Format Manuscripts/Mixed Material
Results: 101-200 of 1,095 | Refined by: Original Format: Manuscripts/Mixed Material Remove Location: Europe Remove
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lucius D. Battle
- Contributor: Mak, Dayton S. - Mulhollan, Paige E. - Battle, Lucius D.
- Date: 1991-07-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Clarence Swift Gulick
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Gulick, Clarence Swift
- Date: 1996-02-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William H. "Bill" Littlewood
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Littlewood, William H.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionDwight D. Eisenhower papers, Copy of Eisenhower's appointment as general of the army (1944), copy of proclamations of military rule in Austria and Germany made by Eisenhower as supreme commander of Allied Forces (1945), annotated typescript of "Summary of Operations in Northwest Europe" (1946), letter to William E. Brooks concerning Brooks's book on Ulysses S. Grant, copy of inaugural address and prayer (1953), draft copy of speech on ...
- Contributor: Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charles A. Mast
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Mast, Charles A.
- Date: 2001-02-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard L. Jackson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Jackson, Richard L.
- Date: 1998-08-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William C. Trimble
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Trimble, William C.
- Date: 1990-02-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Faith Ryan Whittlesey
- Contributor: Morin, Ann Miller - Whittlesey, Faith Ryan
- Date: 1988-12-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Sol Polansky
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Polansky, Sol
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Alphonse La Porta
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Laporta, Alphonse F.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James C. Warren Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Warren, James C.
- Date: 2007-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Max M. Kampelman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kampelman, Max M.
- Date: 2003-06-24
CollectionJohn Callan O'Laughlin papers, 1895-1949 Politician, statesman, newspaperman, and publisher. Correspondence, memoranda, diaries, journals, writings, reports, printed material, scrapbooks, and records of the Army and Navy Journal documenting O'Laughlin's career as a newspaperman and advocate of Republican Party and conservative causes.
- Contributor: O'laughlin, John Callan
- Date: 1895
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David E. L'Heureux
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - L'heureux, David Eugene
- Date: 1992-04-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Howard Taft III
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Taft, William H. (William Howard), Oct. 24
- Date: 1987-04-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen J. Ledogar
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Ledogar, Stephen J.
- Date: 2000-03-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alfred Leroy Atherton Jr.
- Contributor: Mak, Dayton S. - Atherton, Alfred Leroy, Jr.
- Date: 1990-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard Sackett Thompson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Thompson, Richard Sackett
- Date: 1994-02-25
CollectionArchibald MacLeish papers, 1907-1981 Poet, playwright, government official, and Librarian of Congress. Papers include correspondence reflecting MacLeish's relations with friends, literary colleagues, and government associates; notebooks (1919-1940s) containing drafts of poetry and prose; manuscript drafts of plays, speeches and radio broadcasts, and speeches written for Franklin D. Roosevelt, Edward R. Stettinius, and Harry S. Truman; and notes and manuscripts for classroom lectures on modern poetry given by MacLeish ...
- Contributor: Macleish, Archibald
- Date: 1907
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James E. Goodby
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Goodby, James E.
- Date: 1990-12-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Thomas J. Miller
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Miller, Thomas J. (Thomas Joel)
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wilson, Joseph C.
- Date: 2001-01-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Herman J. Rossi III
- Contributor: Rossi, Herman J., III - Perer Eicher
- Date: 2011-00-00
CollectionHubbard family papers, 1639-1925 Chiefly correspondence supplemented by diaries, notes, drawings, poems, speeches and writings, and printed material of various members of the Hubbard family and their relatives, primarily Gardiner G. Hubbard, his wife, Gertrude Mercer McCurdy Hubbard , father, Samuel Hubbard, and father-in-law, Robert Henry McCurdy. Includes material relating to Gardiner Hubbard's interest in the education of the deaf, the Caledonia Mines, ranching in Washington state, and ...
- Date: 1639
CollectionLynde Dupuy McCormick papers, 1909-1959 Naval officer. Correspondence, reports, notes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, and miscellaneous printed matter relating primarily to McCormick's duty as Supreme Allied Commander Atlantic, 1952-1954. Includes trip reports and subject files relating to the countries of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Contributor: McCormick, Lynde Dupuy
- Date: 1909
CollectionJohn Philip Hill scrapbooks, Scrapbooks chiefly of newspaper clippings and other papers compiled or kept by Hill documenting his career as a U.S. attorney for the district of Maryland; U.S. congressman from Maryland, 1921-1927; U.S. Army officer during World War I; and lawyer in private practice in New York, N.Y., from the late 1920s until 1938. Subjects include World War I; prohibition; political developments and legal issues in ...
