CollectionC. William Witbeck legal collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Letters, certificates, legal documents, and land surveys relating chiefly to Shreveport, La., and to Caddo Parish in general. The bulk of the material (1850-1855) concerns the case of Jenkins v. Caddo Parish involving Washington Jenkins.
- Contributor: Witbeck, C. William
CollectionMeg Greenfield papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, memoranda, minutes, speeches, writings, interview transcripts, reports, research files, calendars and schedules, financial and legal records, travel files, academic records, biographical material, childhood diaries and writings, family papers, honors and awards, scrapbooks, printed matter, digital files, cartoons, photographs, and other papers documenting Greenfield's career in journalism as Washington correspondent and editor for Reporter magazine (1961-1968), editorial writer and editor of the Washington Post ...
- Contributor: Greenfield, Meg
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Gardiner Greene Hubbard to Alexander Graham Bell, January 22, 1878
- Contributor: Bell, Alexander Graham - Hubbard, Gardiner Greene - Roosevelt, Cornelius
- Date: 1878-01-22
View 3 Results
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialTelegram from Alexander Graham Bell to Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie, October 6, 1915
- Contributor: Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie - Bell, Alexander Graham
- Date: 1915-10-06
CollectionFyke Farmer papers, 1875-1997 Lawyer and activist. Correspondence, court documents and legal papers, speech material, writings, notes, press clippings, journal articles, and other material concerning mainly Farmer's legal work and interest in the espionage case of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.
- Contributor: Farmer, Fyke
- Date: 1875
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Alexander Graham Bell to Charles J. Bell, March 14, 1912
- Contributor: Bell, Alexander Graham - Bell, Charles J. - Baldwin, Frederick W. - McCurdy, J. A. D. - Selfridge, Thomas E. - Curtiss, Glenn H. - Myers, George F.
- Date: 1912-03-14
View 2 Results
CollectionLouis F. Post papers, 1864-1940 Journalist, lawyer, and public official. Correspondence, manuscripts of articles and books, biographical data, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers relating to Post’s career as a writer, public official, and advocate of the single tax.
- Contributor: Post, Louis F. (Louis Freeland) - Post, Louis F.
- Date: 1864
CollectionJoseph A. Yablonski legal case collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Legal records, U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation files, crime scene photographs, and other records relating to the murder of labor leader Joseph A. Yablonski, his wife, Margaret Yablonski, and daughter, Charlotte Yablonski, and to the Pennsylvania state and federal trials of United Mine Workers of America president William Anthony Boyle, who ordered the murders, and his co-conspirators.
CollectionAlexander Vassiliev papers, 1895-2011 Journalist, author, espionage historian, and former KGB operative. Notebooks, file guide, concordance, legal documents, and notes compiled by Vassiliev from KGB files relating to KGB espionage activity in the United States during the 1930s through the early 1950s. Electronic files include material relating to VENONA, the code name for the U.S. Army's Signal Intelligence Service's project to analyze and decrypt Soviet communications primarily during ...
- Contributor: Vassiliev, Alexander
- Date: 1895
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Thomas E. Selfridge to Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie, July 23, 1908
- Contributor: Selfridge, Thomas E. - Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie
- Date: 1908-07-23
View 3 Results
CollectionVoices of Civil Rights Project collection, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Collection consists of oral history interviews, sound and video recordings, photographs and manuscript materials documenting memories of the civil rights movement for the Voices of Civil Rights Project, sponsored by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). The manuscript submissions consist of correspondence from AARP members and the general public who responded to invitations in AARP Magazine, AARP Bulletin and Parade Magazine in 2003 ...
- Contributor: Adams, Victoria Gray - Andrade, Juan - Baxley, Bill (William Joseph) - Beal, Gerald K. - Beerman, Leonard I. - Boggs, Grace Lee - Bonilla, Rubén - Booth, Heather - Bourne, St. Clair - Branch, Raylawni G. ... Adams, Victoria Gray - Andrade, Juan - Baxley, Bill (William Joseph) - Beal, Gerald K. - Beerman, Leonard I. - Boggs, Grace Lee - Bonilla, Rubén - Booth, Heather - Bourne, St. Clair - Branch, Raylawni G. - Braxton, Annye H. - Brownmiller, Susan - Carlos, John - Charles, Michael Ray - Collins, Wendell - Dahmer, Ellie J. - Davis, L. Clifford - Dickinson, James Luther - Dinkins, David N. - Doty, Juanita Sims - Epps, Jesse - Fife, John M. (John Macmillan) - Fleming, Karl - Forman, James - Fountain, Clarence - Frank, Barney - Garcia, Isabel (Isabel G.) - Gields, Clarence - Goodman, Carolyn - Graves, Curtis - Green, Percy - Gutiérrez, José Angel - Hackney, Lucy D. - Halpern, Rosario Salgado - Harjo, Suzan Shown - Harrington, Penny - Hayes, Shirley G. - Height, Dorothy I. (Dorothy Irene) - Hill, Oliver W. - Hite, Nancy - Holland, Endesha Ida Mae - Hooks, Benjamin L. (Benjamin Lawson) - Horowitz, Rachelle - Jarrett, Vernon - Jones, Doug (G. Douglas) - King - Kirk, Ron - Kochiyama, Yuri - Kwoh, Stewart - Kyles, Samuel