CollectionIrving Fine collection The bulk of the materials in the Irving Fine collection are musical scores and sketches which represent virtually the entire musical output of the composer, some of which have been cataloged individually ...
- Contributor: Music Division, Library of Congress - Fine, Irving
- Date: 2006
CollectionAmerican Life Histories: Manuscripts from the Federal Writers' Project, 1936-1940 This collection of life histories consists of approximately 2,900 documents, compiled and transcribed by more than 300 writers from 24 states, working on the Folklore Project of the Federal Writers’ Project, a ...
- Contributor: United States. Work Projects Administration - United States. Works Progress Administration - Federal Writers' Project - Writers' Program (U.S.)
CollectionA Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1875 Beginning with the Continental Congress in 1774, America's national legislative bodies have kept records of their proceedings. The records of the Continental Congress, the Constitutional Convention, and the United States Congress make ...
- Contributor: Law Library of Congress (U.S.) - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program
- Date: 1998
CollectionSelections from the Martha Graham Collection (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer, ...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
Martial Law in Hawaii, December 7, 1941- April 4, 1943 1'1.-lffil'IP.L V\vT IN HAI'lAn DE~~ER 7, 1941--APRIL 4, 1943 Foreword During the Fall of 1941 diplomatic relations between the United States a~d Japan, which had been steadily deteriorating, took a sudden turn ...
- Contributor: Maj. Gen. Thomas H. Green, Usa (Ret.) - Green, Thomas H.
- Date: 1946
Must the Manual for Courts-Martial, United States, 1951, be Applied in War Crimes Trials? ;JUST THE ;4ANWAL POR CdURi"S-~4ARTIBL, UMITED STATES, 1951, BE: APPLIBB IN WAR CRIbfZS T H Z A U ? Noel J. Ciprlano Major JAGC 1 May 13% TABU3 OF CONTENTS CMmER PAGB ...
- Contributor: Noel J. Cipriano - Cipriano, Noel J.
- Date: 1954
CollectionA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages
CollectionFinding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond A thematic collection exploring changing models of the universe through time, ideas of life on other words and Carl Sagan’s place in the tradition of science. It features manuscripts, rare books, celestial ...
- Contributor: Sagan, Carl - Druyan, Ann - Macfarlane, Seth
CollectionThe Hannah Arendt Papers This page links to the papers of author, educator, and political philosopher Hannah Arendt, which have become one of the principal sources for the study of modern intellectual life
- Contributor: Arendt, Hannah - Blücher, Heinrich
- Date: 1906
Book/Printed MaterialAccession catalogue, music in the Dayton C. Miller Collection
Accession catalogue of music, Miller Collection Catalog. Text. The collector's hand-written inventory of scores in his collection, with columns for title, composer, arranger, arrangement, publisher, when bought, cost, and remarks. Includes 2307 entries, any containing multiple musical works. ...
- Contributor: Miller, Dayton Clarence
- Date: 1941
View 76 Pages
THE EXERCISING OF MILITARY AND EXTRATERRITORIAL JURISDICTION OVER CIVILIANS AND WAR CRIMES TEE E X E R C I S I N G OF M I L I T A B Y AND E X T R A T E R R I T ...
- Contributor: Major Eugene A. Steffen - Steffen, Eugene A.
- Date: 1976
Obedience to Orders as a Defense to a Criminal Act '. OBEDIENCE TO ORDEHS AS A: DEFENSE TO A CRIHlrIAL ACT A Thesis Presented to The Judge Advocate General's School; U. S. A;:,!'J.Y • The opinions and conclusions herein are those of ...
- Contributor: Jags - Norene, Luther N.
- Date: 1971
CollectionMiller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911 Between 1897 and 1911 Elizabeth Smith Miller and her daughter, Anne Fitzhugh Miller, filled seven large scrapbooks with ephemera and memorabilia related to their work with women's suffrage. The Elizabeth Smith Miller ...
- Date: 1897
Military Commissions THE JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL tS SCHOOL Charlottesville, ~ i r g h i a April M I L I T A R Y Lt, Col, Thomas C M. a , 1953 COMMISSIONS ...
- Contributor: Marmon, Thomas C.
- Date: 1953
CollectionThe Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America See and Hear American History Through Song "Know the songs of a country and you will know its history for the true feeling of a people speaks through what they sing." – ...
- Date: 1581
THE JURIDICAL CHlARACTER OF NONSTATUTORY MILITARY TRIBUNALS THE JURIDICAL CHliFiACTER O NONSTiYITJTORY F M I L I M Y TRIBUNALS A Thesis Presented To The Judge Advocate General's School The opinions and conclusions expressed h e r e i ...
- Contributor: Major M. Douglas Hodges - Hodges, M. Douglas
- Date: 1963
CollectionThe Evolution of the Conservation Movement The Evolution of the Conservation Movement, 1850-1920 documents the historical formation and cultural foundations of the movement to conserve and protect America's natural heritage, through books, pamphlets, government documents, manuscripts, prints, photographs, ...
- Date: 1850
Book/Printed Material[Copyright registration application from claimant L. Frank Baum for The wonderful wizard of Oz and The ... Holograph letter, signed by L. Frank Baum (1856-1919) dated July 28, 1900 to the Librarian of Congress requesting Copyright registration for two titles: The wonderful wizard of Oz (claiming rights for Baum ...
- Date: 1900
View 3 Pages
CollectionSamuel F. B. Morse Papers at the Library of Congress, 1793-1919 Approximately 6,500 items from the Samuel F. B. Morse Papers in the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress have been digitized, including correspondence, diaries, printed matter, maps, drawings and miscellany. These ...
- Contributor: Morse, Samuel Finley Breese - Clausing, Ludwig
CollectionAmerican Colony in Jerusalem, 1870-2006 This electronic presentation features selected materials from the physical American Colony in Jerusalem Collection. The full collection in the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress represents well over 16,600 items stemming ...
- Contributor: American Colony (Jerusalem) - Spafford, Anna T. - Spafford, Horatio Gates - Vester, Bertha Spafford
War Crimes Trials: Procedural Due Process: A Thesis WAR CRIMES TRIALS: PROCEDURAL DUE PROCESS A Thesis Presented To The Judge Advocate General's School, U. S. Anny The opinions and conclusions expressed herein are those of the individual student author and ...
- Contributor: Major Charles J. Baldree - Baldree, Charles, J.
- Date: 1967