[قرآن] Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Ms. In Arabic. Title supplied by cataloger. Gift of Charles C. McVicker. Paper: smooth yellowed cream with no visible watermarks; the first two pages and colophon are elaborately illuminated in green, blue and red on gold background; borders are gold, blue and red; titles of individual sūrahs in gold; verses separed by...
- Contributor: Ṣāfī, Aḥmad Rashīd - Balawī, Ibrāhīm Adʹham Gharbaldah - McVicker, Charles C.
- Date: 18??
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb Dalāʼil al-khayrāt.
كتاب دلائل الخيرات. | Dilayil-khayrat = | Guide for the good Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available A collection of prayers for the Prophet, with a description of his tomb and his names.
- Contributor: Jazūlī, Muḥammad Ibn Sulaymān - Mawlawī, Muḥammad Ibn Ibrāhīm - Batchelder, John Davis - John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1772
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialPādishāhnāmah. Contains a biography of Shāhjahān from his birth through the first 10 years of his reign by Qazvīnī. This work is followed by the second and third parts of Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh's ʻAmāl-i Ṣāliḥ's history, starting with the 11th year of Shāhjahān's reign and including the wars of succession and his death. Cf, the similar composite manuscript ms. no. 566 in Bankipore, Bengal. Oriental...
- Contributor: Muḥammad Amīn Ibn Abī Al-Ḥusayn Qazvīn - Muḥammad Ṣāliḥ Kambūh - Muqīm, Muḥammad - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
View 1058 Results
Book/Printed MaterialSuwar al
سور الكواكب. Text is an excellent authority on Arabic names for the stars and constellations; includes depictions of celestial constellations. Persian note before beginning of text claims that this book written in 820 H , but the note probably dates from the 18th century when the book was rebound.
- Contributor: Ṣūfī, ʻabd Al-Raḥmān Ibn ʻumar
- Date: 1417
View 374 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialRisalah fi al
رسالة في البروج و المنازل : فرائد جوهرية في فوائد الميقاتية. | Farāyid jawharīyah fī fawāyid mīqātīyah Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Ms. Arabic Purchase of Mahmud al-Mansuri collection, 1945. Paper: yellowed cream, with watermarks, untrimmed, in moderate condition; brown stains on bottom of many leaves. Black ink on title page; black and red ink in text. Catchwords on rectos. Marginal notes. Library of Congress. Mansuri Collection, 5-783. Naskhī script; 19 lines in written...
- Contributor: Budayrī, Muḥammad Ibn Muḥammad
- Date: 1831
View 73 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialKitab al
كتلب الجدول المبارك في علم الزمان و الفلك في حساب مداخل الأشهور العربية و الرومية / | Kitāb al-jadwāl al-mubārak fī ḥisāb madākhil al-ashhur al-ʻArabīyah wa-al-Rūmīyah li-ibn Jaḥḥāf The text is a popular exposition on the study of the order of events in time, and the order in which they occur, especially in those related to astronomical movements and the measurement of time. Note on fol. 2a in another hand says that the author was a famous astronomer during the reign of the Fatimid Caliph al-Ḥākim bi-ʼAmr Allāh (d. 411 AH/1021 AD)....
- Contributor: Ibn Jaḥḥāf, Al-Ḥusayn Ibn Zayd Ibn ʻal
- Date: 1729
View 25 Pages
CollectionCultural Heritage Archives Symposium Session 2 In Session 2 of the symposium, a panel discusses archival description. The Cultural Heritage Archives symposium aims to energize the discussion of ethnographic archival thought and practice by presenting fresh and dynamic strategies for contemporary archival realities. It will also provide a forum for new voices to present and discuss emerging archival initiatives as well as case studies focused on several key topics for...
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'Neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (Kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-26