Billy - Landrieu, Moon - Lawson, James M. - Lee, Helen Shores - Lee, Sammy - Lewis, John - Little Joe - Lout, Mike (James M.) - Lowery, Joseph E. - Lyons, Kenneth O. - Mashariki, Job - McKinstry, Carolyn Maull - McWhorter, Diane - Mease, Quentin R. - Meier, Deborah - Mingo, Lucy - Monroe, Sputnik - Moses, Robert Parris - Moutoussamy-Ashe, Jeanne - Murray, Tawanda - Norton, Eleanor Holmes - Oldham, Charles R. - Poussaint, Alvin F. - Pride, Carlton - Reid, Vernon - Rivers, Eugene - Romilly, Constancia - Rowles, Billy E. - Seay, Norman R. - Sellers, Cleveland - Shores, Barbara - Sims, Bernice Banks - Smith, Jerome M. - Spellman, Toyin - Steger, Michelle - Sutton, Goodloe - Swann-Daniels, Carol - Tafel, Richard - Thompson, Larry Dean - Tisdale, Alice - Tisdale, Charles - Trickey, Minnijean Brown - Uyeshima, Erin Emiko - West, W. Richard - Wilder, Lawrence Douglas - Wilkins, Roger W. - Wilson, Diane - Wilson, Edwin O. - Wunrow, Jeffrey D. - Yamamoto, Joyce C. - Zabel, William D. - Bowley, Andy - Briggs, Jimmie - Hargrove, Earnestine - Iverem, Esther - Kellogg, Alex - Krol, Debra Utacia - Latimer, Leah Y. - Lewis, Dan - Lum, Lydia - Mapp, Marilyn - Marquez Stathis, Sandra - Miller, Tom - Neubauer, Rita - O'konis, Jonathan - Patoski, Joe Nick - Pierce, Ponchitta Anne - Reavis, Dick J. - Rosenfeld, Megan - Rosenzweig, Hannah - Sloan, Lester - Smith, Vern E. - Whitehouse, Liz - Wolf, Bonny - Ynclan, Nery - Williams, Juan - Aarp (Organization) - Library of Congress - History Channel (Television Network) - Leadership Conference on Civil Rights
- Date: 2003
CollectionGeorge P. Fisher papers, 1772-1905 Public official and judge of the supreme court of the District of Columbia. Correspondence, legal papers, commissions, biographical sketches, essays, speeches, and other material relating to Fisher's legal career and other topics.
- Contributor: Fisher, George P. (George Purnell) - Fisher, George P.
- Date: 1772
CollectionJoseph Kingsbury-Smith papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, writings, wire-service reports, transcribed interviews and phone calls, notes on conversations, background files, biographical material, family papers, financial records, clippings, printed matter, photographs, and other papers relating to Kingsbury-Smith's career with Hearst Corporation and to his personal relationship with the Hearst family, in particular William Randolph Hearst, Jr. Other family members represented include Austine McDonnell Hearst, Millicent Willson Hearst, Patricia (Patty) Hearst, and ...
- Contributor: Kingsbury-Smith, Joseph
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from John Smallwood to Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie, January 29, 1914
- Contributor: Mauro, Cameron, Lewis & Massie - Smallwood, John
- Date: 1914-01-29
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from Charles J. Bell to Alexander Graham Bell, October 4, 1912
- Contributor: Bell, Alexander Graham - Bell, Charles J. - Baldwin, Frederick W. - McCurdy, J. A. D. - Selfridge, Thomas E. - Curtiss, Glenn H.
- Date: 1912-10-04
View 6 Results
CollectionWilliam Maxwell Evarts papers, 1667-1918 Lawyer, United States senator from New York, and United States secretary of state and attorney general. Correspondence, diary, journal, account books, minute book, printed material, drafts of memoranda, and a journal of college reading relating mainly to New York state, national, and international politics from the Civil War to the 1890s.
- Contributor: Evarts, William Maxwell
- Date: 1667
CollectionMary Amanda Dixon Jones papers, 1839-1925 Physician. Family papers, correspondence, legal papers, financial papers, lectures, notes, writings, medical illustrations, newspaper clippings, photographs, and printed matter relating primarily to Dixon Jones’s medical career.
- Contributor: Dixon Jones, Mary Amanda
- Date: 1839
CollectionLillian Gish papers, 1829-1978 Actress. Chiefly synopses of silent films and scripts of plays, films, and television productions in which Gish did not appear; scripts, some annotated, for productions in which she did perform; letters received by Gish; and legal files.
- Contributor: Gish, Lillian
- Date: 1829
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to E. A. Selfridge, April 6, 1912
- Contributor: Bell, Alexander Graham - Baldwin, Frederick W. - McCurdy, J. A. D. - Selfridge, Thomas E. - Curtiss, Glenn H. - Myers, George F. - Selfridge, E. A.
- Date: 1912-04-06
CollectionLouis F. Post papers, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available Correspondence, diary, writings, articles, biographical material, scrapbooks, printed matter, and other papers relating to Post's career as an author, journalist, and public official. Documents his support of Henry George and the single tax, Swedenborgian (New Jerusalem Church) religious beliefs, policies favoring the civil rights of radicals, and views on society and progress. Documents the attempted impeachment of Post as U.S. assistant secretary of labor ...
- Contributor: Post, Louis F. (Louis Freeland) - Post, Alice Thacher
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter from S. T. Cameron, December 12, 1914
- Contributor: Cameron, S. T.
- Date: 1914-12-12
Manuscript/Mixed MaterialLetter to Alexander Graham Bell, January 26, 1914
- Contributor: Bell, Alexander Graham
- Date: 1914-01-26
CollectionCharles Ewing family papers, 1769-1951 Lawyer and army officer. Correspondence, diaries, biographical material, genealogical notebooks, legal and business papers, scrapbooks, photographs, memorabilia, and other papers relating to the family of Charles Ewing during and after the Civil War.
- Contributor: Ewing, Charles
- Date: 1769