- Contributor: Hill, John Philip
CollectionLyman Bryson papers, Correspondence, diaries, memoranda, articles, lectures, writings, transcripts of broadcasts, subject files, business and financial records, biographical material, appointment books, newspaper clippings, and other papers documenting Bryson's public relations work for the American National Red Cross and the League of Red Cross Societies following World War I and directorship of American Junior Red Cross programs; subsequent work in adult education through his association with Columbia ...
- Contributor: Bryson, Lyman
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Gregory L. Mattson
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Mattson, Gregory Louis
- Date: 2000-10-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert E. Service
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Service, Robert E.
- Date: 1998-02-24
CollectionWilliam W. Coblentz papers, 1883-1960 Author and physicist. Correspondence, diary, writings, bibliography, notes, notebooks, biographical material, awards, photographs, newspaper clippings, printed matter, and other material relating chiefly to Coblentz's work in the fields of infrared spectroscopy and to the application of radiometry to astronomical problems.
- Contributor: Coblentz, William W. (William Weber) - Coblentz, William W.
- Date: 1883
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John A. McKesson III
- Contributor: Day, Arthur R. - McKesson, John A., III
- Date: 1990-05-07
CollectionIra Eaker papers, Part I of the collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, diaries, notes of appointments, minutes of meetings, speeches, articles, book drafts, notes, reports, accounts, press releases, scrapbooks, printed material, maps, drawings, and other papers chiefly documenting Eaker's military career in the aeronautical section of the U.S. Army (under several names: U.S. Army Air Service, 1918-1926, U.S. Army Air Corps, 1926-1942, and U.S. Army Air Forces, ...
- Contributor: Eaker, Ira
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George Feldman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Feldman, George J. (George Joseph)
- Date: 1988-02-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Kempton B. Jenkins
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Jenkins, Kempton
- Date: 1995-02-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ronald D. Flack
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Flack, Ronald D.
- Date: 1998-01-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador David J. Dunford
- Contributor: Raspolic, Elizabeth - Dunford, David J.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionW.A. Croffut papers, 1774-1933 Author, editor, and poet. Correspondence, writings, minutes, scrapbooks, printed matter, and miscellaneous items pertaining chiefly to Croffut's publications, activities with the Anti-Imperialist League, and the presidential campaign of 1900. Includes material relating to Ethan Allen Hitchcock, copies of correspondence with Sophia Amelia Peabody Hawthorne, wife of Nathaniel Hawthorne, journals of Henry Alfred Robbins, letters of John Quincy Adams and Jefferson Davis, and autograph material.
- Contributor: Croffut, W. A. (William Augustus) - Croffut, W. A.
- Date: 1774
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Kidd
- Contributor: Squire, Tina - Kidd, Mary
- Date: 1989-10-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Gerald Michael Bache
- Contributor: Tull, Theresa - Bache, Gerald Michael
- Date: 2004-10-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John D. Caswell
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Caswell, John D.
- Date: 2000-08-04
CollectionRoger Welles papers, 1884-1926 Naval officer. Correspondence, journals, orders to duty, article and speech file, diary of Welles's wife, newspaper clippings, printed matter, and miscellaneous materials relating to Welles's duties as special representative for the World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, as director of naval intelligence, and as commander of the Asiatic and Atlantic Fleets and of the U.S. Naval Forces in Europe.
- Contributor: Welles, Roger
- Date: 1884
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Aurelius "Aury" Fernandez
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fernandez, Aurelius
- Date: 1997-08-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Herbert Salzman
- Contributor: Evans, Gordon W. - Salzman, Herbert
- Date: 1989-06-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marvin Breckinridge Patterson
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Patterson, Marvin Breckinridge
- Date: 1988-02-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph A.B. Winder
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Winder, Joseph A.
- Date: 1999-08-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph P. O'Neill
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - O'neill, Joseph P.
