CollectionGerhard Alden Gesell papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, manuscripts of writings, speeches, agenda and minutes of meetings, opinions, orders, dockets, notes, sentencing information, case files, other legal papers, printed materials, photographs, and other materials pertaining primarily to Gesell's career as judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. Documents Gesell's cases in the areas of civil rights, constitutional law, antitrust matters, patent cases, and government regulations. Specific...
- Contributor: Gesell, Gerhard Alden
CollectionDaisy Turner's kin : an African American family saga, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Daisy Turner's Kin: an African American family saga, a multigenerational saga spanning two centuries from enslavement in Africa to a farmstead in Vermont, a talk presented by Jane Beck, executive director emerita and founder of the Vermont Folklife Center. Daisy Turner (1883-1988), born in Grafton, Vermont and the daughter of freed African American slaves, grew up listening to her father, Alec, tell stories of...
- Contributor: Beck, Jane C. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2016
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harvey Feldman
- Contributor: Dillery, Carl Edward - Feldman, Harvey
- Date: 1999-03-11
CollectionLiteratura de Cordel: Continuity and Change in Brazilian Popular Literature (Day 2, afternoon) Literatura de cordel, literally "string literature," refers to small popular books or chapbooks, predominantly from northeastern Brazil. They were often suspended from cords or strings, hung across marketplace stalls belonging to local poets during the late 19th and 20th centuries. Today, cordel chapbooks are still sold and performed on street corners and in markets throughout Brazil, but are more readily circulated through the Internet....
- Contributor: Various - Chesnut, R. Andrew - Curran, Mark J. - Gambliel, Maria Carmen - Maia, Manuela - Marks, Morton - McCann, Bryan - Morris, Valda - Silva, Gonçalo Ferreira Da - Slater, Candace ... Various - Chesnut, R. Andrew - Curran, Mark J. - Gambliel, Maria Carmen - Maia, Manuela - Marks, Morton - McCann, Bryan - Morris, Valda - Silva, Gonçalo Ferreira Da - Slater, Candace - Soares, Marli Gomes - Williams, Gayle Ann - American Folklife Center - Library of Congress. Hispanic Division - Brazil. Embaixada (U.S.) - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2011-09-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb al-Uss fī al-ʻamal bi-al-sayf wa-al-turs. Wa-yalīhi Kitāb al-kifayah fī ʻilm al-rimāyah
كتاب الأس في العمل بالسيف والترس. ويليه كتاب الكفاية في علم الرماية / | Ass fī al-ʻamal bi-al-sayf wa-al-tars Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Two poems, the first on swordsmanship and the second on archery.
- Contributor: Ḥamawī, Muḥammad Ibn ʻal
- Date: 1591
CollectionCarl Schurz Vrooman papers, 1872-1975 Farmer, publicist, and U.S. assistant secretary of agriculture. Chiefly correspondence and family papers of Vrooman and members of the Vrooman and Scott family, including his wife, Julia Scott Vrooman, and her mother, Julia Green Scott.
- Contributor: Vrooman, Carl Schurz
- Date: 1872
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Smith Simpson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Crowley, John J., Jr. - Simpson, R. Smith
- Date: 1991-05-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Georgia A. Rogers
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Rogers, Georgia A.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialAnna Maria Brodeau Thornton Papers: Diaries and journals; Vol. 2, 1800, 1805-1806, 1842-1846
- Contributor: Thornton, Anna Maria Brodeau
- Date: 1800
View 173 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Lowell Fleischer
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Fleischer, Lowell Ronald
- Date: 1995-01-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marguerite Anderson
- Contributor: Norland, Patricia - Anderson, Marguerite
- Date: 1994-03-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Daniel Szabo
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Szabo, Daniel
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marshall Green
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Martens, Robert J. - Green, Marshall
- Date: 1995-03-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John Hummon
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Hummon, John
- Date: 1999-05-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert S. Pastorino
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fischer, David J. - Pastorino, Robert S.
- Date: 1998-03-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Jack R. Perry
- Contributor: Mattox, Henry E. - Perry, Jack
- Date: 1992-07-02
CollectionSeeing Mary: Belief, Politics, and Practice at Marian Apparition Sites What happens in a community after a Catholic claims to see and hear Mary, the Blessed Mother? Always a challenging situation, the claims are contested while individuals try to discern the credibility of the visionary and the apparition. Those who choose to believe develop devotional practices to honor Mary at the site made sacred through her visit. These devotions are both ancient and emergent,...
- Contributor: Pryor, Anne - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-06-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialDouglass, Frederick (Death) - Folder 6 of 34
- Date: 1895-03-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George M. Bennsky Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bennsky, George M., Jr.
- Date: 1993-01-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Harold Spivacke to John A. Lomax; Port Aransas, TX
- Contributor: Spivacke, Harold
- Date: 1939-01-20
CollectionCharles Moore papers, 1848-1944 Author and art historian. Correspondence, letterbooks, date books, notes, articles, speeches, picture post cards, photographs, and newspaper clippings relating to the Plan of 1901 for Washington, D.C., the restoration of the White House in 1902-1903, the Washington, D.C., Park Commission, the U.S. Commission of Fine Arts, and American architecture.
- Contributor: Moore, Charles
- Date: 1848
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Ints Silins
- Contributor: Charles Stuart Kennedy - Silins, Ints
- Date: 2011-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Elizabeth (Betty) Haselton
- Contributor: Norland, Patricia - Haselton, Elizabeth (Betty)
- Date: 1993-04-20
CollectionFrancis Lewis Cardozo family papers, 1864-1968 Educator, clergyman, and public official. Correspondence, genealogical and biographical papers, miscellaneous documents, and a manuscript of a novel related to various members of the Cardozo family, a prominent African-American family of South Carolina and Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Cardozo, Francis Lewis
- Date: 1864