Format Manuscripts/Mixed Material
Results: 1-25 of 501 | Refined by: Original Format: Manuscripts/Mixed Material Remove Location: Africa Remove
CollectionC. Chaillé-Long papers, 1809-1918 Soldier, explorer, and diplomat. Personal and official correspondence, articles, speeches, news clippings, scrapbook, awards, commissions, maps, and photographs concerning Chaillé-Long's career as an explorer and public servant.
- Contributor: Chaillé-Long, C. (Charles) - Chaillé-Long, C.
- Date: 1809
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Annette "Ann" Wright
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wright, Mary Annette "ann"
- Date: 1998-01-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Timothy Michael Carney
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Carney, Timothy Michael
- Date: 2002-06-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Hosley G. Handyside
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Handyside, Hosley G.
- Date: 1993-04-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William A. Pierce
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Pierce, William A.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Eleanore Cobb Lee
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Squire, Patricia Cody - Lee, Eleanore Cobb
- Date: 1990-05-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Noel Marsh
- Contributor: Marsh, Yin - Marsh, Noel
- Date: 1999-07-01
CollectionW. Averell Harriman papers, 1869-1988 Diplomat, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and politician. Correspondence, memoranda, family papers, business records, diplomatic accounts, speeches, statements and writings, photographs, and other papers documenting Harriman's career in business, finance, politics, and public service, particularly during the Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, and Carter presidential administrations.
- Contributor: Harriman, W. Averell (William Averell) - Harriman, W. Averell
- Date: 1869
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David E. Reuther
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Reuther, David E.
- Date: 1996-08-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William P. Pope
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Pope, William P.
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arva C. Floyd
- Contributor: Floyd, Arva C. - Kennedy, Charles Stuart
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with G. Harvey Summ
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Summ, G. Harvey
- Date: 1993-03-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Fred L. Hadsel
- Contributor: Mulcahy, Edward W. - Hadsel, Fred L.
- Date: 1989-10-17
CollectionWilliam A.H. Allen papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Journals describing Allen's activities while serving on the USS Cayuga (Screw steamer) assigned to blockade duty on the Gulf Coast during the Civil War. Later entries concern his service on ships in the Indian, Mediterranean, and Pacific Oceans; at stations in Europe and the United States; and aboard the the USS Lancaster (Sloop of war) on an around-the-world tour, 1881-1884. Includes descriptions of China, ...
- Contributor: Allen, William A. H.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Frederick E. Gilbert
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Gilbert, Frederick E.
- Date: 1997-09-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John T. Haralson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Haralson, John T.
- Date: 2005-12-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George G. B. Griffin
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Griffin, George G.
- Date: 2002-04-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Shirley Elizabeth Barnes
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Barnes, Shirley Elizabeth
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alan Hardy
- Contributor: Hoffacker, Lewis - Hardy, Alan
- Date: 2001-01-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Everett L. Headrick
- Contributor: Butterfield, Samuel H. - Headrick, Everett L.
- Date: 1996-09-23
CollectionHarmon Foundation, inc., records, 1913-1967 Correspondence, biographical notes, catalogs, scrapbooks, and other material relating to the organization and its founder, William Elmer Harmon. Included are records of the foundation's award programs, biographical notes on African and African-American artists, and correspondence with African art centers.
- Contributor: Harmon Foundation, Inc
- Date: 1913
CollectionCarter Godwin Woodson papers, 1736-1974 Historian, author, and collector. Papers of prominent African Americans, research files, business records, writings, correspondence, and other material relating to Woodson's leadership of the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History and to scholarship and publishing in the field of African and African-American history.
- Contributor: Woodson, Carter Godwin
- Date: 1736
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marilyn Meyers
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Meyers, Marilyn
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionWilliam Thornton papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, writings, notebooks, and other papers pertaining to Thornton's interest in the development of the steamboat, his dispute with Benjamin Henry Latrobe over designs for the U.S. Capitol, Thornton's efforts to free African American slaves through colonization and emigration, and his appointments as a commissioner of Washington, D.C., and as superintendent of patents for the U.S. State Dept. Subjects include the revolt of ...
- Contributor: Thornton, William - Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Charles H. Twining
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Twining, Charles H.
- Date: 2004-05-26