- Date: 1998-05-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Denis Lamb
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Lamb, Denis
- Date: 2005-09-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert Bauer
- Contributor: Groce, Claude - Bauer, Robert
- Date: 1989-10-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lindsey Grant
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Grant, Lindsey
- Date: 1990-01-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Parker D. Wyman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Wyman, Parker D.
- Date: 1989-03-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Parker T. Hart
- Contributor: Crawford, William Roy - Hart, Parker T.
- Date: 1989-01-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Sidney Friedland
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Friedland, Sidney
- Date: 1993-04-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Bruce W. Clark
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Clark, Bruce W.
- Date: 2002-06-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James H. Morton
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Morton, James H.
- Date: 1993-10-18
CollectionF.W. Lander and J.M. Lander papers, Correspondence, writings, military dispatches and telegrams, notes, reports, scrapbooks, printed matter, maps, and other papers relating chiefly to Lander's activities surveying and exploring overland routes through the West and to his Civil War service in Virginia and Maryland under George Brinton McClellan and Chas. P. Stone. Documents his work as chief engineer and superintendent of the Fort Kearney, South Pass, and Honey Lake Wagon ...
- Contributor: Lander, F. W. (Frederick West) - Lander, J. M. (Jean Margaret)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William E. Schaufele Jr.
- Contributor: Mullin, Lillian P. - Schaufele, William E., Jr.
- Date: 1994-11-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alfred Joseph White
- Contributor: Harter, John J. - White, Alfred Joseph
- Date: 1997-09-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John Berg
- Contributor: Jackson, Richard L. - Berg, John
- Date: 1998-12-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George Allen Morgan
- Contributor: Lowrie, Arthur L. - Morgan, George Allen
- Date: 1989-12-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arthur Joseph Olsen
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Olsen, Arthur Joseph
- Date: 1997-02-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Morton A. Bach
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bach, Morton A.
- Date: 1999-05-21
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Murat Williams
- Contributor: Spector, Melvin L. - Williams, Murat
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Thomas G. Weston
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Weston, Thomas G.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionIrwin Hood Hoover papers, Chiefly diaries and diary notes concerning U.S. presidents from Benjamin Harrison to Franklin D. Roosevelt and life in the White House (1891-1933). Also includes correspondence and notes addressed to Hoover, many of which are from Woodrow Wilson, some relating to Wilson's wedding to Edith Bolling Galt. Includes a diary and letters from Hoover to his family written while traveling in Europe, 1918-1919, and accompanying ...
- Contributor: Hoover, Irwin Hood
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John G. Kormann
- Contributor: Spear, Montcrieff J. - Kormann, John G.
- Date: 1996-02-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Julian M. Niemczyk
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Niemczyk, Julian M.
- Date: 1991-12-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Nuel L. Pazdral
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Pazdral, Nuel L.
- Date: 1992-08-03
CollectionWilliam Sowden Sims papers, Correspondence, memoranda, writings, notes, reports, military orders, biographical material, clippings, and other papers primarily documenting Sims's naval career and his work relating to naval reforms. Documents activities as an intelligence officer on the USS Charleston (Cruiser) at the China Station (1895-1896); naval attaché in Paris, Madrid, and Saint Petersburg (1896-1900); and commander of U.S. naval forces in Europe during World War I. Subjects include ...
- Contributor: Sims, William Sowden - Sims, Anne Hitchcock
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James McCargar
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McCargar, James
- Date: 1995-04-18
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ralph S. Smith
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Smith, Ralph Stuart
- Date: 1992-04-29
CollectionWilliam Dudley Foulke papers, circa 1470-1952 Lawyer, public official, and author from Indiana. Correspondence, diaries, journals, copybook, speeches, writings, notes, legal papers, clippings, printed material, and other papers, including a late fifteenth century fragment of the Tristram Saga obtained by Arthur Middleton Reeves on a trip to Iceland. The bulk of the collection consists of Foulke's correspondence reflecting his literary career and public service, including letters from Theodore Roosevelt discussing ...
- Contributor: Foulke, William Dudley
- Date: 1470
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMemoir of Virginia Hamill Biddle
- Contributor: Biddle, Virginia Hamill
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph B. Gildenhorn
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Gildenhorn, Joseph
- Date: 1993-05-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John P. Harrod
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Harrod, John P.
