Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lucius D. Battle
- Contributor: Mak, Dayton S. - Mulhollan, Paige E. - Battle, Lucius D.
- Date: 1991-07-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Leonard F. Walentynowicz
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Walentynowicz, Leonard F.
- Date: 1992-06-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charles Higginson
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Higginson, Charles
- Date: 1998-10-13
CollectionWe Had Sneakers, They Had Guns: The Kids Who Fought for Civil Rights in Mississippi As an illustrator and journalist, Tracy Sugarman covered the nearly one thousand student volunteers who traveled to the Mississippi Delta to assist black citizens in the South in registering to vote. Two white students and one black student were slain in the struggle, many were beaten and hundreds arrested, and churches and homes were burned to the ground by the opponents of equality. Yet ...
- Contributor: Sugarman, Tracy - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2009-05-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David M. Winn
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Winn, David M.
- Date: 2002-02-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marlen E. Neumann
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Laingen, Penelope (Penne) - Neumann, Marlen E.
- Date: 1990-07-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alfred Joseph White
- Contributor: Harter, John J. - White, Alfred Joseph
- Date: 1997-09-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth (Elsie) Sturgis Grew Lyon
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Lyon, Elizabeth (Elsie) Sturgis Grew
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Greta N. Morris
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Morris, Greta N.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Nena Vreeland
- Contributor: North, W. Haven - Vreeland, Nena
- Date: 1998-04-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donald J. Novotny
- Contributor: Mustard, Allan - Novotny, Donald J.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James L. Tull
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Tull, James L.
- Date: 2001-05-31
CollectionThe New Deal Legacy and Contemporary Scholarship, Part 2 The "New Deal" Franklin Delano Roosevelt had promised the American people began to take shape immediately after his inauguration on March 4, 1933. The multi-faceted social, cultural and fiscal recovery program aimed to reform and reinvigorate national life, and to end the Great Depression. Many New Deal administrators believed that art could be a part of the daily lives of all Americans, not just ...
- Contributor: Various - Brannan, Beverly W. - Birney, Alice L. (Alice Lotvin) - Breiseth, Christopher Neri - Camp, Charles - Clark, Robert William - Cleary, Beth M. - Cole, John Young - Dimunation, Mark G. - Gottesman, Laura ... Various - Brannan, Beverly W. - Birney, Alice L. (Alice Lotvin) - Breiseth, Christopher Neri - Camp, Charles - Clark, Robert William - Cleary, Beth M. - Cole, John Young - Dimunation, Mark G. - Gottesman, Laura - Kalin, Andrea - Katzman, Laura - Kazin, Michael - Kerst, Catherine Hiebert - McDannell, Colleen - Morgan, Mindy J. - Peatross, C. Ford - Rachleff, Peter J. - Remsberg, Rich - Sapoznik, Henry - Tidwell, John Edgar - Wiltsey, Tom - Zvonchenko, Walter - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress - National New Deal Preservation Association - United States. National Archives and Records Administration
- Date: 2008-03-14
CollectionDocumenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia Glen Pearcy and David Cline discuss Pearcy's documentary work with the Southwest Georgia Project, which documented local people at work and in their homes during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
- Contributor: Pearcy, Glen - Cline, David P. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Blacks in Government (U.S.). Library of Congress Chapter
- Date: 2014-02-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philip M. Kaiser
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Kaiser, Philip M.
- Date: 1992-10-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert Bauer
- Contributor: Groce, Claude - Bauer, Robert
- Date: 1989-10-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wilson, Joseph C.
- Date: 2001-01-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Donald F. McHenry
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McHenry, Donald F.
- Date: 1993-03-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William B. Macomber Jr.
- Contributor: Unna, Warren - Ernst, Roger - Macomber, William (William Butts)
- Date: 1989-09-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth (Betty) Haselton
- Contributor: Norland, Patricia - Haselton, Elizabeth (Betty)
- Date: 1993-04-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Suzanne Sekerak Butcher
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Butcher, Suzanne Sekerak
- Date: 2000-04-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with A. Lincoln Gordon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Spector, Melbourne L. - Gordon, A. Lincoln
- Date: 1987-09-30
CollectionCultural Democracy in a Time of Diminished Resources Simply stated, "Cultural Democracy" is the notion that everybody's heritage and cultural expression is worthwhile and deserving of an equitable share of whatever resources are available. In recent years, Cultural Democracy has also gained traction as a descriptor for the whole realm of participatory, community-centered arts activities, practiced by millions of Americans everyday in their homes, backyards, public parks, places of worship, schools -- ...
- Contributor: Graves, James Bau - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2010-07-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth Ann Swift
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Swift, Elizabeth Ann
- Date: 1992-12-16