CollectionMartin Van Buren Papers, 1787 to 1910 The Martin Van Buren Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains more than 6,000 items dating from 1787 to circa 1910. The bulk of the...
- Contributor: Van Buren, Martin - Van Buren, John
Collection Items: View 213 Items
CollectionMary Ann Bickerdyke Papers The papers of Mary Ann Ball Bickerdyke (1817-1901), a Civil War nurse and agent for the United States Sanitary Commission who was known as "Mother Bickerdyke" to Union soldiers, consist of 1,800...
- Contributor: Bickerdyke, Mary Ann
Collection Items: View 97 Items
CollectionMary Church Terrell Papers The papers of educator, lecturer, suffragist, and civil rights activist Mary Church Terrell (1863-1954) consist of approximately 13,000 documents, comprising 25,323 images, all of which were digitized from 34 reels of previously...
- Contributor: Terrell, Mary Church
Collection Items: View 767 Items
CollectionMillard Fillmore Papers The papers of Millard Fillmore (1800-1874), educator, U.S. representative from New York, vice president, and thirteenth president of the United States, contain approximately thirty-five items spanning the years 1839-1925, with the bulk...
- Contributor: Fillmore, Millard
Collection Items: View 20 Items
CollectionMontana Folklife Survey Collection The Montana Folklife Survey was conducted in the summer of 1979 by the American Folklife Center of the Library of Congress, in cooperation with the Montana Arts Council. The survey was a...
- Contributor: Crummett, Michael - Fleischhauer, Carl - Johnson, Paula J. - McBride, Tom - Stanton, Gary Ward - Toelken, Barre - Toelken, Miiko - Young, Kay - Wasson, George - Dockstader, Ray - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Montana Arts Council
- Date: 1979
Collection Items: View 607 Items
CollectionNathan W. Daniels Diary and Scrapbook The papers of Union army officer and Freedmen’s Bureau advocate Nathan W. Daniels (1836-1867), spanning the years 1861-1867, consist of three volumes of a handwritten diary with photographs, illustrations, and newspaper clippings...
- Contributor: Daniels, Nathan W. - Richmond, Cora L. V. (Cora Linn Victoria)
Collection Items: View 11 Items
CollectionOccupational Folklife Project The Occupational Folklife Project (OFP) began in 2010 as a multi-year project by the American Folklife Center (AFC) to document the culture of contemporary American workers during an era of economic and...
- Contributor: Dodd, Harold L. - Jasper, Pat - Lindahl, Carl - Peterson, Betsy - Potoczniak, Anthony - Aalund, Niels Anders - Bennett, Steven R. - Bludworth, Richard W. - Blume, Dana - Braun, Leo J. ... Dodd, Harold L. - Jasper, Pat - Lindahl, Carl - Peterson, Betsy - Potoczniak, Anthony - Aalund, Niels Anders - Bennett, Steven R. - Bludworth, Richard W. - Blume, Dana - Braun, Leo J. - Burkett, Joe L. - Cooney, James Patrick - Corgey, Dean - Dickens, Michael W. - Diehl, William J. - Fitzgerald, Clyde - Gage, Charles H. - Glass, Leonard - Glass, Matthew H. - Halbert, David Maurice - Harris, Eugene - Harris, Timothy C. - Hausinger, William - Hennessey, William S. - Henry, Mark - Hensley, James J. - Hilliard, Henry - Hilliard, Townsend W. - Holland, Benny - Keenan, Gordie - Kersey, Bobby C. - King, Charles H. - Larrimer, George - Laws, Andrew L. - Lebert, Lindberg A. - Lightsey, Thomas N. - Martinez, Gilbert - Mayville, Donnie D. - Mims, Doug - Montgomery, Charles R. - Morrell, David C. - Olsen, Eric Carl - Patton, William Benjamin - Patout, Rivers - Paysse, Charlie Lou - Postel, Adolph C. - Quesada, José Angel - Ramirez, Gilda - Robb, Alan A. - Rousser, C. A. - Seeba, Patrick - Shaffer, Harold L. - Tellepsen, Tom - Thibodeaux, Terry James - Thompson, Robert L. - Tray, James Thomas - Usher, Michael Gene - Vest, Lou C. - Occupational Folklife Project - American Folklife Center - Houston Arts Alliance
- Date: 2010
Collection Items: View 186 Items
CollectionPhilip Henry Sheridan Papers The papers of army officer Philip Henry Sheridan (1831-1888) span the years 1853-1896, with the bulk of the material originating between 1862 and 1887. They consist of approximately 18,000 items digitally reproduced...
