Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Haywood Rankin
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Rankin, Haywood
- Date: 1998-07-24
CollectionRobert H. Terrell papers, 1870-1954 Teacher, lawyer, and judge. Correspondence, speeches and writings, newspaper clippings, printed matter, and other papers relating to Terrell's interest in African-American education and welfare, courts and schools in Washington, D.C., Republican politics, and the Washington Board of Trade.
- Contributor: Terrell, Robert H. (Robert Heberton) - Terrell, Robert H.
- Date: 1870
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Daniel Horowitz
- Contributor: Weiner, Herbert E. - Horowitz, Daniel L.
- Date: 1994-05-27
CollectionJohn J. Walsh papers, 1933-2004 Federal Bureau of Investigation agent. Correspondence, writings, and research material relating to Walsh’s career as a Federal Bureau of Investigation agent and as an investigator for congressional committees and executive branch agencies. Includes Walsh’s unpublished memoir and research files relating to the Venona project and to Matthew Silverman, a figure in the Alger Hiss case.
- Contributor: Walsh, John J. (John Joseph) - Walsh, John J.
- Date: 1933
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Charles J. Nelson
- Contributor: Tutt, Celestine - Nelson, Charles J. (Charles Joseph)
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Jack B. Kubisch
- Contributor: Mattox, Henry E. - Kubisch, Jack
- Date: 1989-01-06
CollectionBess Furman papers, 1728-1967 Author and journalist. Correspondence, diaries, family papers, subject files, speeches and writings, financial records, scrapbooks, and miscellany relating primarily to Furman's family, personal life, and career as a journalist and author.
- Contributor: Furman, Bess
- Date: 1728
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Jenonne Walker
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Walker, Jenonne
- Date: 2004-05-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Watts
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Watts, William
- Date: 1995-08-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donor M. Lion
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Lion, Donor M.
- Date: 1997-06-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialReflections of a Foot Soldier
- Contributor: Scoville, James G.
- Date: 1995-08-15
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialRobert Shafer, Robin Kessinger and Bobby Taylor: Flatpick Guitar and Fiddle Music from Kanawha County, West Virginia
American Folklife Center concert, 2012-08-16 | Robert Shafer, Robin Kessinger, and Bobby Taylor : flatpick guitar and fiddle music from Kanawha County, West Virginia | Homegrown 2012, the music of America Video recording, sound recording, and photographs of a concert in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress on August 16, 2012 as part of the Homegrown concert series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. traditional musicians, have played together over many years at various musical events in the Valley and throughout West Virginia. Musicians from Kanawha County, West Virginia, influenced by Clark Kessinger, a world...
- Contributor: Kessinger, Robin - Shafer, Robert - Taylor, Bobby ((Fiddler)) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.) - Millennium Stage
- Date: 2012
CollectionOld Cultures/New Contexts: Presenting the Traditional Music and Dance of Urban Immigrant Communities
Old cultures, new contexts | Presenting the traditional music and dance of urban immigrant communities | Music, dance of urban communities | Benjamin Botkin folklife lecture | American Folklife Center lecture, 2008-06-20 Ethnographer and performer Ethel Raim, co-founder and artistic director of New York's celebrated Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD), discusses her five decades of work with community-based traditional artists in urban America. Beginning at a time when to most Americans "folk music" was practically synonymous with rural and Anglo-Saxon, Raim built on her own interests in Balkan music and dance to document and...
- Contributor: Raim, Ethel - Groce, Nancy - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-06-20
CollectionTranslating Africa in Global Contexts
Translating African oral literature in global contexts | Benjamin Botkin folklife lecture | American Folklife Center lecture, 2010-09-22 Although African myths and folktales have long been trivialized as childish, translators today are revealing new insights, which show that Africa led the world in the invention of the most sophisticated literary styles. Critics now particularly value the figurality, or use of metaphor, which dominates the African literary imagination. The ethics and politics of translating African oral literature, or folklore, are a microcosm of...
- Contributor: Haring, Lee - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2010-09-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philip H. Trezise
- Contributor: Armstrong, Willis C. - Trezise, Philip H.
- Date: 1989-05-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charles E. Rushing
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Rushing, Charles E.
- Date: 1996-07-02
CollectionEdith Benham Helm papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Chiefly scrapbooks together with correspondence, notes, photographs, memorabilia, and other papers documenting Helm's career as social secretary at the White House during the Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Harry S. Truman administrations. Subjects include the Paris Peace Conference, 1919-1920.
- Contributor: Helm, Edith Benham
CollectionDaniel P. Moynihan papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, journals, speeches, writings, reports, notes, research material, legislative files, subject files, appointment books, press releases, printed material, clippings, photographs, and other papers documenting Moynihan's career in public service, in higher education, and in politics. Part I, dated 1786-1978 with bulk dates of 1955-1975, consists of correspondence, memoranda, speeches, reports, book drafts and outlines, book reviews, articles, research material, notes, minutes of meetings,...
- Contributor: Moynihan, Daniel P. (Daniel Patrick) - Abrams, Elliott - Bullock, Tony - Gale, Joseph H. - Maxwell, Gray - Moynihan, Daniel P. (Daniel Patrick), the Godkin Lectures, Harvard University - Patterson, Mark - Russert, Tim - Samet, Andrew James
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Harrison Marsh
- Contributor: Lehovich, Vladimir - Heyniger, Lambert - Marsh, William Harrison
- Date: 1997-12-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard McCoy
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - McCoy, Richard
- Date: 1989-03-13
CollectionMargaret Bayard Smith papers, Correspondence, diaries, journals, and commonplace books. Chiefly correspondence between Smith and her sisters, Jane Bayard Kirkpatrick and Maria Bayard Boyd, and her husband, journalist and banker Samuel Harrison Smith. Other correspondents include Mary Hering Middleton, A. Emilie Pichon, and Eliza Susan Morton Quincy. Subjects include presidential elections; the British occupation of Washington in 1814; Montpelier, Va., James Madison's estate, and Monticello, Va., Thomas Jefferson's...
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard