CollectionHoward-von Recum family papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Diaries and correspondence relating primarily to the diplomatic career of Sir Henry Howard and documenting his postings in China; Denmark; France; Greece; Guatemala; Hague, Netherlands; Russia; the United States; and the Vatican during World War I. Includes correspondence and diaries, interleaved with photographs, clippings, and ephemera, of his daughter, Marie Ernestine Howard von Recum (also known as Da) pertaining to her years as a ...
- Contributor: Howard, Henry - Von Recum, Marie Ernestine Howard
CollectionRobert R. Hitt papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, notes and notebooks, business records, family papers, newspaper clippings, photographs, and other papers relating to Hitt's service as U.S. assistant secretary of state, U.S. congressman from Illinois, and secretary to the U.S. Legation in Paris, France. Also documents his service as court reporter, chairman of the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and reporter for a board of treaty commissioners to the ...
- Contributor: Hitt, Robert R. (Robert Roberts)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Peter K. Murphy
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Murphy, Peter K.
- Date: 1994-04-04
CollectionGouverneur Morris papers, 1771-1834 Lawyer, diplomat, and senator from New York. Letterbooks, diaries, legal and financial papers, and miscellany relating to Morris's mission to London, 1790-1791, his service as minister to France, 1792-1794, and in the United States Senate, 1800-1803. Also includes material relating to social life in Paris, the French Revolution, Morris's New York estate, the War of 1812, the Hartford Convention, and other events of the ...
- Contributor: Morris, Gouverneur
- Date: 1771
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edward C. McBride
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McBride, Edward C.
- Date: 2001-02-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Warren Zimmermann
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Zimmermann, Warren
- Date: 1996-12-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lane Kirkland
- Contributor: Shea, James F. - Kienzle, Don R. - Kirkland, Lane
- Date: 1996-11-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Walter Galenson
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Galenson, Walter
- Date: 1992-03-15
CollectionWilliam Vans Murray papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, and official documents pertaining to Murray's diplomatic activities as minister to the Netherlands (1797-1801) and as minister plenipoteniary to France (1799-1800) along with Oliver Ellsworth and William Richardson Davie. Topics include the American Revolution, the treaty of 1787 with England, and the XYZ Affair. Includes correspondence with John Adams; John Quincy Adams; Baron de Cappelle; Charles Guillaume Frédéric Dumas; Elbridge Gerry; James ...
- Contributor: Murray, William Vans
CollectionRobert Helyer Thayer papers, 1920-1980 Diplomat, lawyer, and New York public official. Correspondence, memoranda, legal briefs and case files, reports, financial records, scrapbook, printed matter, maps, photographs, and other papers documenting Thayer's legal career, political activities in the Republican Party, service in naval intelligence during World War II, and work for the State Department.
- Contributor: Thayer, Robert Helyer
- Date: 1920
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Burnett Anderson
- Contributor: O'brien, John R. - Anderson, Burnett
- Date: 1990-01-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Melbourne L. Spector
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - North, William Haven - Spector, Melbourne L.
- Date: 1988-12-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Virginia Hamill Biddle
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Biddle, Virginia Hamill
- Date: 1998-10-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Jack R. Perry
- Contributor: Mattox, Henry E. - Perry, Jack
- Date: 1992-07-02
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alan Fisher
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Fisher, Alan
- Date: 1989-07-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William L. Blue
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Blue, William L.
- Date: 1991-04-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marilyn Holmes
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Holmes, Marilyn
- Date: 1998-05-11
CollectionLee-Palfrey families papers, 1780-1932 Correspondence, diaries, journals, clippings, maps, photographs, and other papers of William Lee (1772-1840) of Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, D.C., and France and members of his family. Of particular interest are Lee's diaries and letters detailing his experiences as a commercial agent and secretary to the United States Legation in France. Also includes a journal and photographs of a topographical mission to Utah in 1858-1859 by ...
- Date: 1780
CollectionDuff Green papers, 1716-1883 Journalist, politician, entrepreneur, and industrial promoter. Correspondence, writings, maps, and printed matter reflecting Green’s political service and views on Southern culture.
- Contributor: Green, Duff
- Date: 1716
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cecil B. Lyon
- Contributor: Bovey, John - Lyon, Cecil
- Date: 1988-10-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen H. Rogers
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Rogers, Stephen H.
- Date: 1994-07-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Lewis Hoffacker
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Hoffacker, R. Lewis (Roscoe Lewis)
- Date: 1989-07-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harlan Cleveland
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Cleveland, Harlan
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edwin McCammon Martin
- Contributor: Spector, Melbourne L. - Martin, Edwin McCammon
- Date: 1988-04-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Albert E. Hemsing
- Contributor: Amerson, Robert - Hemsing, Albert E.
- Date: 1989-04-18