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wilkinson, Edward H.
- Date: 2002-04-05
CollectionThe Sherman Holmes Project with Brooks Long & Phil Wiggins
American Folklife Center concert, 2015-04-15 | Homegrown 2015, the music of America In this concert, Sherman Holmes and Brooks Long are joined by the great blues harmonica player Phil Wiggins.
- Contributor: Wiggins, Phil - Holmes, Sherman - Long, Brooks - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Music Division - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2015-04-15
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert H.B. Wade
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wade, Robert H.
- Date: 1990-01-24
CollectionFrancis McPeake Family Concert, May 16, 2007
American Folklife Center concert, 2007-05-16 | Francis McPeake family concert | Musicians from the Francis McPeake School of Music, Belfast, Northern Ireland | Rediscover Northern Ireland Programme From March through May 2007, scholars and artists gathered at the Library of Congress and other venues in and around Washington, DC, to present and promote Northern Irish arts and culture through the Rediscover Northern Ireland Programme. The May events at the Library of Congress included an exciting and thought-provoking series of concerts and lectures and a special symposium. Together, they highlighted and focused...
- Contributor: Francis McPeake Family - McPeake, Francis - O'Kane, Sean - Forde, Mairead - McPeake Family (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Arts Council of Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland. Department of Culture, Arts & Leisure
- Date: 2007-05-16