Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Armin H. Meyer
- Contributor: Mak, Dayton S. - Meyer, Armin H. (Armin Henry)
- Date: 1989-02-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialVan Hook Place, Uniontown, D.C., Plat of, 1877
- Contributor: Dubois, N.
- Date: 1877-05-01
CollectionHenry Mason Morfit papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Chiefly correspondence and business and financial records relating to Morfit's practice as a claims lawyer in Washington, D.C., and as a political figure in the Andrew Jackson presidential administrations. Correspondence primarily concerns business matters, especially the collection of claims. Subjects include claims originating in the colonial period and the American Revolution, French spoliation claims, maritime claims, the development of the West, land speculation in ...
- Contributor: Morfit, Henry Mason
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John P. Windmuller
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Windmuller, John P.
- Date: 1995-01-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Lowenthal
- Contributor: Williams, James D. - Lowenthal, William
- Date: 1986-12-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Louis F. Licht III
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Licht, Louis F., III
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph Toner
- Contributor: Spector, Melbourne L. - Toner, Joseph
- Date: 1989-10-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edgar J. Gordon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Gordon, Edgar J.
- Date: 1997-02-10
View 53 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHādhihi Ḥāshīyat al-ʻĀlim al-ʻAllāmah al-Ustādh al-Ḥifnī al-musammāh bi-Farāʼid ʻawāʼid jabrīyah ʻalá sharḥ al-Sibṭ lil-Yāsamīnīyah ...
هذه حاشية العالم العلامة الأستاذ الحفني المسماة بفرائد عوائد جبرية على شرح السبط للياسمينية ... Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available A commentary on the commentary of Sibṭ al-Māridīnī on al-Urjūzah, a poem on algebra, by Ibn al-Yāsamīn.
- Contributor: Ḥifnī, Muḥammad Ibn Sālim
- Date: 1888
CollectionTraditional Turkish & Bulgarian Instrumental & Vocal Music Turkish and Bulgarian vocalists and instrumentalists Tzvety Weiner, Valeri Georgiev & Varol Saatcioglu share their traditional music.
- Contributor: Various - Weiner, Tzvety Dosseva - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2014-03-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert E. Asher
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Asher, Robert E.
- Date: 2000-11-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Roy Stacey
- Contributor: W. Haven North - Stacey, Roy
- Date: 2011-00-00
CollectionGerhard Alden Gesell papers, 1956-1993 Judge and lawyer. Correspondence, memoranda, manuscripts of writings, speeches, agenda and minutes of meetings, opinions, orders, dockets, notes, sentencing information, case files, and other legal papers and material pertaining primarily to Gesell's career as judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and documenting his cases in the areas of civil rights, constitutional law, antitrust matters, patent cases, and government ...
- Contributor: Gesell, Gerhard Alden
- Date: 1956
CollectionBalla Kouyate & World Vision: Traditional Malian Music from Massachusetts Balla Kouyate is a griot and virtuoso player of the balaphon. Considered the predecessor of the xylophone and the first Mande instrument, the balafon is made up of wood slats of varying lengths. The slats are secured over two rows of calabash gourds, which serve as natural amplifiers. Each gourd is punctured with small holes over which Balla places thin plastic tape. The vibrating ...
- Contributor: Kouyate, Balla - Kouyaté, Balla - World Vision (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2010-04-28
CollectionDavid and Levon Ayriyan David and Levon Ayriyan performed Armenian music from Rhode Island, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. David Ayirian plays Armenian dance music and is accompanied by his son on the dumbek, a Middle Eastern drum. The kemancha is one of the oldest stringed instruments from the Middle East. Played in ancient Persia, it has continued to be used ...
- Contributor: Ayriyan, David - Ayriyan, Levon - Lambrecht, Winifred - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2006-04-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philip C. Wilcox
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wilcox, Philip C.
- Date: 1998-04-27
CollectionJoseph Hopper Nicholson papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence and other papers relating chiefly to Nicholson's service as U.S. representative from Maryland and judge of the U.S. Circuit Court and U.S. Court of Appeals. Subjects include congressional affairs; investigations of federal departments, navy yards, and naval expenditures; elections and political affairs; impeachment of Samuel Chase, associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court; capture of Washington, D.C., by the British in 1814; finance ...
- Contributor: Nicholson, Joseph Hopper
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Gerald J. Monroe
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Monroe, Gerald J.
- Date: 1999-03-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arthur Joseph Olsen
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Olsen, Arthur Joseph
- Date: 1997-02-24
CollectionAinsworth Rand Spofford papers, 1819-1970 Librarian of Congress. Chiefly correspondence during the years Spofford served as librarian of Congress and personal and family correspondence.
- Contributor: Spofford, Ainsworth Rand
- Date: 1819
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMemoir of Virginia Hamill Biddle
- Contributor: Biddle, Virginia Hamill
- Date: 2011-00-00