Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Herbert A. Fierst
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fierst, Herbert A.
- Date: 1996-07-16
CollectionBrien McMahon papers, 1943-1952 United States senator from Connecticut. Correspondence, clippings, addresses, public statements, articles, and bills and resolutions prepared by McMahon during his term of office as senator.
- Contributor: McMahon, Brien
- Date: 1943
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Keith P. McCormick
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - McCormick, Keith P.
- Date: 2000-07-20
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Phyllis E. Oakley
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Oakley, Phyllis
- Date: 2000-03-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John Todd Stewart
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Stewart, John Todd
- Date: 1999-10-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialWilliam Speiden journals: Vol. 1, Mar. 9, 1852-July 2, 1854 (...
- Contributor: Speiden, William, Jr.
- Date: 1852-03-09
View 345 Results
CollectionPeter W. Rodman papers, Correspondence, speeches, writings, articles, research files, congressional testimony, topical files, printed matter, photographs, and other papers documenting Rodman's service as a foreign policy advisor in Republican presidential administrations from Richard M. Nixon through George W. Bush and his association with academic and public interest research institutes. Documents his work at the National Security Council (U.S.), as director of the U.S. Department of State Policy ...
- Contributor: Rodman, Peter W.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Wade Matthews
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Matthews, Wade
- Date: 1991-09-19
CollectionRaymond Leslie Buell papers, 1915-1981 Educator, lecturer, and publicist; active in international affairs. Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, statements, writings, subject files, and other papers relating to Buell's career as a writer and speaker on international affairs, to his travels, and to his activities with the Foreign Policy Association and the Republican Party.
- Contributor: Buell, Raymond Leslie
- Date: 1915
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Peter F. Secchia
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Secchia, Peter F.
- Date: 1994-06-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Anne Martindell
- Contributor: Mullin, Lillian P. - Martindell, Anne Clark
- Date: 1991-01-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William Hodding Carter III
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Carter, William Hodding, III
- Date: 1993-12-06
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard M. Fairbanks III
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fairbanks, Richard M., III
- Date: 1989-04-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMartin Van Buren Papers: Series 1, Autobiography, 1854-1862; ...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin
- Date: 1854-00-00
View 670 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John H. (Jack) Sullivan
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Sullivan, John H.
- Date: 1996-10-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Thomas H. Anderson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Anderson, Thomas H.
- Date: 1991-09-25
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John H. Adams
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Adams, John H.
- Date: 1992-09-28
CollectionLouis McLane correspondence, 1795-1894 Lawyer, U.S. representative and senator from Delaware, diplomat, and cabinet officer. Correspondence primarily between McLane and members of his family relating to social life in Washington, D.C., his diplomatic duties, and national and congressional politics.
- Contributor: McLane, Louis
- Date: 1795
CollectionE.G. Squier papers, 1841-1888 Archaeologist, diplomat, author, editor, and businessman. Correspondence, business records, diplomatic records, articles, lectures, and other writings, reference and bibliographic notes, drawings, maps, scrapbooks of clippings, and other papers relating to Squier's diplomatic career as U.S. chargé d'affairs in Central America (1849-1858), U.S. commissioner to Peru (1863-1865), and Honduran consul general in New York, N.Y. (1863-1873), and Squier's studies and writings in archaeology and ethnology.
- Contributor: Squier, E. G. (Ephraim George) - Squier, E. G.
- Date: 1841
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Stephen Paterson Belcher
- Contributor: O'brien, John R. - Belcher, Stephen Paterson
- Date: 1988-09-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Quentin Roy Bates
- Contributor: Nyberg, Jennifer - Bates, Quentin Roy
- Date: 1990
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marilyn Holmes
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Holmes, Marilyn
- Date: 1998-05-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador Charles William Maynes
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Maynes, C. William (Charles William)
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with R. Allen Irvine
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Irvine, R. Allen
- Date: 1990-09-01
CollectionEli T. Sheppard papers, 1872-1924 Diplomat and lawyer. Correspondence, memoranda, writings, notes, and printed matter pertaining primarily to Sheppard's work as a United States consul in Tienstin, China, and as an adviser in international law to the Japanese foreign office.
- Contributor: Sheppard, Eli T.