- Date: 1999-03-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with A. Lincoln Gordon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Spector, Melbourne L. - Gordon, A. Lincoln
- Date: 1987-09-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Isa K. Sabbagh
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Sabbagh, Isa K.
- Date: 1989-11-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Rozanne L. Ridgway
- Contributor: Ridgway, Rozanne L. - Charles Stuart Kennedy
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert Rackmales
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Rackmales, Robert
- Date: 1995-05-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Daniel Horowitz
- Contributor: Weiner, Herbert E. - Horowitz, Daniel L.
- Date: 1994-05-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lilla Moffat Levitt
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Levitt, Lilla Moffat
- Date: 1987-04-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donald C. Tice
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tice, Donald C.
- Date: 1997-02-10
CollectionStuart Eizenstat papers, 1929-2003 Lawyer, ambassador, adviser to the president of the United States, and public official. Correspondence, memoranda, transcripts of interviews, notebooks and notes, subject files, speeches, writings, reports, briefing books, press releases, clippings, calendars, photographs, printed matter, and other material relating chiefly to Eizenstat's writings.
- Contributor: Eizenstat, Stuart
- Date: 1929
CollectionElwood R. Quesada papers, Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, reports, personnel file, charts, drawings, and other papers documenting Quesada's career as a U.S. Air Force officer and as director of the Federal Aviation Administration. Subjects include his service as commanding general of the IX Fighter Command and the IX Tactical Air Command in North Africa and in Europe during World War II, unification of the armed forces, the B-36 bomber ...
- Contributor: Quesada, Elwood R. (Elwood Richard)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Perry W. Linder
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Linder, Perry W.
- Date: 1996-12-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Wendell W. Woodbury
- Contributor: Crawford, Virginia - Woodbury, Wendell W.
- Date: 1993-06-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Slator Clay Blackiston Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Blackiston, Slator Clay, Jr.
- Date: 1992-09-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Wingate Lloyd
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lloyd, Wingate
- Date: 2001-02-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Colonel Broadus Bailey Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bailey, Broadus, Jr.
- Date: 2002-06-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Yvonne Leveque Jordan
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Jordan, Yvonne Leveque
- Date: 1987-01-15
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dorothy A. Eardley
- Contributor: Crigler, T. Frank - Eardley, Dorothy A.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionJack Kemp papers, 1924-2009 United States cabinet officer, United States representative from New York, and football player. Chiefly correspondence, memoranda, speeches, statements, writings, legislative files, subject files, appointment books, scheduling files, press releases, newsletters, printed matter, clippings, and photographs documenting Kemp's career as a professional athlete and as a public official.
- Contributor: Kemp, Jack
- Date: 1924
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William B. Whitman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Whitman, William
- Date: 2004-07-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Mary A. Ryan
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Ryan, Mary A.
- Date: 2003-03-26
CollectionCharles Edward Russell papers, 1864-1941 Author and journalist. Correspondence, diaries, notebooks, writings, subject files, scrapbooks, clippings, printed matter, and other papers relating principally to Russell's writings and to his activities on behalf of various progressive reform causes.
- Contributor: Russell, Charles Edward
- Date: 1864
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Barbara H. Nielsen
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Nielsen, Barbara H.
- Date: 2004-12-16
CollectionLewis B. Schwellenbach papers, 1916-1958 United States secretary of labor, United States senator from Washington, jurist, and lawyer. Correspondence, speeches and writings, clippings, and scrapbooks relating primarily to Schwellenbach's career in the Senate and with the Department of Labor.
- Contributor: Schwellenbach, Lewis (Lewis Baxter) - Schwellenbach, Lewis
- Date: 1916
CollectionThorvald Solberg papers, 1882-1949 Register of copyrights. Correspondence, memoranda, reports, drafts of copyright legislation, speeches, articles, books, biographical and bibliographical material, financial records, notebooks, photos, and printed matter relating to Solberg's duties as register of copyrights and his efforts to protect literary rights in America and abroad.
- Contributor: Solberg, Thorvald
- Date: 1882
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cecil S. Richardson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Richardson, Cecil S.
- Date: 2003-08-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Kellogg Rice
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Rice, Mary Kellogg
- Date: 1991-01-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Ronald D. Godard
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Godard, Ronald D. (Ronald Duane)
- Date: 2010-00-00