Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James J. Halsema
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Halsema, James J.
- Date: 1989-08-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Bruce Malkin
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Malkin, Bruce
- Date: 2005-03-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John P. Windmuller
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Windmuller, John P.
- Date: 1995-01-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Vladimir I. Toumanoff
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Toumanoff, Vladimir I.
- Date: 1999-06-18
CollectionBenjamin Henry Latrobe papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Principally letters from Latrobe to John Lenthall, clerk of the works of the U.S. Capitol, concerning the construction of the United States Capitol building in Washington. These letters (1803-1808), frequently illustrated with sketches and plans, were written in Philadelphia, Pa., Newcastle and Wilmington, Del., or Ironhill, Md., and conveyed Latrobe's instructions to Lenthall on details of the construction. Includes several notes and memoranda to...
- Contributor: Latrobe, Benjamin Henry
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marshall Green
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Martens, Robert J. - Green, Marshall
- Date: 1995-03-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with McKinney Russell
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Russell, McKinney
- Date: 1997-05-10
CollectionNathaniel Alexander Owings papers, 1911-1983 Architect and engineer. Correspondence, journals. memoranda, minutes and reports, drafts of speeches and writings, legal and financial papers, subject file, biographical material, poetry, notes, appointment calendars, charts, graphs, diagrams, clippings, printed matter, photographs, scrapbooks, and other material chiefly dating from 1960 to 1980, documenting Owings's career as a founding partner of the architectural firm, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, as chairman of public commissions responsible...
- Contributor: Owings, Nathaniel Alexander
- Date: 1911
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with E. Gregory Kryza
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kryza, E. Gregory
- Date: 1988-06-14
CollectionRodgers family papers, 1740-1987 United States Navy and Army officers and family members. Correspondence, diaries, letterbooks, logbooks, photographs, recollections (memoirs), financial papers, and printed matter centering primarily on the naval career of Commodore John Rodgers (1773-1838).
- Date: 1740
CollectionMontgomery C. Meigs papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diaries, journals, notebooks, military papers, family papers, scrapbooks, drawings, maps, plans, sketches and studies, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Meigs's work in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, his service as quartermaster general during the Civil War, and family matters. Documents his work supervising construction in Maryland and Washington, D.C., on the Washington Aqueduct, additions to the U.S. Capitol, and the...
- Contributor: Meigs, Montgomery C. (Montgomery Cunningham) - Meigs, Montgomery
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialGeneral Accounts, 1872-1903 and Undated - Folder 5 of 5
- Contributor: Douglass, Frederick - Douglass, Helen
- Date: 1872
View 28 Results
CollectionHerbert Block papers, 1863-2002 Political cartoonist, author, and journalist. Correspondence, writings, speeches, interviews, clippings, cartoon reprints, and printed matter documenting principally Block's career at the Washington Post.
- Contributor: Block, Herbert
- Date: 1863
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Clarence Palmby
- Contributor: Ioanes, Raymond Andrew - Palmby, Clarence D.
- Date: 1995-05-08
CollectionWork & Transformation: Panels 5, 6 & 7 This symposium featured presentations by the 2010 recipients of the American Folklife Center's Archie Green Fellowships on their research and documentation of the culture and traditions of American workers in New York, Idaho, and Louisiana. Panels also included representatives of community-based documentation projects supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services concerning the role of America's libraries and museums as vibrant centers for...
- Contributor: Barr, Christina L. - Boone, Mary L. - Bulger, Peggy A. - Chute, Mary L. - Cohn, D'vera - Correa, Jennifer - D'abate, Richard - Deloach, Lynda - Dewhurst, C. Kurt - Greenhouse, Steven ... Barr, Christina L. - Boone, Mary L. - Bulger, Peggy A. - Chute, Mary L. - Cohn, D'vera - Correa, Jennifer - D'abate, Richard - Deloach, Lynda - Dewhurst, C. Kurt - Greenhouse, Steven - Groen, Jeffrey A. - Iyengar, Sunil - Loughran, Maureen - McCarl, Robert - Popovich, Mark G. - Ray, Joyce M. - Rogers, Nancy E. - Rothstein, Donna S. (Donna Suzann) - Semmel, Marsha L. - Spitzer, Nicholas R. - Tabb, Derrick - Taft, Michael - Taylor, David Alan - Winick, Stephen D. - Wunder, Steve R. - Zeitlin, Steven J. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Institute of Museum and Library Services (U.S.) - Archie Green Fund for Labor Culture & History
- Date: 2010-12-07
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Wingate Lloyd
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lloyd, Wingate
- Date: 2001-02-01
CollectionFolklore's Champion: Ben Botkin Among Benjamin Botkin's accomplishments, the gathering of slave narratives has received the greatest amount of attention, though not always with his name attached. As folklore editor of the Federal Writers Project, and later head of the Archive of Folk Culture at the Library of Congress, Botkin guided the fieldworkers who collected the narratives, amassed and edited the raw materials, and produced 17 bound volumes...
- Contributor: Abrahams, Roger - Abrahams, Roger D. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2007-08-15
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Maryann Minutillo
- Contributor: Wong, Monique - Minutillo, Maryann
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialShah-nameh by Firdausi. Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Manuscript. Persian. Binder's title. Written in India. Paper: cream-color Eastern laid paper; black ink with with highly decorated major ʻunwāns; minor ʻunwāns in gold ink, now very faded; four columns enclosed in a thin red-blue-yellow border; text begins on folio 1b with rubrication and gold interlinear decoration up to folio 3a; folios 1b and 2a have elaobroate border of grape decoration in various shades...
- Contributor: Firdaws
CollectionFrederick Douglass Memorial and Historical Association records, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, minutes of meetings, reports, and other records relating primarily to the preservation of the Frederick Douglass Memorial Home and to African American history. Includes materials documenting relations between the association and other African American organizations, especially the Frederick Douglass Housing Corporation. Also includes official files and personal papers of past president, Mary E.C. Gregory.
- Contributor: Frederick Douglass Memorial and Historical Association - Gregory, Mary E. C.
CollectionThe Gannon Family The Gannon Family performs Irish music and dance from Missouri, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Gannon Family - Gannon Family (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2006-11-15
CollectionHidden Carols: A Christmas Singing Tradition in the English Pennines For well over two and a half centuries, the performance of distinctive carols has been a feature of the seasonal holiday of Christmas in villages in many parts of England, especially in the West Country and in the region of South Yorkshire and Derbyshire around Sheffield, on the eastern edge of the Pennine hills. In this talk Ian Russell explores the development of this...
- Contributor: Russell, Ian - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2014-01-07