- Date: 1872
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with William White
- Contributor: North, William Haven - White, William
- Date: 1996-05-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Sheldon Vance
- Contributor: Tienken, Arthur T. - Vance, Sheldon Baird
- Date: 1989-01-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Winifred S. Weislogel
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Weislogel, Winifred S.
- Date: 1992-09-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Allen C. Davis
- Contributor: Moffat, Jay P. - Davis, Allen C.
- Date: 1998-06-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Thomas C. Sorensen
- Contributor: Hall, Lawrence J. - Sorensen, Thomas C.
- Date: 1990-07-25
CollectionTheodore Francis Green papers, Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, reports, subject and chronological files, clippings, printed matter, photographs, and other papers relating principally to Green's career and activities in the U.S. Senate, particularly as a member and chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Subjects include Rhode Island state politics, Democratic Party politics, domestic issues, foreign affairs, the United Nations, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and fisheries treaties. Other subjects ...
- Contributor: Green, Theodore Francis
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alfred Joseph White
- Contributor: Harter, John J. - White, Alfred Joseph
- Date: 1997-09-17
CollectionPatricia Harris papers, Correspondence, memoranda, speeches, reports, statements, notes, printed material, and other papers pertaining primarily to Harris's cabinet positions as secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), 1977-1979, and secretary of the U.S. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare (later, Health and Human Services), 1979-1981. Topics include abortion, civil rights, consumer protection, discrimination, energy, the environment, housing, inflation, immigration, Iran hostage crisis, ...
- Contributor: Harris, Patricia
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Kenneth MacCormack
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Maccormack, Kenneth
- Date: 1989-01-05
CollectionArchivo Nacional de Cuba collection pertaining to Spanish col... Transcripts of material found in the Cuban national archives pertaining to Spanish colonial rule in Louisiana and the Floridas. Includes correspondence of the Spanish governor of Louisiana, Bernardo de Gálvez, with José de Gálvez, the secretary of the Indies; and Felipe Fonsdeviela, marques de la Torre, and Diego José Navarro García de Valladares, the capitanes-generales at Havana. Also includes an index of correspondence of ...
- Contributor: Archivo Nacional De Cuba
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with George F. Ward, Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Ward, George F., Jr.
- Date: 2001-04-23
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harry E.T. Thayer
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Thayer, Harry E.T.
- Date: 1990-11-19
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John J. Harter
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Harter, John J.
- Date: 1997-07-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Nicholas M. Salgo
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Salgo, Nicholas M.
- Date: 1991-07-31
CollectionFrederick Rodgers papers, Correspondence, diaries, journals, writings, reports, notebooks, legal records, printed matter, charts, maps, photographs, and other papers relating chiefly to Rodgers's naval career and family. Includes material pertaining to his service in the U.S. Navy during the Civil War and as a member of the U.S. Navy Examining and Retiring Board and president of the U.S. Navy Board of Inspection and Survey. Also documents his ...
- Contributor: Rodgers, Frederick
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John W. Shirley
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Shirley, John W.
- Date: 1989-11-21
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Rockwell A. Schnabel
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Schnabel, Rockwell A. (Rockwell Anthony)
- Date: 1990-10-17
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Earl Wilson
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Wilson, Earl
- Date: 1988-10-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Frank G. Wisner
- Contributor: Jackson, Richard L. - Wisner, Frank G.
- Date: 1998-03-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Leonard F. Walentynowicz
- Contributor: Morgan, William D. - Walentynowicz, Leonard F.
- Date: 1992-06-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arthur W. Hummel Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Robins-Mowry, Dorothy - Hummel, Arthur W., Jr.
- Date: 1989-07-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ernest V. Siracusa
- Contributor: Zivetz, Hank - Siracusa, Ernest V.
- Date: 1989-06-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMartin Van Buren Papers: Series 2, General Correspondence, 17...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin
- Date: 1837-02-07
View 530 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert W. Drexler
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Drexler, Robert W.
- Date: 1996-03-01
CollectionRobert A. Taft papers, Correspondence, speeches, writings, political and legislative files, subject files, business and financial records, family papers, and other papers relating primarily to Taft's career as a U.S. senator and to his role as a national leader in the Republican Party. Subjects include public policy and legislative issues especially in the areas of defense, economic policy, education, finance, foreign policy, labor, public housing, taxation, and veterans' ...
