CollectionJames Dudley Morgan collection of Digges-L'Enfant-Morgan papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, accounts, commissions, notes, and other papers relating to Pierre Charles L'Enfant's career as an architect-engineer and to his personal and family life. Includes material concerning the design of the city of Washington and the conflict between L'Enfant and commissioners Daniel Carroll, Thomas Jefferson, and Thomas Johnson. Also includes material pertaining to the Society of the Cincinnati, the Society for Establishing Useful Manufactures, Robert ...
- Contributor: Morgan, James Dudley - Digges, Thomas Attwood - Digges, William Dudley - L'enfant, Pierre Charles
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marion H. Smoak
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Smoak, Marion H.
- Date: 1988-02-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Wallace W. Littell
- Contributor: Martens, Robert J. - Littell, Wallace W.
- Date: 1992-10-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Harvey F. Nelson Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Nelson, Harvey F., Jr.
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionTheo. A. Bingham papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Newspaper clippings, photographs, and other papers relating to official functions at the White House; the assassination of William McKinley (1901); the visit of Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1902); and the unveiling of a statue of Jean-Baptiste-Donatien de Vimeur, comte de Rochambeau, in Washington, D.C. (1902).
- Contributor: Bingham, Theo. A. (Theodore Alfred)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donna Hersey Sandin
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Sandin, Donna Hersey
- Date: 1990-07-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charles J. Nelson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Nelson, Charles J. (Charles Joseph)
- Date: 1991-11-18
CollectionDecoration Day in the Mountains Decoration Day is a late spring or summer tradition that involves cleaning community cemeteries, decorating them with flowers, holding religious services in cemeteries, and having dinner on the ground. These commemorations seem to predate the post-Civil-War celebrations that ultimately gave us our national Memorial Day. Little has been written about this tradition, but it is still practiced widely throughout the Upland South, from North ...
- Contributor: Jabbour, Alan - Jabbour, Karen Singer - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2011-07-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lawrence P. Taylor
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Taylor, Lawrence P.
- Date: 1988-04-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Clarence Swift Gulick
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Gulick, Clarence Swift
- Date: 1996-02-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harvey Feldman
- Contributor: Dillery, Carl Edward - Feldman, Harvey
- Date: 1999-03-11
CollectionJohn Spalding Flannery papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Chiefly records from McKenney, Flannery & Craighill, the Washington, D.C., law firm in which Flannery was a principal partner. Includes material relating to the firm's representation of American Indian tribes in legal actions against the federal government and legal files pertaining to clients Oliver Wendell Holmes, Charles Evans Hughes, and Wendell W. Mischler (relating to President William H. Taft for whom he was secretary). ...
- Contributor: Flannery, John Spalding - McKenney, Flannery & Craighill
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLes Bon Hommes du Nord
American Folklife Center concert, 2012-08-08 | Les Bon Hommes du Nord : French-Canadian fiddle music & songs from New Hampshire | Les Bon Hommes du Nord : Franco-American and French-Canadian music from New Hampshire | Homegrown 2012, the music of America Video recording and photographs of a concert in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress on August 8, 2012 as part of the Homegrown concert series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. The event featured French Canadian fiddle tunes and songs performed by four musicians, Patrick Ross, Jean Nil Theroux, Dalton Binette, and Bow Thayer, who hail from the northernmost area of New Hampshire, adjacent ...
- Contributor: Ross, Patrick - Theroux, Jean Nil - Binette, Dalton - Thayer, Bow - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.) - Millennium Stage
- Date: 2012
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador David C. Miller Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Miller, David C., Jr.
- Date: 2003-01-06
CollectionWaddy B. Wood papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, writings, speeches, contracts, and other papers pertaining chiefly to Wood's career as an architect and designer in Washington, D.C. Documents his work on the Department of the Interior Building and other projects, involvement in the American Institute of Architects, and affiliation with the Democratic Party. Correspondents include Frederic Adrian Delano, Cass Gilbert, Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue, Harold L. Ickes, Frances Benjamin Johnston, Andrew W. ...
- Contributor: Wood, Waddy (Waddy Butler)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialGeneral Accounts, 1872-1903 and Undated - Folder 1 of 5
- Contributor: Douglass, Helen - Douglass, Frederick
- Date: 1872
View 56 Results
CollectionLucian Barbour papers, 1838-1977 Lawyer and United States representative from Indiana. Correspondence, diaries, financial records, photographs, printed matter, and miscellany consisting primarily of family correspondence relating to domestic affairs and life in Indianapolis, Indiana, and Barbour’s service in the 34th Congress.
- Contributor: Barbour, Lucian
- Date: 1838
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Phyllis E. Oakley
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Oakley, Phyllis
- Date: 2000-03-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dayton S. Mak
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Mak, Dayton S.
- Date: 1989-08-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Henry Loomis
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Loomis, Henry
- Date: 1989-02-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Sallie Smoot Lewis
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Lewis, Sallie Smoot
- Date: 1989-05-24
CollectionSir George Cockburn papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, logbooks, journals, fleet orders, reports, and other papers relating to Cockburn's career in the British Royal Navy. Subjects include the War of 1812 and British naval activities against France and Spain, especially in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, and Indian Ocean. Documents Horatio Nelson's Mediterranean exploits; the attempt to rescue King Ferdinand VII, King of Spain; destruction of the Danish navy (Søværnet) in 1801; the ...
- Contributor: Cockburn, George