NLS Player Help
For issues with BARD and your NLS digital player, Find Your Library and ask for technical help.
If you are unable to reach your library, contact [email protected] .
If you are a patron living overseas, email the overseas librarian at NLS or call (202) 707-5100.
Subscribe to the NLS BARD support list to receive email updates.
To upgrade your digital talking-book machine to the latest software, follow these instructions.
- Download the latest software.
- Extract (unzip) this file onto a cartridge or USB drive so that the directory “upgrade” appears in the “root” directory of the drive.
Turn on the player.
- Insert the cartridge or USB drive containing the unzipped file of the software.
- The player will announce “Upgrading your player’s software.”
- Wait until the upgrade is complete and the player restarts (about 10 seconds), then remove the cartridge.
The upgrade will occur only if the player’s version is older than the version of the software on the cartridge. Reinserting the cartridge will not repeat the upgrade.