CollectionCollections, Collaborations, and Connections symposium : the American Folklife Center at forty, A free public symposium to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of the founding of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress in 1976. The panel discussions highlighted the Center's unparalleled collections, ...
- Contributor: American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2016
CollectionNikolai Lopatnikoff collection, 1916-1979 The collection includes music, manuscript and printed, of Lopatnikoff, as well as of other composers; correspondence and personal papers; photographs, clippings, and programs; writings by and about Lopatnikoff; and offical documents. A ...
- Contributor: Lopatnikoff, Nikolai
- Date: 1916
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Letter, 1874] Febr., [to Levi] Correspondence. manuscript | 1 item. | J. Brahms. (Statement Of Responsibility). Holograph, signed. An autograph letter of Johannes Brahms, written to Hermann Levi, conductor. Published in: Johannes Brahms in Briefwechsel mit Hermann ...
- Contributor: Brahms, Johannes - Levi, Hermann - Library of Congress - Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation
- Date: 1874
View 2 Results
CollectionEva Le Gallienne papers, Correspondence, diaries, family papers, speeches and writings, translations, production scripts, programs and playbills, press clippings, appointment books, biographical material, awards, and other papers documenting Le Gallienne's theatrical career. Includes material relating to ...
- Contributor: Le Gallienne, Eva - Le Gallienne, Julie Nørregaard - Le Gallienne, Richard
CollectionThe Folklore Behind Ecology, or Why Scientists in Ecology Need Help from Folklorists Our laws, policies and the fundamental scientific ideas about nature derive from ancient myths and modern folklore. We "save" endangered species and manage our natural resources based on beliefs about a balance ...
- Contributor: Botkin, Daniel - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2006-04-05
CollectionVictor Gruen papers, 1886-1991 Designer, architect, and urban planner. Personal and business correspondence, project files, speeches, writings, biographical material, and scrapbooks documenting Gruen's career in architectural design, city planning, and environmental counseling, with special emphasis on ...
- Contributor: Gruen, Victor
- Date: 1886
CollectionStanley Edgar Hyman papers, 1932-1978 Literary critic and educator. Correspondence, memoranda, journal, manuscripts of articles, book reviews, and books, research material, notes, reports, and other papers relating to Hyman's career as literary critic, book reviewer, and professor ...
- Contributor: Hyman, Stanley Edgar
- Date: 1932
CollectionHoward S. Liebengood papers, Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, speeches, reports, legislative proposals, research files, notebooks, travel materials, campaign materials, financial and legal papers, Senate floor statements, newspaper clippings, photographs, and other papers pertaining primarily to Liebengood's service ...
- Contributor: Liebengood, Howard S. (Howard Scholey) - Baker, Howard H., (Howard Henry)
CollectionHorsford-Tryon families papers, Chiefly correspondence of Horsford and Tryon family members primarily in central New York. Correspondence of Jerediah Horsford and his wife, Maria Charity Norton Horsford, relating to his service as U.S. representative from ...
CollectionRobert Taft, Jr. papers, Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, press releases, agenda, schedules, bills, rosters, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers concerning Taft's career as a lawyer in Cincinnati, Ohio; Ohio state legislator; U.S. representative and senator from ...
- Contributor: Taft, Robert - Taft, Robert A. (Robert Alphonso)
CollectionDavid D. Porter family papers, 1799-1899 Naval officer. Correspondence, journals, logbooks, orders, reports, memoranda, family papers, drafts of articles, memoirs, poems, short stories, and other literary writings, sketches, photographs, and printed matter documenting David D. Porter's naval career. ...
- Contributor: Porter, David D. (David Dixon) - Porter, David D.
- Date: 1799
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Postcard, 1889 March 5], Berlin [to] Robert Keller Correspondence. manuscript | 1 item. | J. Br. [Johannes Brahms]. (Statement Of Responsibility). Holograph, signed. An autograph postcardr of Johannes Brahms, written to Robert Keller, music editor. In pencil. Published in: The ...
- Contributor: Brahms, Johannes - Keller, Robert - Library of Congress - Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation
- Date: 1889
View 2 Results
CollectionWade Hampton family papers, 1855-1935 Correspondence, property titles, notes, memorials, and photographs. Includes letters from Hampton to his sister, Mary Fisher Hampton, relating to his Civil War experiences and later letters to his son, Alfred Hampton, concerning ...
- Contributor: Hampton, Wade
- Date: 1855
CollectionPuerto Rican collection, Chiefly documents of the Spanish colonial government in Puerto Rico including orders and decrees, military records of the Spanish Ministerio de la Guerra, and financial records pertaining to budgets, imports and exports, ...
- Contributor: Puerto Rico - Coll Y Toste, Cayetano
CollectionThomas Bailey Aldrich papers, Outgoing correspondence of Aldrich and his wife addressed primarily to Edward Howard House relating to personal matters. Also includes a volume containing a holograph and typescript copy of "Monody on the Death ...
