CollectionNot the Same Old(Folk) Song and Dance: Field Recordings in the European Communities of the United States videorecording | videorecording; 52 min | Benjamin Botkin Lecture Series. (Source). July 27, 2006. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Barton, Matthew - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2006
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialA report on the crisis in the Catholic Church in the United States / Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available "February 27, 2004." "Purpose of the Report is to share the Review Board's findings and recommendations based upon its evaluation of the current crisis. Those findings seek to describe the problem and to address two fundamental questions posed by it. First, why did individuals with a disposition to prey sexually upon minors gain admission to the priesthood? Second, how did they manage to remain ...
- Contributor: Catholic Church. National Review Board for the Protection of Children and Young People
- Date: 2004
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialThe Cuban rafter phenomenon a unique sea exodus /
Welcome to the Cuban rafter phenomenon Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available In English and Spanish. In this digital archive you can explore the experiences of tens of thousands of citizens who have left Cuba in small boats, homemade rafts and other unusual craft. Currently the site focuses on those who precipitated and participated in one specific sea exodus: the raft crisis of 1994. Through photos, videos, bibliography, primary documents and narratives, the site examines the ...
- Date: 2004
CollectionIllinois political campaign of 1858. Scrapbook of newspaper clippings assembled and mounted by Mr. Lincoln as a manuscript for publication. Contains the texts of the Lincoln-Douglas debates, speeches, and correspondence of Lincoln and Douglas published in newspaper accounts (primarily the Chicago Press & Tribune and the Chicago Times) between June 17 and Oct. 15, 1858. The title, captions, most notes and corrections said to be in Lincoln's hand. Other ...
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham - Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1858
View 203 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialDiary and daily journal of David Homer Bates. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Diary and daily journal written by David Homer Bates from the Alfred Stern Collection at the Library of Congress. Bates worked in the telegraph office during the Lincoln administration. He chronicles the movements of the Civil War as well as noting important events of the day. It also gives a daily account of Bates comings and goings in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Contributor: Bates, David Homer
- Date: 1863
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialDiscovering Lewis and Clark a legacy web site since 1998. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available "This is a progressive Web site, currently containing more than 1,400 pages, which is increased by one or more new episodes each month ...the centerpiece of Discovering Lewis and Clark is a nineteen-part synopsis of the expedition's story by historian Harry W. Fritz, illustrated with selections from the journals of the expedition, photographs, maps, animated graphics, moving pictures, and sound files."--Introd. p.
- Date: 1998
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialWestern range cattle and other industries study papers, 1823-1947 Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Western range cattle and other industries study papers, 1823-1947 (bulk 1880-1920), identified by Herbert Oliver Brayer in his survey of sources pertinent to American economic history in various American and European repositories. Includes incorporation agreements, stockholder lists, journals, correspondence, maps, photographs, and printed matter relating to the cattle industry in Colorado, Kansas, Texas, and other areas of western United States. Companies represented include the ...
- Contributor: Brayer, Herbert Oliver - State Historical Society of Colorado
- Date: 1956
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialSound recordings and other material from the Zbigniew Brzezinski papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Consists of sound recordings of interviews, speeches, dictated memorandums, television news, and audio diaries that document Brzezinski's tenure as national security advisor in President Jimmy Carter's administration as well as post-1981 domestic and foreign speaking engagements, travel, and interviews and guest spots on various radio programs, such as National Public Radio's America abroad. A 1981 oral history interview with Brzezinski is also included, as ...
- Contributor: Brzezinski, Zbigniew
- Date: 1979
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialFront door lobby This is an original manuscript of Park's account of her work on the NAWSA Congressional Committee.
- Contributor: Park, Maud Wood - Catt, Carrie Chapman - National American Woman Suffrage Association Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1920
View 321 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialVerfassungsrechtlicher Schutz von Werbung in rechtsvergleichender Sicht - Deutschland und die Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika / Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--Univ. Frankfurt am Main, 2007. Includes bibliographical references (p. vii-xxx)
- Contributor: Dolzer, Edda Henrike
- Date: 2008
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialUmwandlung von Kapitalgesellschaften : im Ertragsteuerrecht der USA im Vergleich zum deutschen Steuerrecht ; Rechtsstand: SEStEG / Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral)--Univ. Köln, 2007. Includes bibliographical references (p. 181-187)
- Contributor: Indenkämpen, Andreas
- Date: 2008
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialThe juridical character of nonstatutory military tribunals Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available "April 1963". Typescript. Thesis--Judge Advocate General's School, Charlottesville, Va., 1963. Includes bibliographical references (leaves 161-164). Electronic reproduction. [Washington, D.C. : Federal Research Division, Library of Congress, 2007] (Military legal resources). Digitized image of the original. s2007 dcun s
- Contributor: Hodges, M. Douglas
- Date: 1963
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMilitary commissions Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available "April 1953". Typescript. Thesis--Judge Advocate General's School, 1953. Includes bibliographical references. Electronic reproduction. [Washington, D.C. : Federal Research Division, Library of Congress, 2006] (Military legal resources). Digitized image of the original. s2006 dcun s
- Contributor: Marmon, Thomas C.
