CollectionLaurence A. Steinhardt papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, letterbooks, articles, speeches, financial papers, business records, legal papers, and other papers relating to Steinhardt's career as U.S. ambassador to Canada, Czechoslovakia, Peru , the Soviet Union, Sweden, and Turkey. Correspondents include George V. Allen, Anthony Joseph Drexel Biddle, Joseph Edward Davies, James A. Farley, Loy W. Henderson, Cordell Hull, C. D. Jackson, Alfred A. Knopf, Ruth Bryan Owen, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Edward ...
- Contributor: Steinhardt, Laurence A. (Laurence Adolph)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John R. Ratigan
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Ratigan, John R.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Nicholas Platt
- Contributor: McCusker, Paul D. - Platt, Nicholas
- Date: 1994-07-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philip C. Habib
- Contributor: Mulcahy, Edward W. - Habib, Philip Charles
- Date: 1984-05-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dale V. Slaght
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Slaght, Dale Vernon
- Date: 2005-07-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alan Hardy
- Contributor: Hoffacker, Lewis - Hardy, Alan
- Date: 2001-01-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Michael M. Mahoney
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Mahoney, Michael M.
- Date: 1995-10-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Thomas M.T. Niles
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Niles, Thomas M.T.
- Date: 1998-06-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen J. Ledogar
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Ledogar, Stephen J.
- Date: 2000-03-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Louise Armstrong
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Armstrong, Louise
- Date: 2000-01-13
CollectionNathaniel Prentiss Banks papers, 1829-1911 United States representative, governor of Massachusetts, and army officer. Family and general correspondence, diaries and notebooks, letterbooks, military papers, speeches and writings, scrapbooks, clippings, printed matter, and miscellany relating chiefly to Banks’s political career and as an army officer during the Civil War.
- Contributor: Banks, Nathaniel Prentiss
- Date: 1829
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dorothy Robinson Kidder
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Kidder, Dorothy Robinson
- Date: 1998-06-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert J. Kott
- Contributor: Ewing, John J. - Kott, Robert J.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionJoseph Hodges Choate papers, 1745-1929 Lawyer, author, and diplomat. Correspondence, letterbooks, addresses, lectures, legal memoranda, memorabilia, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers relating primarily to Choate's student days at Harvard University, his law practice in New York, his charitable work, and his diplomatic career.
- Contributor: Choate, Joseph Hodges
- Date: 1745
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Vladimir I. Toumanoff
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Toumanoff, Vladimir I.
- Date: 1999-06-18
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William D. Morgan
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Sadlow, Lester Elliot - Morgan, William D.
- Date: 1988-06-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Sidney Friedland
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Friedland, Sidney
- Date: 1993-04-01
CollectionStephen Bleecker Luce papers, 1799-1955 Naval officer. Correspondence, journals, order books, subject files, scrapbooks, notebooks, newspaper clippings, and miscellany documenting Luce's naval career, including his work to establish the United States Naval War College and the Naval Historical Society, his service with the South Atlantic Blockading Squadron, and his diplomatic role in the arbitration of the Canadian fisheries dispute (1887).
- Contributor: Luce, Stephen Bleecker
- Date: 1799
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Randolph A. Kidder
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kidder, Randolph A.
- Date: 1989-12-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William L. Blue
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Blue, William L.
- Date: 1991-04-11
CollectionEdison Electric Light Company records, 1879-1894 Copies of patents granted by the government of Canada to Thomas A. Edison and employees of his firm and codes for insurance underwriters in the United States to create national standards for electrical constuction and operation.
- Contributor: Edison Electric Light Company
- Date: 1879
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard L. Stockman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Stockman, Richard L.
- Date: 1993-10-12
CollectionGreen Haywood Hackworth papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, print and near-print publications, articles, and addresses. Chiefly printed matter relating to Hackworth's career as a legal advisor with the U.S. Dept. of State and as a judge with the International Court of Justice. Subjects include international law; U.S. treaty developments; treaty agreements between Canada and the United States; and the Yalta voting formula, the provisions for voting by members of the UN ...
- Contributor: Hackworth, Green Haywood
CollectionSidney Robertson Cowell collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The collection consists of Sidney Robertson Cowell's personal papers that document her life and work. It includes correspondence with family, friends and colleagues, inlcuding husband Henry Cowell, Ansel Adams, Ernst Bacon, Suzanne Bloch, Bertrand Bronson, Frank Brown, John Cage, Adrian Dornbush, Sam Eskin, Warde Ford, Grete Franke, Alfred Frankenstein, Lou Harrison, H. Wiley Hitchcock, Maud Karpeles, John Kirkpatrick, William Lichtenwanger, John Lomax, Dorothy Maynor, ...
- Contributor: Cowell, Sidney Robertson - Cowell, Henry - United States. Resettlement Administration - United States. Farm Security Administration - W.P.A. California Folk Music Project Collection, (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1901
CollectionRobert Helyer Thayer papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, legal briefs and case files, reports, financial records, scrapbook, printed matter, maps, photographs and other papers documenting Thayer's service as assistant secretary for cultural and educational affairs at the U.S. State Dept., assistant ambassador to France and minister to Romania, district attorney for New York County, and in the U.S. Naval Reserve providing combat intelligence during World War II. Also documents his ...
- Contributor: Thayer, Robert Helyer