Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John Edwin Upston
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Upston, John Edwin
- Date: 1988-05-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Eugene Rosenfeld
- Contributor: O'brien, John R. - Rosenfeld, Eugene
- Date: 1989-11-28
CollectionKenneth Bancroft Clark papers, 1897-2003 Author, psychologist, and educator. Correspondence, memoranda, subject and project files, speeches and writings, transcripts of interviews and testimony, book drafts, minutes, reports, and administrative, academic, and financial records relating to Kenneth Bancroft Clark's career as a psychologist and professor at the City College, City University of New York, his contributions to the African-American civil rights movement and equal educational opportunities, and his various consulting ...
- Contributor: Clark, Kenneth Bancroft
- Date: 1897
CollectionDunlop family papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, speeches, financial papers, business and legal records, wills, indentures, estate papers, land deeds, surveys, genealogical material, printed matter, and other papers chiefly concerning the tobacco and grain trade of James Dunlop (1724-1790) and James Dunlop (1755-1824) in Georgetown (Washington, D.C.), New York, N.Y., and Glasgow, Scotland, and the Washington law practice of Robert P. Dunlop and his brother James Dunlop (b. 1793). Also ...
- Contributor: Biddle, Eliza - Dunlop, Francis Key - Dunlop, James - Dunlop, Robert P. - Dunlop, William
CollectionJob Pierson family papers, 1755-1908 Chiefly letters (1831-1835) written by Job Pierson (1791-1860) to his wife, Clarissa Bulkeley Pierson, while serving in Congress describing life in Washington, D.C., during the administration of Andrew Jackson; journal and typewritten transcripts of diary entries of Job Pierson (1824-1896) relating to his studies at Williams College, his religious conversion, family life, and his career as a Presbyterian clergyman in New York and Michigan.
- Contributor: Pierson, Job
- Date: 1755
CollectionRodgers family papers, 1740-1987 United States Navy and Army officers and family members. Correspondence, diaries, letterbooks, logbooks, photographs, recollections (memoirs), financial papers, and printed matter centering primarily on the naval career of Commodore John Rodgers (1773-1838).
- Date: 1740
CollectionAlmon Ferdinand Rockwell papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, journals, reports, and other papers relating principally to the presidential administration and assassination of James A. Garfield. Correspondence with Garfield relates to their friendship, investments in the Silver King Mining Company, controversy over the resignation of New York senator Roscoe Conkling, and Garfield's appointment of Rockwell as superintendent of public buildings in Washington, D.C. Rockwell's diaries describe his Civil War service as ...
- Contributor: Rockwell, Almon Ferdinand
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph N. Greene Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Greene, Joseph N., Jr.
- Date: 1993-03-12
CollectionSol M. Linowitz papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Diaries, correspondence, speeches, writings, reports, notes, interviews, oral history transcripts, biographical material, legal files, organizational records, travel files, clippings, printed matter, scrapbooks, photographs, and other papers documenting Linowitz's career as an attorney chiefly with Sutherland and Sutherland in Rochester, N.Y., and with Coudert Brothers international law firm in Washington, D.C, executive for Xerox Corporation (earlier known as Haloid Xerox, Inc.), ambassador to the Organization ...
- Contributor: Linowitz, Sol M.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David Michael Adamson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Adamson, David Michael
- Date: 2002-06-05
CollectionHenry M. Robert papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, letterbooks, memoranda books, diaries, subject files, and other papers relating chiefly to Robert's career in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and as a parliamentarian. Documents his service as engineer commissioner of the District of Columbia and the publication of his Pocket Manual of Rules of Order for Deliberative Assemblies (1876) commonly known as Robert's Rules of Order. Also documents engineering projects on ...
- Contributor: Robert, Henry M. (Henry Martyn)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador James Dobbins
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Dobbins, James
- Date: 2003-07-21
CollectionHarry Payne Whitney collection of letters of William Collins Whitney, 1757-1942 Secretary of the navy, financier, and sportsman. Correspondence, legal and financial records, scrapbooks, photographs, genealogies, and printed matter relating chiefly to William C. Whitney's business and political career in New York, and as secretary of the navy in the first Grover Cleveland presidential administration.
- Contributor: Whitney, William C. (William Collins) - Whitney, William C.
- Date: 1757
CollectionThe Stations that Spoke Your Language: Radio and the Yiddish-American Cultural Renaissance (Day 2, morning) Leading Yiddish language and culture experts joined media scholars and Library of Congress specialists to address Yiddish radio in America: its history and cultural impact, its continuing influence on American media, and its multifaceted legacy. (Day 2, morning)
- Contributor: Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman ... Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman - Mayrent, Sherry L. - Newman, Roberta - Pearlstein, Peggy K. - Rein, David M. - Russo, Alexander - Sapoznik, Henry - Seigel, Amanda - Sokolow, Pete - Taub, Yermiyahu Ahron - Ticktin, Max D. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Yiddish of Greater Washington Inc - University of Wisconsin. Mayrent Institute for Yiddish Culture
- Date: 2012-09-07
CollectionDaniel P. Moynihan papers, 1765-2003 Public official, diplomat, educator, and senator. Correspondence, memoranda, journals, speeches, writings, legislative files, notes, research material, subject files, appointment books, press releases, printed material, clippings, and photographs documenting Moynihan's career in public service, in higher education, and in politics, particularly his years as United States senator from New York.
- Contributor: Moynihan, Daniel P. (Daniel Patrick) - Moynihan, Daniel P.
- Date: 1765
CollectionMeg Greenfield papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, speeches, writings, interview transcripts, reports, research files, calendars and schedules, financial and legal records, travel files, academic records, biographical material, childhood diaries and writings, family papers, honors and awards, scrapbooks, printed matter, digital files, cartoons, photographs, and other papers documenting Greenfield's career in journalism as Washington correspondent and editor for Reporter magazine (1961-1968), editorial writer and editor of the Washington Post ...
- Contributor: Greenfield, Meg
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph P. O'Neill
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - O'neill, Joseph P.
- Date: 1998-05-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard L. Jackson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Jackson, Richard L.
- Date: 1998-08-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard E. Johnson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Johnson, Richard E.
- Date: 1991-01-30
CollectionAmasa J. Parker papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Chiefly letters written by Parker while serving in the U.S. Congress to his wife, Harriet Langdon Roberts Parker, in Delhi, N.Y., describing his trip to Washington, the city, the Capitol building, and his impressions of John Quincy Adams, John C. Calhoun, and Daniel Webster. Other topics include dueling, Indian affairs, politics, and Washington social life and theater. Also includes letters written while Parker was ...
- Contributor: Parker, Amasa J. (Amasa Junius)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard W. Petree
- Contributor: McCusker, Paul D. - Petree, Richard W.
- Date: 1993-07-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Henry J. Kellerman
- Contributor: Tuch, Hans N. - Kellerman, Henry J.
- Date: 1989-01-30