- Contributor: Sheridan, Philip Henry
Collection Items: View 760 Items
CollectionPolish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States, 1926 Digitization of this collection was made possible by the Polish Library in Washington, D.C. The Polish Declarations of Admiration and Friendship for the United States are a collection of 111 volumes of...
- Contributor: American-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland - Polish-American Society
Collection Items: View 117 Items
CollectionRhode Island Folklife Project Collection The Rhode Island Folklife Project collection resulted from a field survey project of the American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, conducted in cooperation with the Rhode Island Heritage Commission, the Rhode Island...
- Contributor: Bartis, Peter - Bell, Michael Edward - Burns, Thomas A. - Fleischhauer, Carl - Goldstein, Kenneth S. - Horenstein, Henry - Johnson, Geraldine Niva - Harley, Nancy - Glawson, Francis - Rhode Island Folklife Project - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1979
Collection Items: View 979 Items
CollectionRobert Lansing Papers The private memoranda, desk diaries, and notes, 1915-1922, of diplomat and lawyer Robert Lansing (1864-1928) consist of 22 volumes (3,090 images) located in containers 63-67 of a larger collection of Lansing papers...
- Contributor: Lansing, Robert
Collection Items: View 24 Items
CollectionRosa Parks Papers The papers of Rosa Parks (1913-2005) span the years 1866-2006, with the bulk of the material dating from 1955 to 2000. The collection, which contains approximately 7,500 items in the Manuscript Division,...
- Contributor: Parks, Rosa - Williams, Aubrey Willis
Collection Items: View 2,455 Items
CollectionSamuel J. Gibson Diary and Correspondence The papers of Union soldier Samuel J. Gibson (1833-1878) consist of a diary kept by Gibson in 1864 while serving with Company B, 103rd Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment, and a letter to his...
- Contributor: Gibson, Samuel J.
Collection Items: View 7 Items
CollectionSamuel F. B. Morse Papers at the Library of Congress, 1793-1919 Approximately 6,500 items from the Samuel F. B. Morse Papers in the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress have been digitized, including correspondence, diaries, printed matter, maps, drawings and miscellany. These...
- Contributor: Morse, Samuel Finley Breese - Clausing, Ludwig
Collection Items: View 142 Items
CollectionSigmund Freud Papers Digitization of this collection was made possible by The Polonsky Foundation. The papers of psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud (1856-1939) span the years from about the 6th century B.C.E. (a small Greek statue) to...
- Contributor: Freud, Sigmund
Collection Items: View 2,026 Items
CollectionThe Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America See and Hear American History Through Song "Know the songs of a country and you will know its history for the true feeling of a people speaks through what they sing." –...
- Date: 1581
Collection Items: View 98,312 Items
CollectionSouth Central Georgia Folklife Project Collection The South-Central Georgia Folklife Project collection resulted from an ethnographic field project conducted in the summer of 1977 by the American Folklife Center of the Library of Congress and the Arts Experiment...
- Contributor: Adler, Thomas A. - Blackmarr, Syd - Coelho, Dennis - Fleischhauer, Carl - Jabbour, Alan - Lightfoot, William E. (William Edwin) - Marshall, Howard W. - Robinson, Beverly J. - Stanley, David - Hamrick, Raymond C. - McGraw, Hugh - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - American Folklife Center - Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Date: 1977
Collection Items: View 1,123 Items
CollectionSusan B. Anthony Papers The papers of reformer and suffragist Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) span the period 1846-1934 with the bulk of the material dating from 1846 to 1906. The collection, consisting of approximately 500 items...
- Contributor: Anthony, Susan (Susan Brownell) - Anthony, Mary S.
Collection Items: View 55 Items
CollectionThaddeus Stevens Papers The papers of lawyer and United States representative from Pennsylvania Thaddeus Stevens (1792-1868) consist of 4,750 items (7,769 images) in eight containers and one oversize folder. The material spans the years 1811-1927,...
- Contributor: Stevens, Thaddeus
Collection Items: View 107 Items
CollectionTheodore Roosevelt Papers The papers of Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), public official, author, decorated veteran of the Spanish-American War, governor of New York, and president of the United States (1901-1909), consist of approximately 276,000 documents (roughly...