- Contributor: Taft, Robert A. (Robert Alphonso)
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Arthur Joseph Olsen
- Contributor: Dunnigan, Thomas J. - Olsen, Arthur Joseph
- Date: 1997-02-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Myles Greene
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Greene, Myles
- Date: 2002-02-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Morton Smith
- Contributor: Findlay, Ed - Smith, Morton
- Date: 1994-11-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David E. Mark
- Contributor: Precht, Henry - Mark, David E.
- Date: 1989-07-28
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Peter B. Swiers
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Swiers, Peter
- Date: 1994-06-06
CollectionJohn Hay papers, Correspondence, letterbooks, memoranda, diaries, speeches, notebooks, scrapbooks, memorabilia, and other papers relating chiefly to Hay's service as U.S. ambassador to Great Britain and U.S. secretary of state under Presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt. Earlier papers deal with his years as U.S. assistant secretary in the Abraham Lincoln presidential administration; work as a lawyer in Springfield, Ill.; years with the New York Tribune; and ...
- Contributor: Hay, John - Hay, Clara Louise Stone
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Harmon E. Kirby
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Kirby, Harmon E.
- Date: 1995-08-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Clint A. Lauderdale
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lauderdale, Clint A. (Clint Arlen)
- Date: 1994-08-16
CollectionJames R. Schlesinger papers, Correspondence, memoranda, writings, notebooks, subject files, appointment books, telephone logs, printed matter, photographs, and other papers chiefly concerning Schlesinger's service as U.S. secretary of defense and U.S. secretary of energy. Also documents his years as chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission; assistant director of the U.S. Bureau of the Budget, later U.S. Office of Management and Budget; and as director of strategic studies ...
- Contributor: Schlesinger, James R.
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ellen M. Johnson
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Johnson, Ellen M.
- Date: 1994-04-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Kingsley W. Hamilton
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Hamilton, Kingsley Wheeler
- Date: 1994-12-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Peter O. Sellar
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Sellar, Peter O.
- Date: 1999-01-21
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Robert W. Garrity
- Contributor: Tuch, Hans N. - Garrity, Robert W.
- Date: 1990-06-05
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Richard K. Fox Jr.
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Fox, Richard K., Jr.
- Date: 1989-03-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with G. Richard Monsen
- Contributor: Tuch, Hans N. - Monsen, G. Richard
- Date: 1988-08-22
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ronald D. Flack
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Flack, Ronald D.
- Date: 1998-01-07
CollectionHans J. Morgenthau papers, 1858-1981 Political scientist, writer, and expert on international relations. Correspondence, academic and subject files, writings, printed matter and miscellaneous material primarily related to Morgenthau's work in the field of international relations.
- Contributor: Morgenthau, Hans J. (Hans Joachim) - Morgenthau, Hans J.
- Date: 1858
CollectionSanford Gottlieb papers, 1946-1995 Political activist. Correspondence, writings, speeches, transcripts of radio shows and testimony, clippings, printed mattter, and other papers pertaining to Gottlieb's work with public interest organizations in the fields of disarmament and foreign policy, also including his work as a radio and television commentator.
- Contributor: Gottlieb, Sanford
- Date: 1946
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Mary Ann Stoessel
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Stoessel, Mary Ann
- Date: 2003-07-09
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Armin H. Meyer
- Contributor: Mak, Dayton S. - Meyer, Armin H. (Armin Henry)
- Date: 1989-02-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Phyllis E. Hechtman
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Hechtman, Phyllis E.
- Date: 1994-01-13
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Barbara J. Good
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Good, Barbara J.
- Date: 1993-05-25
CollectionVannevar Bush papers, Correspondence, memoranda, writings, reports, speeches, minutes, laboratory and other notes, articles, book file, scientific papers, diagrams, patents, clippings, press releases, printed matter, financial papers, biographical data, family papers, photographs, and other papers relating primarily to Bush's role in coordinating the scientific community for defense efforts during and after World War II as chairman of the National Defense Research Committee and director of its successor, ...
- Contributor: Bush, Vannevar
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Gilbert J. Donahue
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Donahue, Gilbert J.
- Date: 2000-04-18
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Merritt N. Cootes
- Contributor: Mullin, Lillian P. - Cootes, Merritt N.
- Date: 1991-09-27
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with John T. Bennett
- Contributor: Bennett, John T.