- Date: 1953
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialThomas Jefferson letter, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Letter (ALS), written from Monticello, to the Marquis de Lafayette. Topics include sheep industry and the manufacture of cloth in the United States as opposed to England ("our progress in manufactures is far beyond the calculations of the most sanguine . . . This revolution in our domestic economy was well worth a war"); the war on land in Canada; the alliance of Indians ...
- Contributor: Jefferson, Thomas - Jay I. Kislak Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1813
CollectionElizabeth Sprague Coolidge Foundation collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The collection contains personal and professional correspondence to and from Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge that documents both Coolidge's role as a patron of twentieth century music and the activities of her foundation, which she established at the Library of Congress in 1925. The correspondents include many of the prominent composers, musicians, conductors, and other musical figures of the time. The Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge Foundation was ...
- Contributor: Coolidge, Elizabeth Sprague - Library of Congress. Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge Foundation - Elizabeth Sprague Coolidge Foundation Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1894
CollectionA.P. Schmidt Company archives, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The Arthur P. Schmidt Company archives is a valuable source for the study of American music during the latter part of the 19th and the first quarter of the 20th century. It contains music, correspondence, business and financial records, and related documents. These materials provide a detailed look at the management, daily operations, and history of the Schmidt firm. In the music series, which ...
- Contributor: A.P. Schmidt Company - Adams, Charles R. - Apthorp, William Foster - Archer, Frederic - Barbour, Florence Newell - Barnes, Edward Shippen - Bartlett, Floy Little - Bauer, Marion - Beach, Amy - Berwald, W. (William) ... A.P. Schmidt Company - Adams, Charles R. - Apthorp, William Foster - Archer, Frederic - Barbour, Florence Newell - Barnes, Edward Shippen - Bartlett, Floy Little - Bauer, Marion - Beach, Amy - Berwald, W. (William) - Bird, Arthur - Bischoff, J. W. (John W.) - Blumenschein, W. L. (William Leonard) - Bohm, Carl - Chadwick, G. W. (George Whitefield) - Foote, Arthur - Friml, Rudolf - Godowsky, Leopold - Hopekirk, Helen - Macdowell, Edward - Porter, F. Addison (Frank Addison) - Stewart, H. J. (Humphrey John) - Wilson, G. D. (Grenville Dean) - Wooler, Alfred - A.P. Schmidt Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1869
CollectionLaurindo Almeida papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The collection contains manuscript and printed music, correspondence, publicity materials, sound and video recordings, programs, subject files, scrapbooks, and realia. Almeida was a prolific composer and arranger of music for both classical Spanish guitar and popular guitar. Nearly his entire musical output is represented in the collection, which includes holograph scores, lead sheets, sketches, and parts for hundreds of compositions for solo guitar or ...
- Contributor: Almeida, Laurindo - De Azevedo, Lex - Fischer, Clare - King, Pete - Castro-Neves, Oscar
- Date: 1912
CollectionAmateur hour collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Primarily over 7000 applications from contestants who appeared on the Major Bowes' Original Amateur Hour radio program between 1934 and 1948. A small percentage of the administrative papers dating from the late 1940s and 1950s, as well as materials relating to the Mexican version of the program, La hora internacional del aficionado, are also included. Filed with the contestant applications are letters of introduction, ...
- Date: 1934
CollectionAmerican / Century Play Company scripts and business papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The scripts and business papers in the collection document numerous aspects of American theater production history, including author representation, show production, publishing, and licensing for television, film, radio, and stock productions. The majority of script materials consists of complete typescripts, some never published or in early drafts, and a few published scripts, owned by the American/Century play companies, or "sides" (compilations of the lines ...
