Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John A. Bushnell
- Contributor: Harter, John - Bushnell, John A.
- Date: 1997-12-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialWorking in Washington
- Contributor: Raphel, Arnold Lewis
- Date: 1986-10-02
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen Paterson Belcher
- Contributor: O'brien, John R. - Belcher, Stephen Paterson
- Date: 1988-09-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Geoffrey W. Chapman
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Chapman, Geoffrey W.
- Date: 2005-03-18
CollectionNorth American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection John Moulden, singer and author from Ulster, presented a lecture titled "North American Influence on a North Ireland Song Collection" as part of the Rediscover Northern Ireland Program at the Library of Congress co-sponsored by the American Folklife Center and The Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure/Arts Council of Northern Ireland. Included in his lecture was discussion of the Sam Henry Collection, the largest ...
- Contributor: Moulden, John - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Arts Council of Northern Ireland - Northern Ireland. Department of Culture, Arts & Leisure
- Date: 2007-05-02
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Theresa A. Tull
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tull, Theresa A.
- Date: 2004-11-09
CollectionMajor League Tassa Major League Tassa performs Indo-Caribbean drumming and dance from Queens, New York, as part of the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Tassa, Major League - Major League Tassa (Performing Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2008-01-31
CollectionLaborlore Keynote Address Nick Spitzer presents a talk titled "In Katrina's Wake: The Building Trades in New Orleans." This presentation focuses on the historical and contemporary relationships of skilled building trades workers in New Orleans to the musical and visual culture of their place. Interviews with veteran workers in the local music and work communities point to the resilience and creative spirit of New Orleans communities as ...
- Contributor: Spitzer, Nick - Alvarez, Maribel L - Ardery, Julia S. - Cannon, Hal - Dickens, Hazel - Eff, Elaine - Fleischhauer, Carl - Glaser-Church, Susan - Johnson, Paula J. - Lane, James "petey," ... Spitzer, Nick - Alvarez, Maribel L - Ardery, Julia S. - Cannon, Hal - Dickens, Hazel - Eff, Elaine - Fleischhauer, Carl - Glaser-Church, Susan - Johnson, Paula J. - Lane, James "petey," - Lewis, Anne - McCarl, Robert - McNeil, Bryan T. - Munoz, Michael S. - Purkey, Elaine - Roediger, David R. - Seeger, Mike - Spitzer, Nicholas R. - Wilson, Joe - Archie Green Fund for Labor Culture & History - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2007-08-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Michael Pistor
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Pistor, Michael
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialSermon by Pastor John Mack
- Contributor: Mack, John
- Date: 2001-09-30
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Phyllis Freeman
- Contributor: Meyers, Hope Macbride - Freeman, Phyllis
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with L. Michael Rives
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Rives, L. Michael
- Date: 1995-07-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Harold Spivacke to John A. Lomax, General Delivery, Raiford, FL
- Contributor: Spivacke, Harold
- Date: 1939-05-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert J. Ryan Sr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Ryan, Robert J.
- Date: 1991-11-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John W. Kimball
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kimball, John W.
- Date: 1999-05-24
CollectionDog Tags: History, Stories & Folklore of Military Identification The 100th anniversary of the official use of American personal identity tags, affectionately known as "dog tags," recently passed without fanfare. Dog tags are highly personal items to warriors of every service and to their families as well. Each dog tag carries its own human-interest story. The acts of receiving the dog tag, hanging it around the neck, and feeling it against the body ...
- Contributor: Cucolo, Ginger
- Date: 2012-01-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John E. Kelley
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kelley, John E.
- Date: 1996-05-21
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Russell Sveda
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Sveda, Russell
- Date: 2000-06-28
CollectionAmuma Says No: Traditional and Contemporary Basque Music from Idaho Amuma Says No plays Basque music in a concert at the Library of Congress
- Contributor: Amuma Says No - Gambliel, Maria Carmen - Amumu Says No (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2010-07-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with J. Richard Bock
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bock, J. Richard
- Date: 2002-05-15
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dwight J. Porter
- Contributor: Torbert, Horace G. (Horace Gates) - Porter, Dwight J.
- Date: 1990-11-05
CollectionCultural Heritage Archives Symposium Session 1 Cultural heritage archives serve as valuable repositories of memory and knowledge that document the ongoing community-based creativity of individuals and groups. During the past decade, there has been an increasing acknowledgement of the value and power of developing such archives at all levels, from very local and informal collections to large national and international repositories. Part one of this symposium included a keynote address ...
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (Kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to James H. Hackett from Abraham Lincoln, August 17, 1863.
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham
- Date: 1863-08-17
View 4 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Margaret D. Tutwiler
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Tutwiler, Margaret D.
- Date: 1999-05-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMemoir of Virginia Hamill Biddle
- Contributor: Biddle, Virginia Hamill
- Date: 2011-00-00