- Date: 1996-09-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Leon Picon
- Contributor: Schmidt, G. Lewis - Picon, Leon
- Date: 1989-10-30
CollectionHenry D. Flood papers, 1870-1921 Lawyer, state legislator, and U.S. representative from Virginia. Correspondence, legislative bills, resolutions, newspaper articles, and other papers relating chiefly to political affairs in Virginia and Flood’s legislative career.
- Contributor: Flood, Henry D. (Henry Delaware) - Flood, Henry D.
- Date: 1870
CollectionJohn Sharp Williams papers, 1902-1924 United States representative and senator, lawyer, and planter from Mississippi. Correspondence, biographical and genealogical material, newspaper clippings, printed material, and other papers documenting Williams's Congressional service. Pertains primarily to politics in Mississippi and the nation during the presidential administrations of Woodrow Wilson and Warren G. Harding.
- Contributor: Williams, John Sharp
- Date: 1902
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donald S. Brown
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Brown, Donald S.
- Date: 1996-12-04
CollectionMontgomery Meigs Taylor papers, 1890-1935 Naval officer and commander-in-chief, Asiatic Fleet. Official and personal correspondence reflecting life in Asia and military records, journals, notebooks, writings, and other papers relating mainly to Taylor’s military career.
- Contributor: Taylor, Montgomery Meigs
- Date: 1890
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Caroline Clendening Laise
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Morin, Ann Miller - Laise, Caroline Clendening
- Date: 1985-05-08
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with James Cowles Hart Bonbright
- Contributor: Jessup, Peter - Bonbright, James Cowles Hart
- Date: 1986-02-26
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with J.D. Bindenagel
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bindenagel, J.D.
- Date: 1998-02-03
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Frederick E. Gilbert
- Contributor: North, William Haven - Gilbert, Frederick E.
- Date: 1997-09-04
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Marten Van Heuven
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Van Heuven, Marten
- Date: 2003-01-31
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Dale M. Povenmire
- Contributor: Weisz, Morris - Povenmire, Dale M.
- Date: 1994-01-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Patricia A. Murphy
- Contributor: Fenzi, Jewell - Murphy, Patricia A.
- Date: 1988-06-14
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador George Quincey Lumsden
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Lumsden, George Quincey
- Date: 2000-01-11
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Ambassador David J. Dunford
- Contributor: Raspolic, Elizabeth - Dunford, David J.
- Date: 2010-00-00
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Donna Edmondson
- Contributor: Norland, Patricia - Edmondson, Donna
- Date: 1994-03-24
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Kenneth A. Guenther
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Guenther, Kenneth A.
- Date: 2000-07-10
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Alan H. Flanigan
- Contributor: Ewing, Raymond C. - Flanigan, Alan H.
- Date: 1997-06-16
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with David E. L'Heureux
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - L'heureux, David Eugene
- Date: 1992-04-24
CollectionGreen Haywood Hackworth papers, Correspondence, print and near-print publications, articles, and addresses. Chiefly printed matter relating to Hackworth's career as a legal advisor with the U.S. Dept. of State and as a judge with the International Court of Justice. Subjects include international law; U.S. treaty developments; treaty agreements between Canada and the United States; and the Yalta voting formula, the provisions for voting by members of the UN ...
- Contributor: Hackworth, Green Haywood
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Noel Marsh
- Contributor: Marsh, Yin - Marsh, Noel
- Date: 1999-07-01
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialMartin Van Buren Papers: Series 3, Additional Correspondence,...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin
- Date: 1820-00-00
View 7 Results
CollectionRobert Worth Bingham papers, 1856-1939 Diplomat, lawyer, and newspaper publisher. Correspondence, diaries, speeches, financial records, scrapbooks, appointment books, clippings, and other papers relating primarily to Bingham's service as ambassador to Great Britain.
- Contributor: Bingham, Robert Worth
- Date: 1856
CollectionBrand Whitlock papers, circa 1890-1934 Author, lawyer, diplomat, and mayor of Toledo, Ohio. Correspondence, journals, diaries, speeches and writings, biographical material, scrapbooks, photographs, printed material, clippings, financial records, and memorabilia relating to Whitlock's career as a writer, diplomat, and politician, and his interest in municipal administration.
- Contributor: Whitlock, Brand
- Date: 1890
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialInterview with Julia Chang Bloch
- Contributor: Kennedy, Charles Stuart - Bloch, Julia Chang
- Date: 1993-11-18