- Contributor: Aldrich, Thomas Bailey
CollectionThe Stations that Spoke Your Language: Radio and the Yiddish-American Cultural Renaissance (Day 1) Leading Yiddish language and culture experts joined media scholars and Library of Congress specialists to address Yiddish radio in America: its history and cultural impact, its continuing influence on American media, and ...
- Contributor: Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman ... Various - Apelbaum, Laura Cohen - Barton, Matthew - Gevinson, Alan - Goldsmith, Emanuel S. - Gottesman, Itzik Nakhmen - Hoog, Ann - Isaacs, Miriam - Jochnowitz, Eve - Joselit, Jenna Weissman - Mayrent, Sherry L. - Newman, Roberta - Pearlstein, Peggy K. - Rein, David M. - Russo, Alexander - Sapoznik, Henry - Seigel, Amanda - Sokolow, Pete - Taub, Yermiyahu Ahron - Ticktin, Max D. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Yiddish of Greater Washington Inc - University of Wisconsin. Mayrent Institute for Yiddish Culture
- Date: 2012-09-06
CollectionWomen's Joint Congressional Committee records, 1920-1970 Correspondence, information forms, minutes, reports, financial records, membership lists, and printed material relating to the committee's work in monitoring and promoting legislation in the areas of social service and women's rights.
- Contributor: Women's Joint Congressional Committee
- Date: 1920
CollectionNeil Sheehan papers, 1920-1993 Author and journalist.Correspondence, drafts of writings, notes, research material, interview transcripts, and other papers relating to Sheehan's writings concerning the Vietnam War, especially his books, A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann ...
- Contributor: Sheehan, Neil
- Date: 1920
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialShōwa jūshichinendo kokuji tsuzuri. yobi.
昭和十七年度告示綴. 予備. | Shōwa 17-nendo kokuji tsuzuri. | Suiro Kokuji Binder's title (handwritten). Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Website. LC copy has "Army Map Service Map Library" and "Cancelled" stamped. Issues of 水路告示 also cataloged as serial ...
- Contributor: Japan. Kaigunshō. Suirobu
- Date: 1942
CollectionAbram P.T. Elder papers, 1890-1916 Biographer and publisher. Correspondence, biographical files, business records of the National Biographical Society, illustrated materials, photographs, and other papers pertaining primarily to Elder's creation and publication of biographical directories for the society.
- Contributor: Elder, Abram P. T. (Abram Peter Turner) - Elder, Abram P. T.
- Date: 1890
CollectionAlden Partridge papers, 1807-1959 U.S. Army officer, engineer, educator, and state legislator from Vermont. Principally letters (1817-1842) received by Partridge from students and their parents relating to educational matters at the United States Military Academy, the ...
- Contributor: Partridge, Alden
- Date: 1807
CollectionDavid Maydole Matteson papers, Correspondence (1907-1935); research notes and card files on riots in the United States from 1641 to 1894 including those involving Nathaniel Bacon, John Brown, Jacob Leisler, Daniel Shays, and Nat Turner; writings ...
- Contributor: Matteson, David Maydole
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHoward Elbridge Robbins collection Veterans History Project (U.S.) Collection includes correspondence and printed matter.
- Contributor: Robbins, Howard Elbridge - Robbins, Joyce - Veterans History Project (U.S.) - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1918
CollectionHubbard family papers, 1639-1925 Chiefly correspondence supplemented by diaries, notes, drawings, poems, speeches and writings, and printed material of various members of the Hubbard family and their relatives, primarily Gardiner G. Hubbard, his wife, Gertrude Mercer ...
- Date: 1639
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialBarbara Walker collection Veterans History Project (U.S.) Interview conducted for the Veterans History Project 2001.
- Contributor: Walker, Barbara
- Date: 2002
CollectionJames A. Garfield papers, Correspondence, diaries, speeches, records of Garfield's Civil War military service, legal records, genealogical material, college notebooks, tributes, printed matter, scrapbooks, and other material relating primarily to Garfield's career and death. Subjects include ...
- Contributor: Garfield, James A. (James Abram) - Stanley-Brown, Mary Garfield
CollectionHenry Bartholomew Cox collection, Correspondence and other material relating chiefly to French spoliation claims; and an autograph collection. Correspondents include H.M. Brackenridge, James H. Causten, Caleb Cushing, Edward Everett, Benjamin C. Howard, Edward Livingston, William L. ...
- Contributor: Cox, Henry Bartholomew
CollectionOwen Wister papers, Correspondence, diaries and journals, family papers, drafts of articles, poems, novels, short stories, speeches, and other writings, scrapbooks, financial papers, printed matter, and other papers. Includes partial manuscript and dramatizations of Wister's ...
