CollectionTommy Sands with Moya and Fionan Sands in Concert Tommy Sands, with his daughter Moya and son Fionan, performed in concert as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress. This event was co-sponsored by the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and the American Folklife Center. The Arts Council of Northern Ireland is the lead development agency for the arts in Northern Ireland. It is the main support for ...
- Contributor: Sands, Tommy - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-10-09
CollectionRobert Mills papers, 1804-1862 Architect and engineer. Correspondence, bills, receipts, plans, drawings, sketches, reports, notebooks, and printed matter relating mainly to Mills's designs for public buildings in Washington, D.C., and to his duties as architect of the Capitol.
- Contributor: Mills, Robert
- Date: 1804
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialWorking in Washington
- Contributor: Raphel, Arnold Lewis
- Date: 1986-10-02
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMargaret Bayard Smith Papers: Family Correspondence, 1789-1842; Smith, Samuel Harrison (husband); 1797, June-Dec.
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard
- Date: 1797-06-01
View 188 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Seymour Olmsted
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Morin, Ann Miller - Olmsted, Mary Seymour
- Date: 1985-06-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charlotte Loris
- Contributor: Kraus, Max W. - Loris, Charlotte
- Date: 1989-06-08
CollectionPinkerton's National Detective Agency records, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, essays and other writings, reports, notes, police and prison records, code books, criminal rosters, exhibition texts, legal documents, biographical and genealogical records, procedural guidelines and training manuals, financial records, card indexes, photographs, reward notices, wanted posters, illustrations, maps, and other records chiefly documenting the work of the private detective agency for clients in business and industry. Includes papers of Pinkerton family members ...
- Contributor: Pinkerton's National Detective Agency - Bangs, George H. - Pinkerton, Allan - Pinkerton, Robert A. - Pinkerton, Robert A. (Robert Allan) - Pinkerton, William A. (William Allan)
CollectionL. Quincy Mumford papers, 1939-1982 Librarian of Congress. Correspondence, writings, bibliographical material, committee reports, congressional bills, reports, newspaper clippings, and photographs relating to Mumford’s career as a librarian.
- Contributor: Mumford, L. Quincy (Lawrence Quincy) - Mumford, L. Quincy
- Date: 1939
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Allen B. Moreland
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Moreland, Allen
- Date: 1989-11-08
CollectionMiles-Cameron families correspondence, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Chiefly correspondence addressed to Elizabeth Cameron, J.D. Cameron, Nelson Appleton Miles, and Sherman Miles relating primarily to personal affairs and to social life in Washington, D.C. Includes letters from many prominent individuals in national and international diplomatic, military, and political circles during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. Correspondents of the Cameron, Miles, and allied Sherman families include Simon Cameron, Yulee Noble Miles, ...
- Contributor: Miles, Nelson Appleton
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth Ann Swift
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Swift, Elizabeth Ann
- Date: 1992-12-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arthur Mead
- Contributor: Ioanes, Raymond Andrew - Mead, Arthur
- Date: 1994-09-20
CollectionThe Quebe Sisters Band: Texas Fiddle & Swing Concert by the Quebe Sisters Band, composed of Grace, Sophia and Hulda Quebe (pronounced Kway-bee), who all sing and play the fiddle, and the Clark twins, Penny Lea (guitar and mandolin) and Katy Lou (banjo, piano and accordion). They perform a refreshing blend of Texas-style fiddling, vintage country, bluegrass and jazz and swing standards.
- Contributor: Quebe Sisters Band - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2014-08-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb Dalāʼil al-khayrāt.
كتاب دلائل الخيرات. | Delayel-al-Khayrat, or Supplications and religious Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Islamic prayers and devotions.
- Contributor: Jazūlī, Muḥammad Ibn Sulaymān
CollectionPaul J. Pelz papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, reports, testimonials, printed matter, pictorial representations of buildings, drawings, photographs, and other papers relating to the planning and construction of the Library of Congress Jefferson Building and other buildings. Documents the claims of Pelz and John L. Smithmeyer against the federal government for architectural fees for the Library. Includes material concerning Pelz's investment in the Honduras Aurora Mining Company and other Latin ...
- Contributor: Pelz, Paul J. - Library of Congress
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Richard W. Teare
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Teare, Richard W.
- Date: 1998-07-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Esther Peterson
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Meyers, Hope Macbride - Peterson, Esther
- Date: 1989-12-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb al-itqān fī ʻulūm al-Qurʼān lil-Shaykh al-Imām al-ʻĀlim al-ʻAllāmah Jalāl al-Dīn al-Asyūṭī.
كتاب الاتقان في علوم القران للشيخ الامام العالم العلامة جلال الدين الاسيوطي. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Treatise on the study of the Qurʼan its methodology.
- Contributor: Suy
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John E. Graves
- Contributor: Jackson, Richard L. - Graves, John E.
- Date: 1999-01-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Howard G. DeLong
- Contributor: Groce, Claude Cliff - Delong, Howard G.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHādhihi Ḥāshīyat al-Shaykh al-Imām al-ʻĀlim al-ʻAllāmah Aḥmad al-Shāfiʻī al-Janājī al-Mālikī ʻalá Sharḥ Shaykh al-Islām Zakarīyā al-Anṣārī ʻalá al-Muqniʻ li-ibn al-Hāʼim fī ʻilm al-jabr wa-al-muqābalah ...
هذه حاشية الشيخ الإمام العالم العلامة أحمد الشافعي الجناجي المالكي على شرح شيخ الإسلام زكريا الأنصاري على المقنع لإبن الهائم في علم الجبر والمقابلة ... Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Text is a commentary on Zakarīyā al-Anṣārī's commentary on the mathematical assumptions addressed by Ibn al-Hāʼim in al-Muqniʻ on the algebraic equality and inequality of functions.
- Contributor: Janājī, Aḥmad Muḥammad
- Date: 1888