CollectionEdward Everett Hayden family papers, 1817-1963 Naval officer and scientist. Correspondence, diaries, journals, notebooks, financial material, photographs, and other papers pertaining to Hayden's naval and scientific careers and to his family.
- Contributor: Hayden, Edward Everett
- Date: 1817
CollectionHayes, Hollister, and Kelman families papers, Correspondence, diaries, lectures, sermons, memoirs, genealogical material, and printed matter pertaining chiefly to members of the Hayes family and their careers as Presbyterian missionaries and educators in China. Includes papers of Margaret ...
- Contributor: Ambler, Barbara Hayes - Hayes, Barbara Monteath Kelman - Hayes, David - Hayes, John David - Hayes, Margaret Young - Hayes, W. M. (Watson M.) - Hollister, Margaret Hayes - Kelman, John
CollectionHenry A. Willard II collection, 1743-1888 Papers and records collected by Henry A Willard II including Bradley-Willard family papers and correspondence, Willard Hotel records, miscellaneous business records, and autographs collected by Henry A. Willard I that include the ...
- Contributor: Willard, Henry A. (Henry Augustus) - Willard, Henry A.
- Date: 1743
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard H. Melton
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Melton, Richard H. (Richard Huntington)
- Date: 1997-01-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialConversation with 16 year old black male, Washington, DC (Transcript)
- Contributor: Fasold, Ralph W. - Ward, Charles
- Date: 1968-06-03
View 6 Results
CollectionAnna Kelton Wiley papers, Correspondence, speeches, reports, articles, notes, appointment books, family papers, financial records, clippings, printed matter, scrapbooks, photographs, and other papers relating chiefly to Wiley's activities on behalf of women's rights as well as ...
- Contributor: Wiley, Anna Kelton - Campbell, William S. (William Shaw) - Kelton, J. C. (John Cunningham) - Wiley, Harvey Washington
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert McCloskey
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McCloskey, Robert
- Date: 1989-05-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James R. Meenan
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Meenan, James R.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionCowboy Poet Paul Zarzyski and Cowboy Singer-Composer Wylie Gustafson From Montana Poet Paul Zarzyski and singer-composer Wylie Gustafson perform at Coolidge Auditorium as part of the Homegrown Concert Series.
- Contributor: Zarzyski, Paul - Gustafson, Wylie - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2009-10-07
CollectionAlfred Easton Poor papers, Correspondence, writings, logbooks, subject files, publications, reports, appointment calendars, sketchbooks, photographs, and other papers pertaining primarily to Poor's architectural career, particularly his designs for public buildings. Includes materials relating to designs for ...
- Contributor: Poor, Alfred Easton
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb mafātīḥ al-raḥmah wa-asrār al-ḥikmah.
كتاب مفاتيح الرحمة و أسرار الحكمة. | Mafātīḥ al-ḥikmah. The ms. is in two parts. Part I, or Introduction by Ṭughrāʼī, and Part II, "From keys of wisdom" is by the Egyptian chemist Zosimos, translated into Arabic by al-Ṭughrāʼī. Part I ...
- Contributor: Ṭughrāʼī, Al-Ḥusayn Ibn ʻal
- Date: 17??
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Walter Mondale
- Contributor: Reuther, David E. - Mondale, Walter F.
- Date: 2004-04-27
CollectionBlair & Rives records, Chiefly letters received (1830-1850) together with business records, speeches, and printed matter. Correspondence relates primarily to national politics, selection of printers by the U.S. Congress, the rechartering of the United States Bank, ...
- Contributor: Blair & Rives
CollectionFrank Kameny papers, Correspondence, case files, legal records, organization records, subject files, printed matter, and other papers relating to Kameny's work as an activist, organizer, and counselor in the gay rights movement. Reflects the politicization ...
- Contributor: Kameny, Frank - Mattachine Society of Washington
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George F. Muller
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Muller, George F.
- Date: 1994-05-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth J. Harper
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Harper, Elizabeth J.
- Date: 1992-06-18
CollectionCourtney Letts de Espil papers, 1925-1994 Writer and wife of the Argentine ambassador to the United States (1933-1943). Correspondence, diaries, writings, clippings, photographs, and other papers concerning social affairs in Washington and including references to many prominent individuals ...