- Contributor: Wister, Owen
CollectionJames Houston Henderson papers, 1913-1920 Surveyor and civil engineer. Correspondence, employment records, biographical notes, and photographs chiefly relating to Henderson's work as chief surveyor of the Panama Canal and as civil engineer for the the Panama Railroad.
- Contributor: Henderson, James Houston
- Date: 1913
CollectionWilliam Dawson family papers, Correspondence, sermons, addresses, ecclesiastical papers, poetry, financial and administrative records, certificates, commissions, and other papers concerning the ecclesiastical affairs of the Anglican Church in Virginia, administrative matters of the College of William ...
- Contributor: Dawson, William - Dawson, Thomas
CollectionKatie Louchheim papers, Correspondence, memoranda, journals (1942-1981), family papers, speeches, writings, interviews, subject files, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, photographs, memorabilia, and other papers relating primarily to Louchheim's role in Democratic party politics, particularly as vice-chair of ...
- Contributor: Louchheim, Katie - Louchheim, Walter C. (Walter Clinton) - Scofield, Adele Joseph
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialKitāb mafātīḥ al-raḥmah wa-asrār al-ḥikmah.
كتاب مفاتيح الرحمة و أسرار الحكمة. | Mafātīḥ al-ḥikmah. The ms. is in two parts. Part I, or Introduction by Ṭughrāʼī, and Part II, "From keys of wisdom" is by the Egyptian chemist Zosimos, translated into Arabic by al-Ṭughrāʼī. Part I ...
- Contributor: Ṭughrāʼī, Al-Ḥusayn Ibn ʻal
- Date: 17??
CollectionCarl Spaatz papers, Part I of the Spaatz papers consists of correspondence, diaries, cables, reports, research notes, typescripts of articles and speeches, flight records, personnel file, and miscellaneous papers spanning from 1910 to 1953 and ...
- Contributor: Spaatz, Carl - Eaker, Ira - Hopper, Bruce C. (Bruce Campbell)
Manuscript/Mixed Material[Letter, 1871], April, [to Levi] Correspondence. manuscript | 1 item. | Joh. Br. [Johannes Brahms]. (Statement Of Responsibility). Holograph, signed. An autograph letter of Johannes Brahms, written to Hermann Levi, conductor. Published in: Johannes Brahms in Briefwechsel ...
- Contributor: Brahms, Johannes - Levi, Hermann - Library of Congress - Gertrude Clarke Whittall Foundation
- Date: 1871
View 3 Results
CollectionLegends and legacies : remembering Archie Green, Archie Green memorial: remembering Archie, with speakers Nancy Pelosi, Judy McCulloh, Eddie Bond and Josh Ellis (fiddle & banjo), Mike Munoz, Paula Johnson, Joseph T. Wilson, Northern Neck Chantey Singers, Derek Green, ...
- Contributor: Ferris, William R. - Johnson, Paula - McCulloh, Judith - Munoz, Michael S. - Pelosi, Nancy - Wilson, Joe - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2009
CollectionEdward Williams Morley papers, Correspondence, certificates, and printed matter. Consists primarily of correspondence from family members, friends, and fellow scientists. Includes a group of personal letters from Myron A. Munson, Morley's college roommate and lifelong friend, ...
- Contributor: Morley, Edward Williams
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialHāz̲ā duʻā-yi ṣanamay-i Quraysh az Mawlānā Amīr al-Muʼminīn.
هاذا دعاى صنمي قريش از امير المؤمنين. | Hādhaʼ duʻā-yi ṣanamay-i Quraysh az Mawlānā Amīr al-Muʼminīn. Text of the Shīʻah prayer of ʻAlī ibn Abī Ṭālib titled Duʻa-yi ṣanam-i Quraysh together with an interlinear Persian translation.
- Contributor: ʻalī Ibn Abī Ṭālib
- Date: 1808
CollectionGeorgetown (Washington, D.C.) Corporation government records, 1751-1881 Government records of Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) Corporation, including journals of the Board of Aldermen, minutes of the Board of Common Council and the corporation, journals of expenditures, tax lists, and other records.
- Contributor: Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) Corporation
- Date: 1751
CollectionRhoda Bubendey Métraux papers, 1905-1980 Anthropologist and author. Correspondence, lectures and writings, field notes and notebooks, reports, proposals, minutes, programs, interview transcripts, questionnaires, statistical analyses, drawings, photographs, financial records, and printed matter pertaining to Métraux's career as ...
- Contributor: Métraux, Rhoda Bubendey - Métraux, Rhoda
- Date: 1905
CollectionJohn Singleton Mosby papers, 1861-1904 Confederate army officer, lawyer, and author. Correspondence, orders, commissions, reports, circulars, and other material relating mainly to Mosby's Civil War activities.
- Contributor: Mosby, John Singleton
- Date: 1861