CollectionA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLook down fair moon manuscript | Copyright 1970 by Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. Reprinted by permission of Boosey & Hawkes, Inc. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, only excerpts from this item are available. (Standard Restriction). Manuscript (Form).
- Contributor: Boosey & Hawkes - Rorem, Ned - Whitman, Walt
- Date: 1970
CollectionSelections from the Martha Graham Collection (clockwise from top left) The Dance: Washington Festival [review]; "Graham Presents Copland's Ballet" [clipping] by Oscar Thompson; A unique dance by Martha Graham [clipping], 1926; [Tangara], photograph of Martha Graham. Dancer, choreographer, and company director Martha Graham (1894-1991) is considered one of the pioneering founders of American modern dance. In a career spanning over seven decades, Graham developed her own innovative technique and produced ...
- Contributor: Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna ... Graham, Martha - Barber, Samuel - Copland, Aaron - Dello Joio, Norman - El-Dabh, Halim - Emmons, Beverly - Hindemith, Paul - Horst, Louis - Hovhaness, Alan - Karan, Donna - Lester, Eugene - Menotti, Gian Carlo - Noguchi, Isamu - Riegger, Wallingford - Rosenthal, Jean - Schuman, William - Skelton, Thomas R. - Starer, Robert - Ter-Arutunian, Rouben - Tipton, Jennifer - Weissberger, L. Arnold - Martha Graham Dance Company - Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance - Martha Graham School of Contemporary Dance - Graham (Martha) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1896
CollectionBronislava Nijinska Collection The collection of notable dancer, choreographer and teacher Bronislava Nijinska (1891-1972) contains a diverse variety of materials documenting dance and the arts in the twentieth century. Available here are over 200 collection items, including manuscripts, books, diaries, choreographic notebooks, correspondence, moving image materials, music scores, photographs, posters, programs, set and costume designs, and scrapbooks. Photograph of Bronislava Nijinska, graduation picture, 1908. Music Division, Library ...
- Contributor: Nijinska, Bronislava
- Date: 1891
CollectionThe Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America See and Hear American History Through Song "Know the songs of a country and you will know its history for the true feeling of a people speaks through what they sing." – Preface to The Songs of Henry Clay Work (1884) Listen to the changes in the "Star Spangled Banner" as played by different bands in different eras. Look at the ways in which ...
- Date: 1581
CollectionBallets Russes de Serge Diaghilev The world of ballet changed dramatically when the Ballets Russes de Serge Diaghilev took Paris by storm at the Théâtre du Châtelet in May of 1909. Armed with ground-breaking choreographic originality and an innovative use of collaborating artists, the Ballets Russes produced some of the most significant ballet masterpieces of the twentieth century, including Les Sylphides, Schéhérazade, Firebird, Petrouchka, L’Après-midi d’un Faune, Parade, Les ...
- Date: 1909
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine in London American actor, singer and comedian Danny Kaye arrives with his wife, Sylvia Fine, for an appearance in London. November 1948. Following the professional lives of the husband-wife artistic duo, this presentation features a wide variety of materials, including manuscripts, scores, scripts, photographs, sound recordings and video clips from the Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection. Kaye, a ...
- Contributor: Kaye, Danny - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - McDowall, Roddy - Dena Pictures, Inc - Kaye (Danny)/Fine (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
CollectionThe March King: John Philip Sousa Painting of Sousa during US Marine Band era, [n.d.]. Performing Arts Reading Room. An online presentation of selected music manuscripts, photographs, printed music, historical recordings of the Sousa Band, copies of programs and press clippings, and more from the Sousa Collection at the Library of Congress. About the John Philip Sousa Collection at the Library of Congress John Philip Sousa began donating his music ...
- Contributor: Sousa, John Philip
- Date: 1854
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHermit songs (sketches) manuscript | 42p., 13-20 x 21-25 cm. | Courtesy of the Samuel Barber Estate. (Copyright Notice). Due to copyright restrictions, original master files are not available. (Standard Restriction). Courtesy of G. Schirmer, Inc. http://www.schirmer.com/ (Copyright Notice). Manuscript (Form).
- Contributor: Barber, Samuel
- Date: 1952
View 42 Results