Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHarold Spivacke's recommendation that the Library authorize the recording expedition, with an estimate of the cost
- Contributor: Spivacke, Harold
- Date: 1939-03-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialTārīkh-i Nādirī.
تاريخ نادري. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Manuscript is incomplete; text breaks off abruptly at second word of line 5, leaf 257a.
- Contributor: Mahdī Khān Astarābād - Munro, Thomas
- Date: 1760
CollectionSqueeze This! A Cultural History of the Accordion in America Polka, zydeco, and "Lady of Spain": If this is your idea of the only genres wherein the accordion flourishes, prepare to be enlightened by the history of this robust instrument's odyssey across the American musical landscape and its dramatic rise, fall, and rise again in 20th century popular culture.
- Contributor: Jacobson, Marion - Jacobson, Marion S.
- Date: 2012-07-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Seth P. Tillman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tillman, Seth P.
- Date: 1994-03-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Abtam Gilmore Flues
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Flues, Abtam Gilmore
- Date: 1995-06-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialRisālah-i Firdawsīyah.
رسالة فردوسية. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Anonymous miscellany in prose and poetry dealing with spring, education, medical matters, trades, military matters and finally a lengthy section in praise of an unnamed individual.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph C. Wheeler
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Wheeler, Joseph C.
- Date: 1998-06-17
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Thesaurus pauperum, in Italian ; Nicolaus, Experimenta in Italian ; On the medicinal value of precious stones ; Medicina che fa partuire la femina ...; Medical treatise ... in Italian ... part ... Manuscript. In Italian and Latin. Title from de Ricci. Thin yellowish parchment, 2 columns, written in brown ink in several hands; 37 lines; foliation is later, in brown ink, with 43 appearing twice. Once part of a larger volume: beginning leaf 1 another foliation appears, starting with 285. At leaf 67 verso appear the names of Lodovigo Fioravante and Stephano Tinelli in a 15th ...
- Contributor: John XXI - Albertus - Kunz, George Frederick - Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1300
View 170 Results
CollectionPinkerton's National Detective Agency records, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, essays and other writings, reports, notes, police and prison records, code books, criminal rosters, exhibition texts, legal documents, biographical and genealogical records, procedural guidelines and training manuals, financial records, card indexes, photographs, reward notices, wanted posters, illustrations, maps, and other records chiefly documenting the work of the private detective agency for clients in business and industry. Includes papers of Pinkerton family members ...
- Contributor: Pinkerton's National Detective Agency - Bangs, George H. - Pinkerton, Allan - Pinkerton, Robert A. - Pinkerton, Robert A. (Robert Allan) - Pinkerton, William A. (William Allan)
CollectionFlorence Jaffray Hurst Harriman papers, 1857-1982 Diplomat, political activist, and author. Correspondence, writings, news clippings, photographs, printed matter, and miscellaneous papers relating primarily to Harriman's activities as United States minister to Norway and her political activities on behalf of the Democratic party, world peace organizations, and District of Columbia voting rights.
- Contributor: Harriman, Florence Jaffray
- Date: 1857
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Gale McGee
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McGee, Gale W. (Gale William)
- Date: 1988-12-09
CollectionBorderlines/Borderlands: Culture and the Canadian-U.S. International Boundary: Panels 2 & 3 Borderlines/ Borderlands: Culture and the Canada-US International Boundary, a free symposium featuring leading Canadian and US scholars, which will explore the history and culture of regions, communities, and their residents along the Canada-U.S. border. The morning session is presented. Panel 2: History along the Border/Case Studies with David Taylor speaking on "Canadian Resouces at the American Folklife Center," Steve Winick speaking on "Franco American ...
- Contributor: Arenson, Adam - Carter, Brian - Champ, Henry - Diamond, Beverley - Dyster, Paul A. - Faid, Julian - Fischer, David Hackett - Konrad, Victor A. - Lynch, Timothy G. - Matthiesen, Birgit ... Arenson, Adam - Carter, Brian - Champ, Henry - Diamond, Beverley - Dyster, Paul A. - Faid, Julian - Fischer, David Hackett - Konrad, Victor A. - Lynch, Timothy G. - Matthiesen, Birgit - Meer, Mark - Ricou, Laurence - Robson, Patrick J. - Stovel, Nora Foster - Taft, Michael - Tarbell, Reaghan - Taylor, David Alan - Widdis, Randy W. (Randy William) - Winick, Stephen D. - American Folklife Center - Canada. Embassy (U.S.) - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2010-06-16
CollectionCantos de mi canton (Songs from My Home): Chicano Music from California In a concert in celebration of Hispanic American Heritage Month, Agustin Lira and Alma & Quetza perform.
- Contributor: Lira, Agustín - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2011-09-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMargaret Bayard Smith Papers: Diaries and Journals, 1804-1831; 1829
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard
- Date: 1829
View 28 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dell Pendergrast
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Pendergrast, Dell
- Date: 1999-06-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George S. Vest
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Vest, George S.
- Date: 1990-07-06
CollectionAnna Maria Brodeau Thornton papers, Seven bound volumes containing diaries, journals, essays, log of household visitors, daily log of activities, household accounts, silhouettes of unidentified people, and other papers primarily describing social life in Washington, D.C., with extensive detail about housekeeping and expense matters. There are gaps in the diaries, with a major one occurring during the years 1816-1827. Includes entries relating to the schedule and work of Thornton's ...
- Contributor: Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialConversation with 61 year old black male, Washington, DC (Transcript)
- Contributor: Fasold, Ralph W. - Smith, Raphael
- Date: 1968
View 5 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHādhihi Ḥāshīyat al-ʻĀlim al-ʻAllāmah al-Shaykh Aḥmad Muḥammad al-Shāfiʻī al-Janājī al-Mālikī ʻalá Sharḥ al-Sibṭ al-Māridīnī ʻalá al-Yāsamīnīyah fī ʻilm al-jabr wa-al-muqābalah ...
هذه حاشية العالم العلامة الشيخ أحمج محمد الشافعي الجناجي المالكي على شرح السبط المارديني على الياسمينية في علم الجبر و المقابلة ... Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Ms. Arabic. Transcribed by Ṭaḥa ibn Yūsuf and completed 16 Rajab, 1305 AH. Purchase of Mahmud al-Mansuri collection, 1945. [Egypt?] Paper: yellowed cream, in good condition; leaves loose. Black ink throughout the text, framed by a double red line. Few marginal notes; catchwords on rectos. Library of Congress. Mansuri Collection, 5-738. With: Hādhā kitāb al-Lumʻah al-Māridīnīyah fī sharḥ al-Yāsamīnīyah fī ʻilm al-jabr wa-al-muqābalah / ...
- Contributor: Janājī, Aḥmad Muḥammad
- Date: 1888
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialConversation with 16 year old black male, Washington, DC (Transcript)
- Contributor: Fasold, Ralph W. - Ward, Charles
- Date: 1968-06-03
View 6 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John H. Trattner
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Trattner, John H.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionEdith Bolling Galt Wilson papers, 1833-1961 Wife of President Woodrow Wilson. Correspondence, diary notes, drafts of Wilson's autobiography, My Memoir, financial and legal records, family and genealogical material, printed matter, memorabilia, and other papers relating largely to political and social life in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Wilson, Edith Bolling Galt
- Date: 1833
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John R. O'Brien
- Contributor: Tuch, Hans N. - O'brien, John R.
- Date: 1988-02-05