Format Manuscripts/Mixed Material
Kitāb Dalāʼil al-khayrāt. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available
A collection of prayers for the Prophet, with a description of his tomb and his names.
- Contributor: Jazūlī, Muḥammad Ibn Sulaymān - Mawlawī, Muḥammad Ibn Ibrāhīm - Batchelder, John Davis - John Davis Batchelder Collection (library of Congress)
- Date: 1772
Text is an excellent authority on Arabic names for the stars and constellations; includes depictions of celestial constellations. Persian note before beginning of text claims that this book written in 820 H , but the note probably dates from the 18th century when the book was rebound.
- Contributor: Ṣūfī, ʻabd Al-Raḥmān Ibn ʻumar
- Date: 1417
Look inside: 374 results
Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Ms. Arabic Purchase of Mahmud al-Mansuri collection, 1945. Paper: yellowed cream, with watermarks, untrimmed, in moderate condition; brown stains on bottom of many leaves. Black ink on title page; black and red ink in text. Catchwords on rectos. Marginal notes. Library of Congress. Mansuri Collection, 5-783. Naskhī script; 19 lines in written ...
- Contributor: Budayrī, Muḥammad Ibn Muḥammad
- Date: 1831
Look inside: 73 results
The text is a popular exposition on the study of the order of events in time, and the order in which they occur, especially in those related to astronomical movements and the measurement of time. Note on fol. 2a in another hand says that the author was a famous astronomer during the reign of the Fatimid Caliph al-Ḥākim bi-ʼAmr Allāh (d. 411 AH/1021 AD). ...
- Contributor: Ibn Jaḥḥāf, Al-Ḥusayn Ibn Zayd Ibn ʻal
- Date: 1729
Look inside: 25 results
In Session 2 of the symposium, a panel discusses archival description. The Cultural Heritage Archives symposium aims to energize the discussion of ethnographic archival thought and practice by presenting fresh and dynamic strategies for contemporary archival realities. It will also provide a forum for new voices to present and discuss emerging archival initiatives as well as case studies focused on several key topics for ...
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-26