Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William G. Ridgeway
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Ridgeway, William G.
- Date: 1989-02-28
CollectionCharles Julius Allen and Grace Elizabeth Allen papers, Correspondence, diaries, family history, personal reminiscences, notes, clippings, and printed matter chiefly of Charles Julius Allen and his daughter, Grace Elizabeth Allen. Papers of Charles Julius Allen relate to his life as ...
- Contributor: Allen, Charles Julius - Allen, Grace Elizabeth
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Myles Greene
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Greene, Myles
- Date: 2002-02-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Pierre Shostal
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Shostal, Pierre
- Date: 1997-06-16
CollectionSol M. Linowitz papers, 1778-1999 Lawyer, businessman, diplomat, and consultant to United States presidents. Diaries, correspondence, speeches and writings, interviews, an oral history, organizational records, reports, photographs, printed matter, clippings, and travel files documenting Linowitz's career as ...
- Contributor: Linowitz, Sol M.
- Date: 1778
CollectionFrederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress presents the papers of the nineteenth-century African American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery ...
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick - Douglass, Helen
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William R. Tyler
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tyler, William R.
- Date: 1987-11-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Archibald Gordon MacArthur
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Macarthur, Archibald Gordon
- Date: 1999-02-12
CollectionLee Lawrie papers, General and family correspondence, sculpture commission files, biographical file, and other papers documenting Lawrie's career as a sculptor whose works were an integral part of public buildings, monuments, and churches throughout the ...
- Contributor: Lawrie, Lee
CollectionDunlop family papers, Correspondence, speeches, financial papers, business and legal records, wills, indentures, estate papers, land deeds, surveys, genealogical material, printed matter, and other papers chiefly concerning the tobacco and grain trade of James Dunlop ...
- Contributor: Biddle, Eliza - Dunlop, Francis Key - Dunlop, James - Dunlop, Robert P. - Dunlop, William
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David Brombart
- Contributor: Kienzle, Don - Brombart, David
- Date: 1998-02-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cliff Forster
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Forster, Cliff
- Date: 1990-05-29
CollectionOlmsted Associates records, 1863-1971 Landscape architectural firm. The records include correspondence, letterbooks, memoranda, reports, plans, specifications, newspaper clippings, photographs, drawings, journals, account books, ledgers, lists, diagrams, blueprints, deeds, and printed matter constituting the business files of ...
- Contributor: Olmsted Associates
- Date: 1863
CollectionRiggs family papers, Family and business correspondence, diaries, writings, financial records, biographical and genealogical papers, printed matter, and other papers of Riggs family members. Includes papers of Elisha Riggs (1779-1853) relating to family affairs, travel ...
- Contributor: Riggs, Elisha - Riggs, Elisha Francis - Riggs, George Washington - Riggs, Romulus - Riggs, Thomas - Riggs, T. Lawrason (Thomas Lawrason) - Riggs, William Henry
CollectionHarry Payne Whitney collection of letters of William Collins Whitney, Correspondence; business, legal, and financial records; genealogies; scrapbooks; printed matter; photographs; and other papers pertaining chiefly to William C. Whitney's service as corporation counsel in the New York (N.Y.) Law Dept. and ...
- Contributor: Whitney, William C. (William Collins) - Whitney, Harry Payne
CollectionJohn Osborne papers, circa 1900-1983 Author, editor, and journalist. Correspondence and memoranda; family papers; drafts of published and unpublished articles, reports, columns, and interviews; notes and notebooks; dispatches and news cables; research material; and other papers documenting ...
- Contributor: Osborne, John
- Date: 1900
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Claude Groce
- Contributor: O'brien, John R. - Groce, Claude
- Date: 1988-02-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Herbert A. Fierst
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fierst, Herbert A.
- Date: 1996-07-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stanley I. Grand
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Grand, Stanley I.
- Date: 1992-06-26
CollectionSingleton family papers, 1758-1860 Plantation owners in South Carolina. Family and general correspondence, legal papers, clippings, invitations, receipts, poetry, and miscellaneous items of various members of the Singleton and allied Van Buren and Deveaux (DeVoe) families.
- Date: 1758
CollectionTheodore Granik papers, 1930-1970 Lawyer and radio and television moderator. Correspondence, legal proceedings, printed transcripts of radio and television broadcasts, scripts, memoranda, production inventories, and newspaper clippings documenting Granik's law practice in Washington, D. C., and ...
- Contributor: Granik, Theodore
- Date: 1930
CollectionHorsford-Tryon families papers, 1800-2000 Mainly correspondence among family members primarily in central New York. Includes letters written by the chemist and women's education advocate, Eben Horsford, and by Maria Charity Horsford to her adult children from ...
- Date: 1800
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mabel Murphy Smythe
- Contributor: Morin, Ann Miller - Smythe, Mabel Murphy
- Date: 1986-05-02
CollectionGerhard Colm papers, Correspondence, articles, congressional testimony, reports, lectures, speeches, conference papers, book reviews, notes, course outlines, bibliographies, background material, newspaper clippings, and other papers documenting Colm's career as an economic policy advisor and professor ...
- Contributor: Colm, Gerhard
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Karen McCluskey
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - McCluskey, Karen
- Date: 1992-07-30
CollectionEdward Everett Hayden family papers, 1817-1963 Naval officer and scientist. Correspondence, diaries, journals, notebooks, financial material, photographs, and other papers pertaining to Hayden's naval and scientific careers and to his family.
- Contributor: Hayden, Edward Everett
- Date: 1817
CollectionThe Stations that Spoke Your Language: Radio and the Yiddish-American Cultural Renaissance (Day 2, morning) Leading Yiddish language and culture experts joined media scholars and Library of Congress specialists to address Yiddish radio in America: its history and cultural impact, its continuing influence on American media, and ...
- Contributor: Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman ... Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman - Mayrent, Sherry L. - Newman, Roberta - Pearlstein, Peggy K. - Rein, David M. - Russo, Alexander - Sapoznik, Henry - Seigel, Amanda - Sokolow, Pete - Taub, Yermiyahu Ahron - Ticktin, Max D. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Yiddish of Greater Washington Inc - University of Wisconsin. Mayrent Institute for Yiddish Culture
- Date: 2012-09-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to R. U. Johnson from William Tecumseh Sherman, December 22, 1886.
- Contributor: Sherman, William T.
- Date: 1886-12-22
View 11 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lispenard Crocker (Lisa) Green
- Contributor: Meyers, Hope Macbride - Green, Lispenard Crocker (Lisa)
- Date: 1987-03-05
CollectionHear, O Israel: Yiddish-American Radio 1925-1955 While all other aspects of Yiddish culture existed wherever Ashkenazic Jews lived, it was only in America that radio realized its greatest and most fulfilling use by and for Jews. Yiddish scholar ...
- Contributor: Sapoznik, Henry - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2009-10-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with J. William Middendorf II
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Middendorf, John William
- Date: 1993-07-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mark E. Mohr
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Mohr, Mark E.
- Date: 2011-00-00
CollectionAgnes Elizabeth Ernst Meyer papers, Correspondence, diaries, speeches, unpublished memoir and other writings, subject files, research material, family papers, and other papers relating to Meyer's career as an author; authority on Asian, especially Chinese art; literary critic; ...
- Contributor: Meyer, Agnes Elizabeth Ernst