Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information Committee
ALA MIDWINTER CONFERENCE
January 9-14, 2004
San Diego, CA
January 8, 2004
Saturday, January 10, 2004, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (San
Diego Convention Center, Room 28E)
- Proposal 2004-01: Making Subfields $e,
$f, and $g Repeatable in Field 260 of the MARC 21 Bibliographic Format.
- Proposal 2004-02: Defining New Field Link
Type Codes for Subfield $8 (Field link and sequence number) in the MARC 21
Bibliographic and Holdings Formats.
- Proposal 2004-03: Designating the Privacy
of Fields 541, 561 and 583 in the MARC 21 Bibliographic and Holdings Formats.
- Discussion Paper 2004-DP03: Changing
the Mapping for the Double-Wide Diacritics from MARC8 to Unicode/UCS from
the Unicode/UCS Half Diacritic Characters to
the Unicode/UCS Double-Wide Diacritic Characters
Assessment of Options for Handling Full Unicode Character Encodings in
MARC 21 -- Part 1: New Scripts
- Business meeting
Sunday, January 11, 2004, 2:00-4:00 p.m. (San Diego Convention
Center, Room 28E)
- Discussion Paper 2004-DP02: Applying Field 752 (Added Entry Hierarchical
Place Name) for different purposes in the MARC 21 Bibliographic Format
- Proposal 2004-04: Definition of Field 258 (Philatelic Issue Data) in the
MARC 21 Bibliographic Format
- Discussion Paper 2004-DP01: Changes Needed to Accommodate RISM Data--Music
Monday, January 12, 2004, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Library of Congress
Library of Congress Help Desk