- Contributor: Roosevelt, Theodore - Roosevelt, Eleanor Butler
Collection Items: View 853 Items
CollectionThomas Jefferson Papers, 1606-1827 The papers of Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826), diplomat, architect, scientist, and third president of the United States, held in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, consist of approximately 27,000 items, making it the...
- Contributor: Jefferson, Thomas
Collection Items: View 26,690 Items
CollectionCivil War Soldier in the Wild Cat Regiment : Selections from the Tilton C. Reynolds Papers Comprising 164 items (359 digital images), this online presentation includes correspondence, photographs, and other materials dating between 1861 and 1865 documenting the Civil War experience of Captain Tilton C. Reynolds, a member...
- Contributor: Reynolds, Tilton C. - Reynolds, Juliana Smith
Collection Items: View 174 Items
CollectionRoman Totenberg Papers: Totenberg-Wilk Holocaust Material When Violinist Roman Totenberg immigrated to the United States in 1938, antisemitism in Europe was not restricted solely to Nazi Germany, but had spread across the continent and was pervasive in his...
Collection Items: View 110 Items
CollectionUlysses S. Grant Papers The papers of Ulysses S. Grant (1822-1885), army officer and eighteenth president of the United States, contain approximately 50,000 items dating from 1819-1974, with the bulk falling in the period 1843-1885. They...
- Contributor: Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson) - Grant, Julia Dent - Grant, U. S. (Ulysses S.)
Collection Items: View 470 Items
CollectionVietnam-Era Prisoner-of-War/Missing-in-Action Database This database of over 160,000 records is designed to assist researchers in accessing U.S. Government documents pertaining to U.S. unaccounted-for military personnel from the Vietnam conflict as of December 1991. The title...
Collection Items: View 163,316 Items
CollectionWalt Whitman Papers (Miscellaneous Manuscript Collection) This small collection of papers (about 150 items; 1,200 images) of poet Walt Whitman (1819-1892) spans the years 1837-1957 with the bulk concentrated in the period 1840-1891. Included are examples of the...
Collection Items: View 37 Items
CollectionWarren G. Harding-Carrie Fulton Phillips Correspondence This correspondence (240 items; 1910-1924) consists primarily of letters written by President Harding (1865-1923), before and during his tenure as a U.S. senator, to his paramour Carrie Fulton Phillips (1873-1960), wife of...
- Contributor: Phillips, Carrie Fulton - Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel)
Collection Items: View 33 Items
CollectionWilbur and Orville Wright Papers at the Library of Congress This selection of Wilbur and Orville Wright’s papers at the Library of Congress comprises about 10,121 items (approximately 49,084 digital images) documenting the lives of the Wright brothers and their pioneering work...
- Date: 1900
Collection Items: View 1,166 Items
CollectionWilliam Henry Harrison Papers The William Henry Harrison Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains approximately 1,000 items dating from 1734 to 1939, with the bulk dated from 1812...
- Contributor: Harrison, William Henry - Cleaves, Freeman
Collection Items: View 25 Items
CollectionWilliam Speiden Journals As purser’s clerk aboard the U.S. steam frigate Mississippi, William Speiden, Jr., (1835-1920) created a two-volume journal dating from 1852 to 1855 documenting the U.S. Naval Expedition to the China Seas and...
- Contributor: Speiden, William
Collection Items: View 16 Items
CollectionWilliam T. Sherman Papers The papers of General William Tecumseh Sherman (1820-1891) span the years 1810-1897, with the bulk of the material originating between 1848 and 1891. They consist of approximately 18,000 items, most digitally scanned...
- Contributor: Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh)
Collection Items: View 173 Items
CollectionWoodrow Wilson Papers The papers of Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924), scholar, president of Princeton University, governor of New Jersey, and president of the United States (1913-1921), consist of approximately 280,000 documents, comprising approximately 620,000 images, most...
- Contributor: Wilson, Woodrow - Wilson, Edith Bolling Galt
Collection Items: View 1,039 Items
CollectionZachary Taylor Papers The Zachary Taylor Papers, one of twenty-three presidential collections in the Library of Congress Manuscript Division, contains approximately 650 items dating from 1814 to 1931, with the bulk from 1840 to 1861....
- Contributor: Taylor, Zachary
Collection Items: View 21 Items
CollectionZora Neale Hurston Plays at the Library of Congress This collection present ten plays written by Hurston (1891-1960), author, anthropologist, and folklorist. Deposited as unpublished typescripts in the United States Copyright Office between 1925 and 1944, most of the plays remained...
- Contributor: Hurston, Zora Neale
Collection Items: View 21 Items