CollectionFrank Maloy Anderson papers, circa 1895-circa 1961 Author, historian, and educator. Correspondence, memorabilia, and research notes for Anderson’s books, articles, lectures, and classes, especially in preparation for an unfinished study of the secession crisis, "The Two Hundred Days of 1860-1861."
- Contributor: Anderson, Frank Maloy
- Date: 1895
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ann Miller Morin
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Morin, Ann Miller
- Date: 1988-06-21
CollectionMartin Van Buren Papers, 1787 to 1910 The Martin Van Buren Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains more than 6,000 items dating from 1787 to circa 1910. The bulk of the material dates from the 1820s, when Van Buren (1782-1862) was a U.S. senator from New York, through his service as secretary of state and vice president in the Andrew Jackson administrations (1829-1837), ...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin - Van Buren, John
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James W.S. Spain
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Spain, James W. (James William)
- Date: 1995-10-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Cole Blasier
- Contributor: Moffat, Peter - Blasier, Cole
- Date: 2002-01-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Horace G. Torbert
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Torbert, Horace G. (Horace Gates)
- Date: 1988-08-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George Allen Morgan
- Contributor: Lowrie, Arthur L. - Morgan, George Allen
- Date: 1989-12-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph A. Mendenhall
- Contributor: Torbert, Horace G. (Horace Gates) - Mendenhall, Joseph A.
- Date: 1991-02-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Michael Newlin
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Newlin, Michael H.
- Date: 1997-10-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Beauveau B. Nalle
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Nalle, Beauveau
- Date: 1994-04-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Edward Gabriel
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Gabriel, Edward
- Date: 2010-00-00
CollectionLyman Bryson papers, 1893-1978 Radio and televison broadcaster, author, and educator. Correspondence, diaries, memoranda, articles, lectures, writings, transcripts of broadcasts, subject files, business and financial records, biographical material, appointment books, newspaper clippings, and other papers documenting Bryson's public relations work for the American National Red Cross and the League of Red Cross Societies following World War I, his subsequent work in adult education, and his role in developing ...
- Contributor: Bryson, Lyman
- Date: 1893
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Nancy Ostrander
- Contributor: Morin, Ann Miller - Ostrander, Nancy
- Date: 1986-05-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Edward L. Peck
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Peck, Edward L.
- Date: 1989-06-29
CollectionNicholas King family papers, 1792-1987 Family of Nicholas King, English-born engineer and surveyor of the city of Washington, D.C. Journals, correspondence, notes, genealogies, visas, photographs, and drawings concerning King and members of his family.
- Contributor: King, N. (Nicholas) - King, N.
- Date: 1792
CollectionJoseph Kingsbury-Smith papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, writings, wire-service reports, transcribed interviews and phone calls, notes on conversations, background files, biographical material, family papers, financial records, clippings, printed matter, photographs, and other papers relating to Kingsbury-Smith's career with Hearst Corporation and to his personal relationship with the Hearst family, in particular William Randolph Hearst, Jr. Other family members represented include Austine McDonnell Hearst, Millicent Willson Hearst, Patricia (Patty) Hearst, and ...
- Contributor: Kingsbury-Smith, Joseph
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John A. Cushing
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Cushing, John A.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Michael Newlin
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Newlin, Michael H.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George Lambrakis
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lambrakis, George
- Date: 2002-06-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Walter B. Smith II
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Smith, Walter , II
- Date: 1993-05-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robin Berrington
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Berrington, Robin
- Date: 2011-00-00
CollectionMira Lloyd Dock papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, printed matter, clippings, photographs, maps, and other papers pertaining primarily to Dock's involvement in conservation, forestry, forestry education, and horticulture in Pennsylvania and elsewhere in the U.S. as well as in England and Germany. Documents her work with the General Federation of Women's Clubs, Pennsylvania State Forestry Reservation Commission, and State Federation of Pennsylvania Women. Subjects include Arbor Day; John G. Bartram; forest ...
- Contributor: Dock, Mira Lloyd
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Anthony Quainton
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Quainton, Anthony C. E.
- Date: 1997-11-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Esther Peterson
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Meyers, Hope Macbride - Peterson, Esther
- Date: 1989-12-04
CollectionDwight D. Eisenhower papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Copy of Eisenhower's appointment as general of the army (1944), copy of proclamations of military rule in Austria and Germany made by Eisenhower as supreme commander of Allied Forces (1945), annotated typescript of "Summary of Operations in Northwest Europe" (1946), letter to William E. Brooks concerning Brooks's book on Ulysses S. Grant, copy of inaugural address and prayer (1953), draft copy of speech on ...
- Contributor: Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David)