Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William A. Weingarten
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Weingarten, William A.
- Date: 1999-07-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Henry Reiter Webb Jr.
- Contributor: Ioanes, Raymond Andrew - Webb, Henry Reiter, Jr.
- Date: 1994-05-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMemoir of Virginia Hamill Biddle
- Contributor: Biddle, Virginia Hamill
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Faith Ryan Whittlesey
- Contributor: Morin, Ann Miller - Whittlesey, Faith Ryan
- Date: 1988-12-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edward H. Wilkinson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wilkinson, Edward H.
- Date: 2002-04-05
CollectionDance Battle with Urban Artistry
American Folklife Center concert, 2017-02-22 | Dance Battle with Urban Artistry | Homegrown 2017, the music of America Urban Artistry performers shared the rich traditions of their cultural communities in a series of dance battles, set to the beats of DJ Baronhawk Poitier. Urban Artistry founder and director Junious Brickhouse served as emcee.
- Contributor: American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Music Division - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2017-02-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Kellogg Rice
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Rice, Mary Kellogg
- Date: 1991-01-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Samuel S. Rea
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Rea, Samuel S.
- Date: 1998-04-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Edmund James Hull
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Hull, Edmund James
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionThe Will to Adorn: Reflections on African American Identity and the Aesthetics of Dress
Benjamin Botkin folklife lecture | American Folklife Center lecture, 2013-01-30 Diana N'Diaye shares stories, observations, and insights from "The Will to Adorn," a community-centered research and public presentation project, which explores and examines the diversity of African American cultural identities as expressed through traditional arts of the body, dress, and adornment.
- Contributor: N'diaye, Diana - N'diaye, Diana Baird - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-01-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with A. Lincoln Gordon
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Spector, Melbourne L. - Gordon, A. Lincoln
- Date: 1988-01-12
CollectionTim Tingle & D.J. Battiest-Tomasi
American Folklife Center concert, 2011-06-29 | Tim Tingle & D.J. Battiest-Tomasi | D. J. Battiest-Tomasi and Tim Tingle : Oklahoma Choctaw storytellers and flute players | Homegrown 2011, the music of America Both D.J. Battiest-Tomasi and Tim Tingle are enrolled as members of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and regularly participate in tribal events. Both also share relatives who came on the Trail of Tears from the original Choctaw homelands in Mississippi. They speak Choctaw as a part of their performances. They normally perform individually, but have been asked to perform together on this occasion.
- Contributor: Tingle, Tim - Battiest-Tomasi, D. J. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2011-06-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard McKee
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McKee, Richard
- Date: 2003-05-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cynthia S. Perry
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Perry, Cynthia Shepard
- Date: 1999-03-21
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Vladimir I. Toumanoff
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Toumanoff, Vladimir I.
- Date: 1999-06-18
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador William Andreas Brown
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Brown, William Andreas
- Date: 1998-11-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edward Alexander
- Contributor: Tuch, Hans N. - Alexander, Edward
- Date: 1988-07-26
CollectionCoffeehouses: Folk Music, Culture & Counterculture
Coffeehouses: folk music, culture & counterculture | Benjamin Botkin Folklife lecture | American Folklife Center lecture, 2014-04-11 | American Folklife Center symposium, 2014-04-11 Since the 1950s, the history of the American folk music revival has been intertwined with the rise of coffeehouses and coffeehouse culture. This forum brings together notable coffeehouse producer Betsy Siggins from Boston's legendary Club 47, Caffe Lena History Project Founder and Producer Jocelyn Arem, filmmaker and documentarian Todd Kwait, and Baltimore-based performer and "open mic" organizer Rob Hinkal to explore folk music coffeehouses,...
- Contributor: Arem, Jocelyn - Hinkal, Rob - Groce, Nancy - Kwait, Todd - Siggins, Betsy - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2014-04-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Constance J. Freeman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Freeman, Constance J.
- Date: 1996-08-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Keith L. Wauchope
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Wauchope, Keith L.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cyrus R. Vance
- Contributor: Mulhollan, Paige E. - Vance, Cyrus R. (Cyrus Roberts)
- Date: 1969-11-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David Jickling
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Jickling, David L.
- Date: 1998-09-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Charles Stuart Kennedy
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Wolf, Victor, Jr. - Grove, Brandon H., Jr. - Kennedy, Charles Stuart
- Date: 1986-11-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Hannah Greeley Kaiser
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Kaiser, Hannah Greeley
- Date: 1987-12-04