CollectionMary Church Terrell papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, speeches, writings, clippings, printed matter, and other papers focusing primarily on Terrell's career as an advocate of women's rights and equal treatment for African Americans. Subjects include women's suffrage; Equal Rights Amendment; education and suffrage for African Americans; desegregation in the District of Columbia; lynching and peonage conditions in the South; progressivism; the campaigns of Presidents Calvin Coolidge, Warren G. Harding, and ...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMargaret Bayard Smith Papers: Commonplace Books, 1799-1843; ; [Vol. 3]
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard
- Date: 1799
View 34 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with G. Clay Nettles
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Nettles, G. Clay
- Date: 1997-07-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Owen W. Roberts
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Roberts, Owen W.
- Date: 1991-02-11
CollectionThe Stations that Spoke Your Language: Radio and the Yiddish-American Cultural Renaissance (Day 2, afternoon) Leading Yiddish language and culture experts joined media scholars and Library of Congress specialists to address Yiddish radio in America: its history and cultural impact, its continuing influence on American media, and its multifaceted legacy. (Day 2, afternoon)
- Contributor: Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman ... Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman - Mayrent, Sherry L. - Newman, Roberta - Pearlstein, Peggy K. - Rein, David M. - Russo, Alexander - Sapoznik, Henry - Seigel, Amanda - Sokolow, Pete - Taub, Yermiyahu Ahron - Ticktin, Max D. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Yiddish of Greater Washington Inc - University of Wisconsin. Mayrent Institute for Yiddish Culture
- Date: 2012-09-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Walter K. Schwinn
- Contributor: Courtwright, David T. - Schwinn, Walter K.
- Date: 1987-06-24
CollectionAndrew Ellicott papers, 1777-1829 Surveyor and mathematician. Correspondence, maps, charts, and reports of astronomical observations chiefly concerning Ellicott's work in surveying the boundary between the United States and Florida under the San Lorenzo Treaty (1795) and also his surveys of the city of Washington, the boundary between Georgia and South Carolina, the town of Presque Isle (later Erie), Pennsylvania, and the boundary between the United States and Canada ...
- Contributor: Ellicott, Andrew
- Date: 1777
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Irving Sablosky
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Sablosky, Irving
- Date: 2000-03-21
CollectionBess Furman papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, speeches, writings, subject files, financial records, family papers, scrapbooks, and other papers relating to Furman's career as an author and journalist and to her personal life and family. Documents her work for Omaha Bee-News, Associated Press, and New York Times; with the U.S. Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare; and with Furman Features in collaboration with her sister, Lucile N. Furman, writing ...
- Contributor: Furman, Bess - Armstrong, Robert Burns - Furman, Lucile N.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marshall Green
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Martens, Robert J. - Green, Marshall
- Date: 1989-03-03
CollectionCultural Heritage Archives Symposium Session 5 The Cultural Heritage Archives symposium aims to energize the discussion of ethnographic archival thought and practice by presenting fresh and dynamic strategies for contemporary archival realities. This session covered sharing resources and featured Helena Zinkham, Melanie J. Meyers, Elaine Bradtke, Cynthia Byrd, Caroline Muglia and D.A. Sonneborn.
- Contributor: Various - Bell, Danna C. - Boyd, Douglas A. - Giarlo, Michael J. - Lloyd, Timothy Charles - Meyers, Melanie J. - O'neal, Jennifer R. - Reddy, Sita - Weiss, Steve - American Folklife Center - United States. Embassy (Kyrgyzstan) - American Folklore Society. Archives and Libraries Section - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013-09-27
CollectionSounds of Korea concert collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Video recording, sound recording, and photographs of a concert of Korean music and dance featuring 12 performers in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress on July 23, 2014 as part of the Homegrown concert series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Park, Sue Yeon - Ha, Ju-Yong - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2014
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen Eisenbraun
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Eisenbraun, Stephen
- Date: 2004-12-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Jon David Glassman
- Contributor: Moffat, Jay P. - Glassman, Jon David
- Date: 1997-12-19
CollectionCanaries, nightingales, whistlers, and transcribers: birdsong, bird-imitators and the early 20th-century recording industry, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Documentation of a presentation in the Benjamin Botkin Folklife Lecture series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. Ian Nagoski, founder and director, Canary Records of Baltimore, Maryland, discusses examples of rare early recordings of birdsong imitations from his recent digital release "Ecstatic & Wingless: Bird-Imitation on Four Continents, ca. 1910-44" to explore this forgotten art form and illuminate the world of vaudevillians and bird-fanciers, ...
- Contributor: Nagoski, Ian - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2016
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Joseph B. Gildenhorn
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Gildenhorn, Joseph
- Date: 1993-05-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Colonel Broadus Bailey Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bailey, Broadus, Jr.
- Date: 2002-06-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Anthony J. Perna
- Contributor: Haughey, Francine D. - Perna, Anthony J.
- Date: 1992-08-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Hugh De Santis
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - De Santis, Hugh
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMargaret Bayard Smith Papers: Miscellany; Writings; Extracts; Other
- Contributor: Smith, Margaret Bayard
- Date: 1796
View 16 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George Jaeger
- Contributor: Daniels, Robert - Jaeger, George
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alan H. Flanigan
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Flanigan, Alan H.
- Date: 1997-06-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Ints Silins
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Silins, Ints
- Date: 2011-00-00