Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb Dalāʼil al-khayrāt.
كتاب دلائل الخيرات. | Dilayil-khayrat = | Guide for the good Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available A collection of prayers for the Prophet, with a description of his tomb and his names.
- Contributor: Jazūlī, Muḥammad Ibn Sulaymān - Mawlawī, Muḥammad Ibn Ibrāhīm - Batchelder, John Davis - John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1772
Book/Printed MaterialSuwar al
سور الكواكب. Text is an excellent authority on Arabic names for the stars and constellations; includes depictions of celestial constellations. Persian note before beginning of text claims that this book written in 820 H , but the note probably dates from the 18th century when the book was rebound.
- Contributor: Ṣūfī, ʻabd Al-Raḥmān Ibn ʻumar
- Date: 1417
View 374 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialRisalah fi al
رسالة في البروج و المنازل : فرائد جوهرية في فوائد الميقاتية. | Farāyid jawharīyah fī fawāyid mīqātīyah Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Ms. Arabic Purchase of Mahmud al-Mansuri collection, 1945. Paper: yellowed cream, with watermarks, untrimmed, in moderate condition; brown stains on bottom of many leaves. Black ink on title page; black and red ink in text. Catchwords on rectos. Marginal notes. Library of Congress. Mansuri Collection, 5-783. Naskhī script; 19 lines in written ...
- Contributor: Budayrī, Muḥammad Ibn Muḥammad
- Date: 1831
View 73 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialKitab al
كتلب الجدول المبارك في علم الزمان و الفلك في حساب مداخل الأشهور العربية و الرومية / | Kitāb al-jadwāl al-mubārak fī ḥisāb madākhil al-ashhur al-ʻArabīyah wa-al-Rūmīyah li-ibn Jaḥḥāf The text is a popular exposition on the study of the order of events in time, and the order in which they occur, especially in those related to astronomical movements and the measurement of time. Note on fol. 2a in another hand says that the author was a famous astronomer during the reign of the Fatimid Caliph al-Ḥākim bi-ʼAmr Allāh (d. 411 AH/1021 AD). ...
- Contributor: Ibn Jaḥḥāf, Al-Ḥusayn Ibn Zayd Ibn ʻal
- Date: 1729
View 25 Pages
CollectionDo All Indians Live in Tipis? and Other Compelling Questions for Education Stereotypes, inaccuracies and inappropriate representations of Native Americans continue to abound in American society today. Reflecting on his 20 years of experience working in the field of American Indian education, the Edwin Schupman explores examples, causes and implications of the current state of awareness about Native peoples and issues.
- Contributor: Schupman, Edwin - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-08-05
CollectionMajor League Tassa Major League Tassa performs Indo-Caribbean drumming and dance from Queens, New York, as part of the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Tassa, Major League - Major League Tassa (Performing Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2008-01-31
CollectionOld Cultures/New Contexts: Presenting the Traditional Music and Dance of Urban Immigrant Communities Ethnographer and performer Ethel Raim, co-founder and artistic director of New York's celebrated Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD), discusses her five decades of work with community-based traditional artists in urban America. Beginning at a time when to most Americans "folk music" was practically synonymous with rural and Anglo-Saxon, Raim built on her own interests in Balkan music and dance to document and ...
- Contributor: Raim, Ethel - Groce, Nancy - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-06-20
CollectionMerita Halili and the Raif Hyseni Orchestra Merita Halili and the Raif Hyseni Orchestra perform Albanian music from New York, celebrating 40 years of the Center for Traditional Music and Dance, as part of the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Halili, Merita - Hyseni, Raif - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2008-06-19
CollectionThe Zionaires The Zionaires perform gospel music from Maryland and Delaware, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: The Zionaires - Zionaires (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2008-07-24
CollectionCultural Heritage Archives Symposium Session 2 In Session 2 of the symposium, a panel discusses archival description. The Cultural Heritage Archives symposium aims to energize the discussion of ethnographic archival thought and practice by presenting fresh and dynamic strategies for contemporary archival realities. It will also provide a forum for new voices to present and discuss emerging archival initiatives as well as case studies focused on several key topics for ...
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (Kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-26