- Contributor: Letts De Espil, Courtney
- Date: 1925
CollectionDavid E. Finley papers, Correspondence, speeches, writings, subject files, financial records, family papers, printed matter, scrapbooks, and other papers relating chiefly to Finley's duties as special assistant to U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Andrew W. Mellon, ...
- Contributor: Finley, David E. (David Edward)
CollectionRaymond Clapper papers, 1908-1962 Journalist. Correspondence, memoranda, diaries and writings, notebooks, dispatches, press releases, radio scripts, reports, printed matter, scrapbooks, promotional matter, photographs, and reference material chiefly pertaining to the New Deal and World War II.
- Contributor: Clapper, Raymond
- Date: 1908
CollectionMiles-Cameron families correspondence, Chiefly correspondence addressed to Elizabeth Cameron, J.D. Cameron, Nelson Appleton Miles, and Sherman Miles relating primarily to personal affairs and to social life in Washington, D.C. Includes letters from many prominent individuals ...
- Contributor: Miles, Nelson Appleton
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with A. Lincoln Gordon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Spector, Melbourne L. - Gordon, A. Lincoln
- Date: 1988-01-12
CollectionHarold C. Fleming papers, Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, writings, annual reports, subject files, proposals, background material, news releases, pamphlets and booklets, biographical material, and other papers pertaining primarily to Fleming's work as executive vice president and president ...
- Contributor: Fleming, Harold C. - Gibson, James O. - Levin, Arthur J.
Manuscript/Mixed Material"The Woman Suffrage Movement." Address at the Bethel Literary and Historical Society, Washington, D. C. - ...
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick
View 4 Results
CollectionKiu Haghighi with Tooraj Moshref-Zadeh: Persian Santour and Tombak Music from Illinois Persian hammered dulcimer (santour) virtuoso Kiu Haghighi is accompanied by Tooraj Moshref-Zadeh on the tombak, a Persian drum.
- Contributor: Haghighi, Kiu - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2011-07-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harvey E. Gutman
- Contributor: Van Dyke, Stuart - Gutman, Harvey E.
- Date: 1997-08-26
CollectionAaron Copland collection The Aaron Copland collection consists of published and unpublished music by Copland and other composers, correspondence, writings, biographical material, datebooks, journals, professional papers including legal and financial material, photographs, awards, art work, ...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Copland, Aaron - Kraft, Victor
- Date: 2005
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialConversation with 18 year old black male, Washington, DC (Transcript)
- Contributor: Fasold, Ralph W. - Thompson, Alfred
- Date: 1968-04-18
View 7 Results
CollectionVinnie Ream and Richard Leveridge Hoxie papers, 1853-1937 Sculptor Vinnie Ream and her husband, army officer and engineer Richard L. Hoxie. Correspondence, memoranda, commissions, essays, poetry by Vinnie Ream and Albert Pike, reports, notebooks, biographical data, scrapbooks, clippings, printed material, ...
- Contributor: Ream, Vinnie
- Date: 1853
CollectionA Conversation with Stetson Kennedy Pioneering folklorist, social activist and writer Stetson Kennedy, of Jacksonville, Fla., discussed his long and wide-ranging career and explored the theme of "Building Democracy in America" in a lecture presented by the ...
- Contributor: Kennedy, Stetson - Bulger, Peggy A. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2005-05-24
CollectionHarold H. Greene papers, Correspondence, writings, reports, case material, opinions, orders, printed matter, and other papers relating to Greene's career in the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division and on the bench of the District ...
- Contributor: Greene, Harold H.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHādhā kitāb fatḥ al-tadāwī min jamīʻ al-amrāḍ wa-al-shakāwī /
هذا كتاب فتح التداوي من جميع الأمراض و الشكاوي / The text is a complete treatise on hygiene and diet and the art of preserving good health. It describes the nourishment of the parts of the human body as well as medical ...
- Contributor: Maghribī, Abū Saʻīd Ibn Ibrāhīm
- Date: 17??
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to John A. Lomax; Port Aransas, TX
- Contributor: Waters, Edward N. (Edward Neighbor)
- Date: 1939-02-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Anthony Kern
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Kern, Anthony
- Date: 1993-03-01
CollectionElihu Root papers, 1863-1937 United States secretary of state, secretary of war, United States senator from New York, and statesman. Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, notes, reports, subject files, financial papers, calendar and appointment books, invitations, and printed ...
- Contributor: Root, Elihu
- Date: 1863