- Contributor: American Play Company - Abbott, George - Armstrong, Paul - Barrie, J. M. (James Matthew) - Barry, Philip - Belasco, David - Bolton, Guy - Čapek, Karel - Chodorov, Jerome - Cohan, George M. (George Michael) ... American Play Company - Abbott, George - Armstrong, Paul - Barrie, J. M. (James Matthew) - Barry, Philip - Belasco, David - Bolton, Guy - Čapek, Karel - Chodorov, Jerome - Cohan, George M. (George Michael) - Crothers, Rachel - Crouse, Russel - Dunning, Philip - Ferber, Edna - Fields, Herbert - Fields, Joseph A. - Ford, Harriet - Grey, Zane - Harbach, Otto - Hecht, Ben - Hellman, Lillian - Heyward, Dorothy - Kaufman, George S. (George Simon) - Kern, Jerome - Knoblock, Edward - Krasna, Norman - Lardner, Ring - Lindsay, Howard - Loos, Anita - Macarthur, Charles - Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset) - Milne, A. A. (Alan Alexander) - Molnár, Ferenc - O'casey, Sean - O'neill, Eugene - Pinero, Arthur Wing - Pirandello, Luigi - Rattigan, Terence - Rice, Elmer - Riggs, Lynn - Rinehart, Mary Roberts - Romberg, Sigmund - Segall, Harry - Selwyn, Edgar - Shaw, Bernard - Shaw, Irwin - Smith, Betty - Spewack, Bella Cohen - Spewack, Samuel - Sturges, Preston - Tarkington, Booth - Tierney, Harry - Unger, Gladys - Von Tilzer, Albert - Williams, Tennessee - Wodehouse, P. G. (Pelham Grenville) - Woollcott, Alexander - Youmans, Vincent - Young, Rida Johnson - Century Play Company
- Date: 1894
CollectionGeorge and Böske Antheil papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available This collection contains materials related to the professional and personal activities of composer George Antheil and his wife, Elizabeth (Böske) Antheil. Holograph and copyist manuscripts and printed scores in the collection span Antheil's career as a composer. Some manuscript reproductions contain annotations in Antheil's hand. Notable works include Ballet mécanique, Capital of the world, The happy journey, The wish, and Helen retires. The writings ...
- Contributor: Antheil, George - Antheil, Böske
- Date: 1875
CollectionGeorge Antheil correspondence to Stanley Hart, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available This collection contains letters, postcards, and telegrams from Antheil to Hart, in addition to several letters to Antheil from Mary Hollister, Ethel Leginska, and Annette Williams, and three letters from unidentified authors to Hart. The letters chronicle Antheil's personal and professional exploits during his European tour, which began in 1922. In addition to commentary on cities he visited, concerts he performed, and musical pieces ...
- Contributor: Antheil, George
- Date: 1919
CollectionGeorge Antheil correspondence with Mary Louise Curtis Bok, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available This collection principally consists of letters between composer George Antheil and his longtime patron, Mary Louise Curtis Bok. Additional correspondents include Ezra Pound, Donald S. Friede, Constantin von Sternberg, and Igor Stravinsky. In addition, there are two substantive works by Antheil, "Antheilcized notation, or, Music for everybody who can tell one from two and two from three," providing an explanation of the composer's "See-Note" ...
- Contributor: Antheil, George - Zimbalist, Mary Louise Curtis Bok
- Date: 1921
CollectionHoward Ashman papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The papers chiefly consist of materials from his work, including his collaborations with composer Alan Menken, such as Little shop of horrors and the Disney animated musicals The little mermaid, Beauty and the beast, and Aladdin. The biographical materials include early writings and school project materials, address and date books, and memorial tributes. The correspondence consists chiefly of personal letters received by Ashman throughout ...
- Contributor: Ashman, Howard - Menken, Alan - Hamlisch, Marvin - Mann, Barry - Sheffer, Jonathan
- Date: 1973
CollectionHarold Bauer collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The collection contains correspondence with musicians, including Ernest Bloch, Nadia Boulanger, Pablo Casals, Gabriel Fauré, Percy Grainger, Jascha Heifetz, Josef Hofmann, Gustav Holst, Vincent d'Indy, Fritz Kreisler, Charles Martin Loeffler, Pierre Monteux, Moritz Moszkowski, Vladimir de Pachmann, Ignace Jan Paderewski, Isidore Philipp, Henry Prunières, Carl Ruggles, Carlos Salzedo, Gustave Schirmer, Leopold Stokowski, and Efrem Zimbalist. The music includes several holograph transcriptions and editions prepared ...
- Contributor: Bauer, Harold
- Date: 1880
CollectionIrving Berlin collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available The collection, which documents all aspects of Berlin's life and career, contains music scores and sketches, many in the hand of Berlin's longtime musical secretary Helmy Kresa, Berlin's handwritten and typewritten lyric sheets, and scripts that span Berlin's career in theater and films. The personal correspondence includes items to and from his wife Ellin, while the professional correspondence relates to Berlin's various show business ...
- Contributor: Berlin, Irving
- Date: 1895