Machine-Readable Bibliographic Information Committee
ALA MIDWINTER CONFERENCE
January 14-19, 2005
January 13, 2005
Saturday, January 15, 2005, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Boston
Park Plaza, Imperial Ballroom)
- Introduction of members
- Approval of minutes from MARBI's June 2004 meetings
- Proposal 2005-03: Definition of Subfield $2 and Second Indicator
value 7 in Fields 866-868 (Textual Holdings) of the MARC 21 Holdings Format.
- Proposal 2005-04: Hierarchical Geographic Names in the MARC 21 Bibliographic Format.
- Proposal 2005-02: Definition of Subfield $y in Field 020
(International Standard Book Number) and Field 010 (Library of Congress Control Number) in the MARC 21 Formats.
- Proposal 2005-01: Definition of Field 766 in the MARC 21
- Proposal 2005-05: Change of Unicode mapping for the Extended Roman alif character.
- Business Meeting
- Library of Congress Report
- CC:AAM motion to urge MARBI to expand the Character
Repertoire to include the Unicode Universal Character Set (UCS) beyond
that included in the MARC-8 subset
- Joint meeting with CC:DA at the 2005 Annual Meeting
Sunday, January 16, 2005 2:00-4:00 p.m. (Boston Marriott
Copley, Grand Ballroom F)
- Discussion Paper 2005-DP01: Subject Access to Images
- Other items not discussed on January 15.
Library of Congress
Library of Congress Help Desk