Format Manuscripts/Mixed Material
Results: 76-100 of 2,161 | Refined by: Original Format: Manuscripts/Mixed Material Remove Location: Washington D.C. Remove
CollectionHarold M. Stephens papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, diaries, speeches, writings, legal records, legislation, biographical papers, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Stephens's career as a judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals (District of Columbia Circuit) and prosecuting attorney and judge in Utah and to U.S. courts and the judicial system. Documents Stephens's service as assistant attorney general of the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division and his ...
- Contributor: Stephens, Harold M. (Harold Montelle) - Cummings, Homer S. (Homer Stillé) - Holman, Frank E. (Frank Ezekiel) - United States. Special Industrial Recovery Board
CollectionGridiron Club (Washington, D.C.) records, 1885-1988 Journalistic organization founded in 1885. Correspondence, writings, club records, membership books, autograph albums, dinner programs and menus, financial records, newspaper clippings, printed matter, scrapbooks, slides, photographs, and other records relating primarily to the club's annual dinner hosting members of the press, the president, and other elected officials and political figures.
- Contributor: Gridiron Club (Washington, D.C.)
- Date: 1885
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen Low
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Zartman, I. William - Shellenberger, Jack - Low, Stephen
- Date: 1988-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard H. Solomon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Solomon, Richard H.
- Date: 1996-09-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Frank D. Loy
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Loy, Frank D.
- Date: 1996-07-25
CollectionMyrtilla Miner papers, 1825-1960 Educator. Correspondence, school essays, notes, clippings, printed matter, an unfinished biography of Miner by Lester Grosvenor Wells, and other papers relating to the Normal School for Colored Girls in Washington, D.C., slavery, the Civil War, feminism, and spiritualism.
- Contributor: Miner, Myrtilla
- Date: 1825
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Norman W. Getsinger
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Getsinger, Norman W.
- Date: 2000-01-19
CollectionAaron Copland collection The Aaron Copland collection consists of published and unpublished music by Copland and other composers, correspondence, writings, biographical material, datebooks, journals, professional papers including legal and financial material, photographs, awards, art work, and books. Of particular interest is the correspondence with Nadia Boulanger, which extent over 50 years, and with his long-time friend, Harold Clurman. Other significant correspondents are Leonard Bernstein, Paul Bowles, Benjamin ...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Copland, Aaron - Kraft, Victor
- Date: 2005
CollectionCheick Hamala Diabate Ensemble concert, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Video recording, sound recording, and photographs of a concert in the Whittall Pavilion, Thomas Jefferson Building, Library of Congress on March 23, 2016 as part of the Homegrown concert series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. Cheick Hamala Diabate is a West African historian in the Griot tradition, a sought after performer, lecturer, storyteller, and choreographer. Diabate was born into a griot family in ...
- Contributor: Diabate, Cheick Hamala - Ngwa, Joseph - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Music Division - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2016
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Howard H. Lange
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lange, Howard H.
- Date: 2000-06-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Brooks Wrampelmeier
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wrampelmeier, Brooks
- Date: 2000-03-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Jay P. Moffat
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Moffat, Jay P.
- Date: 1989-11-15
CollectionIrving R. Levine papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, notebooks and notes, transcripts of interviews, radio and television scripts, news commentaries, articles, speeches, book drafts, background and research material, and other papers documenting Levine's career as a broadcast journalist and news commentator. Includes material on his assignments as chief correspondent for NBC News in Moscow (1955-1959), Rome (1960-1967, 1968-1970), and London (1967-1968), as chief economics correspondent, Washington, D.C. (1971-1995), and as ...
- Contributor: Levine, Irving R.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Philip H. Trezise
- Contributor: Armstrong, Willis C. - Trezise, Philip H.
- Date: 1989-05-17
CollectionSayles Jenks Bowen papers, 1836-1882 Public official and mayor of Washington, D.C. Family and general correspondence and business and legal papers, chiefly 1876-1882. Topics include the elections of 1876 and 1880, the presidential administration of Rutherford Birchard Hayes, and political support for James Gillespie Blaine, James A. Garfield, and Chester A. Arthur.
- Contributor: Bowen, Sayles Jenks
- Date: 1836
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stuart P. Lillico
- Contributor: Hogan, John - Lillico, Stuart P.
- Date: 1988-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Erland Heginbotham
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Heginbotham, Erland
- Date: 1996-10-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David Rybak
- Contributor: Pavich, Frank - Rybak, David
- Date: 1998-07-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Anna Romanski
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Romanski, Anna
- Date: 2005-06-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb al-jadwal fī al-ḥisāb al-sinīn al-ʻArabīyah wa-al-Rūmīyah /
كتاب الجدول في الحساب السنين العربية و الرومية / Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The text is a treatise on using the solar and lunar systems to calculate the months. It includes tables showing the correspondence of the Arabic and Christian years with a preface and it explains the positions and movement of the sun and the moon, and the discrepancies of the dates. Poem on fol. 14b and 15a.
- Contributor: Thābitī, Muḥammad Ibn ʻabd Al-Laṭīf.
- Date: 18??
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cynthia Chard
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Chard, Cynthia
- Date: 2010-00-00